Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 10:59   #1

Bought Terrano: Nissan backtracks on their promise of free Blaupunkt ICE + navigation!:Edit:Resolved

I was searching for a good SUV and after a bit of research zeroed in on Nissan Terrano XL(O) 85PS Diesel only due to the fact that Nissan had advertised Diwali offers to the tune of INR 95000 for purchases in November which included Free Insurance , discounts and a Blaupunkt ICE with Navigation worth Rs.31,500 which according to me was a good offer.

So I went ahead and did the booking with Jubilant Nissan, Chennai on 10th November 2015 by paying Rs.10, 000 and paid the remaining amount in full on 16th November 2015 (Bankers Cheque).

While booking delivery was promised on 18th of November, due to rains lashing out Chennai that week and subsequent closure of Nissan Factory the vehicle could not be delivered on time and after substantial efforts from the dealer side, the same was delivered on 20th December.

From the time I booked the vehicle , I kept the dealer informed that he Is to deliver the vehicle with all the Paid(that I had ordered for and paid) and free accessories that have been promised by Nissan. On the day of delivery, the dealer mentioned that he has not received the free Blaupunkt HU with Navigation from Nissan and it would take a couple of days to get it installed so I took delivery of the vehicle without the promised Blaupunkt HU.

Subsequent follow ups with the dealer was not fruitful. He was not ready to commit a date to me for providing delivery of the Blaupunkt HU and kept saying that he has not heard back from Nissan on this which continues till date.

So since 26th November 2015, I wrote a series of mails to Nissan customer care (customercare.nissan@email.nissan.in) which is given below. The following mail trails would give you an insight into my experience with Nissan.

Mail 1 – 26th November 2015

Hi,

I purchased a Nissan Terrano XL O and it was delivered last Friday (20th November 2015) without the promised Blaupunkt System with Navigation.

I have been following up with the dealer several times (Jain Jubilant Nissan - Egmore ,Chennai ) and have received response that everything has already been done from the dealer side to get the system for me , but they are not getting any response from your side ( Nissan).

I request customer care to intervene and have the delivery and fitment of the promised Blaupunkt System organized immediately, else i would be required to take up the issue seriously as i am fed up of follow ups.

I hear from other customers that this is a general grievance where they have not received this upgrade even after a month from the date of vehicle delivery.

If such is the standards of Nissan where the advertisements and promotions promise something where as the customer has to go through so much of pain to avail what has been promised, then we have no other go but to seek legal counsel in this matter to streamline things.

Requesting you to take this up seriously and have the promised system arranged immediately for me failing which i will ensure that necessary action is being taken for false advertising and this is also taken up in the social media.

Regards

Sasi Kumar.C

Mail 2 – 27th November 2015

Hi,

It is almost 24 hours since i wrote to Nissan (being one of the top automotive companies in the world) and have not yet received a proper response from your side except for a complaint ID ( C1511260027 ).

Is this all Nissan cares for its customers?

Its a pity that i have to go through this mental hassle to get what is being advertised to be a part of the vehicle and these follow ups and don't care attitude of Nissan has made me feel that i have wrongly chosen a Nissan vehicle, where after sales care is left as something to be desired.

Kindly make sure that the system is installed immediately as mentioned in your advertisements and not take customers for granted, else it isn't difficult to make sure that every social media and automotive blogging site/magazine carries an article of this falsity to lure customers.

Am sure i would get more support once this becomes public as there are a lot of aggrieved customers facing similar issues out there.

Regards

Sasi Kumar.C

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a call from customer care of Nissan after this mail giving stock issues as reasons and that they need time for delivery. I told them that I was extremely unhappy about this treatment I am getting and asked for a date commitment for delivery. The agent promised to call back with a date but I never received a call again from Nissan”.

I also tweeted to Nissan India on 27th November and received no valid replies except them asking my contact number(Pics attached)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail 3 – 12th December 2015

Hi,

Its been more than 15 days since your representative from Customer Care division spoke to me and promised fitment of the music system in 1 week's time.

Is this how Nissan's customer care system efficiently works ? An offer promised for Diwali has not been given till now and its almost New Year!

Please do not advertise falsely here after atleast.

Regards

Sasi Kumar.C

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post this mail , the dealer called me up and told me that Nissan is ready to offer INR 19960 in cash instead of the system. I asked the dealer then why was this offer worth 31500/- as mentioned in the adverts, he mentioned that 19960 was the purchase price of Nissan.

I immediately enquired in the market on the system he mentioned “Blaupunkt 530 San Diego with Navigation” which was quoted at Rs.27k and an additional amount of nearly Rs.4000 for the harness and installation charges.

I reverted to the dealer declining Nissan’s offer saying that it was not economical for me to accept this offer and also asked him as to why I should go through the hassles of purchase and installation when it was advertised as free. He mentioned saying he will inform the same to Nissan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mail 4 – 16th December 2015

Hi Nissan Team,

This is the fourth email i am writing regarding this issue and have not received even a single email response from your side. This in fact proves again and again the amount of respect you have on your customers.

In a land where Gandhiji spoke those wise words about customer satisfaction, you have successfully managed to successfully make a customer grope in the dark for almost a month.

Am sure there must be some lame reason like stock issues for this delay which has caused me great mental agony as the same system you had advertised is being sold in plenty online.

I can imagine the difficulty a company like Nissan being the 4th largest car maker in the world might face in getting those music systems and reaching them to customers as against these online retailers who can do the same in 2 days and have it installed on the third.

Now after nearly a month from my purchase, i have seriously started doubting whether Nissan has the intention to provide the promised music system at all or will ride on its customer's patience and make them eventually forget this offer they made.

This will be my last mail after which i have decided that i will not follow up on this anymore, consider this closed and initiate legal action against Nissan for making false advertisements and promises to customers. This is required because, when i enquired none of them who have purchased a Nissan car from the month of November has received this system yet.

As the popular saying goes “A Stitch in Time saves nine". I feel that time is running out for Nissan.

Regards

Sashi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been no single valid email reply from Nissan on this except an automated message that my complaint has been taken. This has also stopped for the last two mails.

I advise all BHPians not to buy any car just for the offers that they advertise during the year ends. These are luring tactics and there are so many people like me who have fallen prey to these tactics.

Trust my experience with Nissan would help some person in taking a call on purchasing their vehicle in the future.

Sashi
SpeedSashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 11:48   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Bought Terrano: Nissan backtracks on their promise of free Blaupunkt ICE + navigation!:Edit:Resolved

Nice cars, lame company & even lamer dealers.

If they can't source the Blaupunkt ICE, they should give you an equivalently priced head-unit with navigation. No rocket science, there are innumerable options in the market. A promise is a promise. If Nissan can't stand by the few customers it manages to find today, how will they ever grow in India.

A bunch of nincompoops are running the show, I can tell you that.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 12:00   #3
BHPian

re: Bought Terrano: Nissan backtracks on their promise of free Blaupunkt ICE + navigation!:Edit:Resolved

Hi SpeedSashi,

Its sad to see your new car buying experience spoiled in this manner. Extremely unethical on the part of both Dealer and Nissan (its clear from the exchange above that the fault does not lie with dealer alone). Offering Rs 19,960 for an offer that was worth 31,500 is a simply cheap. Nissan's Customer Service clearly isn't serving the customer. I hope you get a speedy resolution in terms of either the full cost of the HU or an HU itself.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 13:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

I ask you to send a consumer court notice to both Nissan and the dealer on charges of failing to keep the promise made. See how quickly they would react. If possible also inform some of the local newspapers/Auto Magazines.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 18:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice cars, lame company & even lamer dealers.

If they can't source the Blaupunkt ICE, they should give you an equivalently priced head-unit with navigation. No rocket science, there are innumerable options in the market. A promise is a promise. If Nissan can't stand by the few customers it manages to find today, how will they ever grow in India.

A bunch of nincompoops are running the show, I can tell you that.
Yeah, That is what i understood from this experience as well. Nissan isnt growing in the right direction i suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
I ask you to send a consumer court notice to both Nissan and the dealer on charges of failing to keep the promise made. See how quickly they would react. If possible also inform some of the local newspapers/Auto Magazines.
I sent the last mail to Nissan copying some of my friends at OneIndia, Burnyourfuel,DriveSpark,Rushlane,gaadi.com & Car&Bike.com. I have also informed my Legal counsel about this and am just waiting for Nissan's response to my last email. If i receive none by this week, then it is going to cost Nissan much more than a music system worth 31500(or 19960 ).
Old 17th December 2015, 11:33   #6

Dear Mr Sashi,

Greetings from Jain Jubilant Nissan

This is with regards to the Blaupunkt Music system which was pending from our side as a part of Scheme, There was short supply of that system from Vendor to Nissan so we couldn’t provide you the system at the time of delivery, As confirmed by Nissan India we promise you to fix the system on or before 10th Jan 2016. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Sadeesh.M

I Received the above mail from the dealer today. I am enraged by this careless attitude of Nissan where they are buying 24 more days of time after the 30 days they have already taken.

What do you guys think i should do ? Wait for it ?
SpeedSashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:01   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSashi View Post
While booking delivery was promised on 18th of November, due to rains lashing out Chennai that week and subsequent closure of Nissan Factory the vehicle could not be delivered on time and after substantial efforts from the dealer side, the same was delivered on 20th December.
I think you mean that you got the delivery of the car on 20th November.

If the Certificate of Sale given by the dealer to you mentions about the ICE as an accessory sold along with the car, then you may consider taking this further. If it does not, then no point.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:09   #8
BANNED

Quote:
[i]
Hi Sashi,

It's painstaking to hearsay so many of customers going through tumultuous times whilst pledging a million buck on what necessarily is a joyous and happy moment. It's a pity that nothing much can be done other than 'naming and shaming', specially where customer protection laws and regulations are a joke.

Having said that, I think what's coming off now is reasonably acceptable. First and foremost, they have owned up to the offer and provided to you in writing that it has been pending from their end. Additionally, the Navi system is not mechanical in nature, if you see where my drift is. I love the Navi systems I have put on my cars, love them to the hilt. But doesn't impede nor enhance the feeling of driving my car. Whereas, I feel offering you 19k worth of cash for 31k worth of 'benefits' was a hit below the belt, their latest offering seems reasonable. Please make sure they fit in the Blaupunkt and not any other system, that may or may not be cheaper!

Just to give you an example, when I test-drove the Elite i20 VTVT, I started fiddling with the buttons rather than concentrating on the drive. Cheers, and drive the hell out of the car, so that you don't miss the system.
methecupid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 12:36   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I think you mean that you got the delivery of the car on 20th November.

If the Certificate of Sale given by the dealer to you mentions about the ICE as an accessory sold along with the car, then you may consider taking this further. If it does not, then no point.
Sorry, My Bad ! it was 20th November and not December

If by certificate of sale you mean the Invoice, i don't think that this Blaupunkt ICE offer is mentioned. But i have their mails mentioning this offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Hi Sashi,

It's painstaking to hearsay so many of customers going through tumultuous times whilst pledging a million buck on what necessarily is a joyous and happy moment. It's a pity that nothing much can be done other than 'naming and shaming', specially where customer protection laws and regulations are a joke.

Having said that, I think what's coming off now is reasonably acceptable. First and foremost, they have owned up to the offer and provided to you in writing that it has been pending from their end. Additionally, the Navi system is not mechanical in nature, if you see where my drift is. I love the Navi systems I have put on my cars, love them to the hilt. But doesn't impede nor enhance the feeling of driving my car. Whereas, I feel offering you 19k worth of cash for 31k worth of 'benefits' was a hit below the belt, their latest offering seems reasonable. Please make sure they fit in the Blaupunkt and not any other system, that may or may not be cheaper!

Just to give you an example, when I test-drove the Elite i20 VTVT, I started fiddling with the buttons rather than concentrating on the drive. Cheers, and drive the hell out of the car, so that you don't miss the system.
Hi methecupid,

I perfectly understand that this Navigation system is not going to help me any which way in the City i ply(Chennai) and i consider it just as a bonus, what i am interested in is the Music System part of it.

Once i have the Music System installed , i want to replace the stock speakers with components of my own and install an Amplifier and Subwoofer set up as i am a sucker for music

Also want to install a reverse parking sensor that will work with the music system's display and hookup a reverse camera.

So if you consider the above, am sure you would agree that my ride quality is being affected
SpeedSashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:23   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There was short supply of that system from Vendor to Nissan so we couldn’t provide you the system at the time of delivery, As confirmed by Nissan India we promise you to fix the system on or before 10th Jan 2016. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Nice to hear you finally got their attention.

Don't be enraged - there could genuinely be a supply issue or goof-up. As long as you get your system by the 10th, it should be okay.

Now go out and enjoy your new car .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 16:23   #11
BHPian

Quote:
[i]Dear Mr Sashi,

I Received the above mail from the dealer today. I am enraged by this careless attitude of Nissan where they are buying 24 more days of time after the 30 days they have already taken.

It is good to see that they are standing by what they promised, they deserve a chance. There is no point dragging the issue, instead enjoy the beast and make some good memories along.
Engine_Roars is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 17:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
If by certificate of sale you mean the Invoice, i don't think that this Blaupunkt ICE offer is mentioned. But i have their mails mentioning this offer.
No, not the Invoice. Sale Certificate means that Form, which the dealer has to submit to the R.T.O Authorities along with the other papers for the purposes of getting registration.

This Form contains complete details of the vehicle being sold by the dealer. If it mentions the ICE, then that's a good weapon in your hands, in case you need to take up further actions.

However, I have a feeling that the supplier of this accessory must be facing some genuine constraint in supplying his products to Nissan due to the torrential rains in Chennai. You should wait till the promised date.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 09:28   #13

Yesterday Mr.Anand, Regional manager, Sales of Nissan called me today to assure that they are looking into this issue and will ensure that the system in installed as per the promise from the dealer.

The reason he mentioned for this delay is the increased number of bookings than expected in the month of November and they fell short of 25 numbers of this ICE system.

It seems Blaupunkt pune has promised to deliver the ICE system by 5th of January and hence the promise to me to have it fixed by 10th of January.

Trust they keep up their word this time. Will post updates if there are further improvements in this issue.

Thanks BHPians for your support
SpeedSashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 18:07   #14

Update : - Surprise ! , Nissan Dealer called me up yesterday and asked me to come over to the dealership to get the system installed. I sent the vehicle today and the dealer promptly fitted it .

So finally got what was promised with the vehicle some 40 days later. Still happy to know that Nissan has kept up its promise .

But sadly got to know from the dealer that i have been given it on priority and others are still waiting, but are being given the systems as and when stock arrives
SpeedSashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks