Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 15:29   #1
BHPian

pheonix and ichibaan - ex hyundai and honda respectively

latest news are that pheonix hyundai is closing down its hyundai dealership and taking honda dealership as ichibaan is closing down its honda dealership and going in for a Nissan.

this is known, because ichibaan is closing down its honda's dealership pheonix is interested in taking up honda's dealership as there are not many honda dealers in eastern suburbs.

no wonder pheonix wanted to clear their stock by giving excellent discounts where none were offered by other dealers.

Mansi

Last edited by manaa45 : 16th July 2008 at 15:31.
Old 16th July 2008, 16:32   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ichibaan giving up Honda can only be good news for existing / future Honda owners. No loss to Honda, I say! Is this only for the suburban dealership? How is Phoenix' reputation?

If Ichibaan is giving up a best-selling marque like Honda, it seems that Nissan has a trick or two up its sleeve.
Old 16th July 2008, 17:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ichibaan giving up Honda can only be good news for existing / future Honda owners. No loss to Honda, I say! Is this only for the suburban dealership? How is Phoenix' reputation?

If Ichibaan is giving up a best-selling marque like Honda, it seems that Nissan has a trick or two up its sleeve.
Nissan to have 80 plus dealerships soon.
Old 16th July 2008, 17:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Pheonix is indeed converting to Honda. As dealers for Hyundai, they were pretty average. Their PUC machine was on the blink for over a year. Their wheel alignment and balancing machine seems perpetually on the blink. But as is the norm, if you complain to the top brass, they take it pretty seriously and then ensure that all the niggles are ironed out. Spare part availability is pretty good, and staff is by and large sincere. Mr.Kirtikar from the Service center is one of the senior folks and is a real help incase of bad service from the lower level staff.
Old 16th July 2008, 17:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

as far as ichibaan's reputation was concerned it had gone to dogs, so a honda customer has nothing to loose.

i have heard that it is closing down all its honda operations.

i have recently bought my i10 from pheonix and the sales part was absolutely smooth and good. dont know about the service part though as did not have any chance to visit them for any service.
Old 2nd August 2008, 07:17   #6
BHPian

Icbibaan Honda dealer no longer

just read a public notice in the Times Of India, pg 21, that wef 03 Aug 08, Ichibaan Honda in Mumbai is no longer an Authorised Dealer of Honda Siel India. It says that they have surrendered their dealership.

I can only wonder what caused such a large dealer to give up his dealership??

Any Ideas!!
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

i think they are becoming a nissan dealership.
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:09   #8
BHPian

What about the customer's who bought their cars from Ichibaan Honda?
Old 2nd August 2008, 16:38   #9
BHPian

There is a public notice in the Times of India (Mumbai) dated today 2nd August 2008 by Ichibaan Honda and its director stating renunciation of the Honda dealership.

This move most probably stems from the pressure by Honda India upon Ichibaan Honda to publicly announce cessation as a dealer, good move by Honda.
Old 2nd August 2008, 19:24   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I always had the opinion that Ichibaan Honda were good dealers.

Can someone please tell me what went wrong?
Old 3rd August 2008, 14:51   #11
BHPian

Nikhil,search through our archives for information on Ichibaan's misdeeds. They have an extremely notorious reputation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks