Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:26   #16
aZa
Senior - BHPian

yeah get the OEM fogs they are awesome the aftermarket ones are not upto the mark. For the gear lock u insist on a beige colored one , the one that matches the interiors
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
yeah get the OEM fogs they are awesome the aftermarket ones are not upto the mark. For the gear lock u insist on a beige colored one , the one that matches the interiors
yeah, im going in for OEM fog lamps, expecting cleaner look , just like asta's factory fitted.

Do gear locks come in beige color ? Then, I'm surely going in for those. Thanks for letting me know this.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:15   #18

Hi Inferno, i am pretty sure that this was an attempt by the dealer to pass you an old car. It must have been either a showroom display car or a car which was fabricated for a previous booking. You were right in declining to take this car, even if the fitted accessories were offered to you for free.

I went thro a harrowing experience myself while booking a swift, u can see the experience in my thread. I think its quite common for dealerships to take customers for a ride, all manufacturers are quite alike if u see the cases reported here in TBHP.

By the way, please read the various threads on PDI (pre delivery inspection) and pre-registeration checklists that are available on TBHP. Please do go through these steps to ensure that the car thay you are going to take delivery is systematically checked for your complete satisfaction. It helps immensly to ensure that you have gone through all the main pre delivery checks.

Finally congrats on the new purchase. Enjoy the ride !!
Old 27th July 2009, 20:11   #19
BHPian

Hi guys,

Im back from the dealer right now. Finally today, I got a call from the dealer telling me that my car has arrived and I can take the delivery. I rushed to the dealer as soon as I got the info. I had the inspection list from T-bhp printed with me, so went through the car completely and it was immaculate which is expected from a new vehicle.
In 1 hour, I was told the gear lock cannot be fixed on left side and it would be fitted on left side but I would have to pay extra for that, which made me cancel getting those from the dealer. After regular washing of car, fog lamps came from the store and was to be installed. As it started raining, the fog lamp installation was slowed down alot and I was forced to wait till 6pm. But atleast I was a happy owner of i10 Sportz. And I must say that, fog lamps improve the front half's appeal of the car very much and it sort of completes the car. And I was impressed with the switch quality & integration with the dashboard.

Just when I was about to drive this car out, I noticed someone had banged my NHC from behind, leaving my bumper depressed and some black marks, which made me argue with watchman that he was careless. I even talked with the dealer but they took no responsibility as it could be anyone to hit the car. The new car happiness and my dad's carefree attitude and not being fussy about small scratches and all made me cool down.

The salesman was humble and gave us a token gift, which was a small plant in a pot, even that made me leave the showroom in good mood. I opened the glove box and I put most of the car papers and headed towards the nearest Petrol pump. After driving only 10 kms or so, I feel that the car is not all that torquey but power band is good after 2000rpm and slightly more powerful and responsive that my iDsi NHC.
Upon reaching home, I was going through the manual to set the time on the Music system,after doing that when I opened the glove box to put the manual back in the glove box, the entire glove box came into my hand, and it was all the way down to the floor of the car. I guess it wasnt properly installed back by the guy who was fitting the fog lamps as he dismounted it for wiring. I tried putting it back, although now its in normal position but the lock lever which holds the glove back isn't getting latched and it doesnt gets closed, so I have to go to dealer again tomorrow.

I feel that this entire interaction with hans hyundai was jinxed, firstly I got delayed in delivery, then banged NHC , and now spoilt glove box. Keeping my fingers crossed and hope an enjoyable & safe motoring.

Last edited by inferno : 27th July 2009 at 20:16.
Old 28th July 2009, 16:09   #20
srinivas9446

Hi Inferno,

I too feel that the same about the bumper of my Ivtec with no fog lamps. Is there a way to get it fixed? by the way is it possible to do it on the IVTEC? Pls suggest

Old 28th July 2009, 16:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

My experience with Talwar Hyundai and Laxmi Hyundai in Hyderabad when i bought the Viva CRDi and i10 Kappa was extremely pleasurable and they went out of their way to please me.

In the past 6 years, I never had a problem with dealer nor service experience and that's the reason i remained a loyal Hyundai customer.
Old 28th July 2009, 19:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Hi Inferno,

I too feel that the same about the bumper of my Ivtec with no fog lamps. Is there a way to get it fixed? by the way is it possible to do it on the IVTEC? Pls suggest

I guess you are talking about Honda City iVtec , I think there are loads of options available in market but as somebody said on this thread that OEM fog lamps are very good. And even I believe so, everything fitted by the dealer is simply perfect. Will click pic of the button and the fog lamps tomorrow and show you. I think you can go for OEM ones from HONDA itself, though they would be very expensive but worth it.

@mobike008
maybe, its my bad luck concerned with hyundai as so many things happened right in sequence to make my experience from bad to worse. BTW, it was your thread and experience about your white angel which made me buy i10 sportz.

PS: both of you thanks for replying, was kinda feeling awkward that I got a new car and got not even a single reply after my delivery.

Last edited by inferno : 28th July 2009 at 19:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks