Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 00:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Online sales of the Tata Nano could be in the works

A brilliant but radical car with yet another out of the box marketing push. Not sure if anyone else has attempted to do that. Must say it would be an industry first or shall we say world's first for a car .

That said a car is a very emotional and personal experience to buy. The sheer joy of visiting showrooms to have a look and feel of the car is a big part of the buying experience and this option would rob the buyers this very basis activity. However not worried about the logistics as the deliver would most probably tagged to a dealer whom you can choose.

A little off topic but where is the 2013 Nano? Haven't they launched it over a month back but seems like they are yet to reach the showrooms. It might be a case when the will start selling the 2013 version in 2014 and face yet another dud
Old 31st July 2013, 13:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
A little off topic but where is the 2013 Nano? Haven't they launched it over a month back but seems like they are yet to reach the showrooms. It might be a case when the will start selling the 2013 version in 2014 and face yet another dud
I should be getting my 2013 car midweek next week,bookings are open, but it is true that dealers still don't have any 2013 variant on display yet.
Sawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 13:43   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
A little off topic but where is the 2013 Nano? Haven't they launched it over a month back but seems like they are yet to reach the showrooms.
The 2013 Nano has indeed reached the showrooms, at least at Bangalore. Do you want to take a look? Come over to Prerana Motors, WOC and you can see it there. I did, yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I should be getting my 2013 car midweek next week,bookings are open, but it is true that dealers still don't have any 2013 variant on display yet.
They do, at least at Bangalore Sawyer. I saw one yesterday.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Saw the 2013 Nano at KHT's Indiranagar Branch in Bangalore. TATA seems have increased the Ex-Showroom Prices by 5,000/- for every variant.

They're now providing Alpine music systems.
Roofline reduced by 2.5cms inside.
Seats seemed the same as 2012 versions.
Music system HU looked better integrated to the central console.
Power Window switches are before the gear stick & theres a storage bin for phones / change.
GloveBox seemed of better quality. Takes away abit of space, but utility of having a closed glovebox is good.

They didn't have any brochures or TD vehicles. Those would supposedly arrive by 4th or 5th August.
Also, no offers / schemes for the 'Nano Refresh' (as they call it).
Nothing great to take pictures specifically, its the as same we've seen here on T-bhp's 'Horizonext' thread.

Q to Experts : Can we add the Ritz Tacho to Nano?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 31st July 2013 at 16:31.
Old 31st July 2013, 18:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

They do, at least at Bangalore Sawyer. I saw one yesterday.
Right - I was in Concorde today to do the paperwork, and they had some too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Saw the 2013 Nano at KHT's Indiranagar Branch in Bangalore. TATA seems have increased the Ex-Showroom Prices by 5,000/- for every variant.

They're now providing Alpine music systems.
Roofline reduced by 2.5cms inside.
Seats seemed the same as 2012 versions.[/b]
Alpine? I thought it was the most expensive brand in India, nice to know. But they have missed a trick, it isn't I pod compliant. The only way to use an I pod touch and keep it charged is to use bluetooth and the 12v socket. Pity, I pod compatible USB sockets aren't a big deal these days.
Why do you think the roofline is reduced, if the seats are the same?
Old 31st July 2013, 20:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

And all along I thought that the Reva from Flipkart would be first car to be sold online here!

Actually am unable to figure out whether Tata has any coherent strategy regarding the Nano.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks