Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 14:20   #16
Senior - BHPian

the logan is a pretty good car overall in my opinion.
notwithstanding the taxi image it has, it is a nice comfy car to sit in and be driven about in. With this CNG option it will continue to appeal to the Taxi segment and the cost conscious owners.
Old 19th January 2011, 02:08   #17
BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches the Logan CNG

Nice move by Mahindra; lets see how they serve the CNG buyers who would probably visit their service centers more often than petrol and diesel buyers.

No offence to potential buyers, I have used 2 CNG vehicles in the past and I'm currently using a Santro CNG (Co.fitted). I have first hand exp of maintaining CNG cars, and I can say that they need more care unless they have Jap/korean engines.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
They should really offer the 1.6 option. Will make up for the power loss of CNG and be a more complete car.
I have a 1.6 GLS retrofitted to a lovato open loop with a TAP module ( called power booster by lovato )
The 85 odd horses on the K7M engine do better job of pulling than the 1.4 which is available now.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is still not available in the Verito I guess. But this would be very interesting to take it forward with the Verito. It is surely gaining back some traction in terms of numbers and doing well with diesel segment.

Adding CNG and LPG versions will surely pack some additional punch in key markets like NCR, Mumbai. The Verito avataar has only one petrol heart 1.4 pumping 75hp and the 1.6 is out. Wondering if this would work well with the two other gaseous fuels.

Mahindra Verito | Car Features Specifications | Petrol and Diesel
Old 19th July 2011, 23:17   #20
BHPian

Taxation on the higher c.c. may have led to scrapping the 1.6 , though they did offer it to Meru cabs. I think the 1.6 K7M is very smooth and the vehicle drives very well even on the leaner diet.
Mahindra has been making one mistake after another as far as Logan is concerned. Their superficial treatment is singularly corny IMO.
lOGAN had decent old world utilatarian looks.
On Verito,The trims on the boot look so stupid and downright cheap. A good spoiler and some new chrome nose grill would have looked a lot more decent. What are the rails for ?
A major price drop was in order and also ramping up spares and localization too.
Its a gem of a vehicle which was launched a half a decade late in India to begin with.
They should have launched Verito with CNG variant rather than adding it after its second avtar is whipped again by the likes of Etios /dezire/manza/Indigo CS etc.
Then only customer they would have are tour operators who are already weary of unavailability of spares , horrible resale and Horrendous mahindra service.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 19th July 2011 at 23:19.
Old 19th July 2011, 23:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of the major reason for Logan's spike in sales. I am impressed by the Car's build and ride, but then most good things end there, sadly.
Its very sturdy car with great ride quality . Very pliant but still planted on speed. Its mechanicals are simple and excellent. Build is robust. the short travel clutch , the low set pedals coupled with the great ride , very good space inside is excellent for a tall person with bad back.
The 1.6 k7m engine too is nice and smooth.
And all the good things end there, you are right., unfortunately.
A 3 yr old petrol Logan with less than 10000km on it does not fetch more than 2 lacs easily. S A D
Old 25th July 2011, 15:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
Its very sturdy car with great ride quality . Very pliant but still planted on speed. Its mechanicals are simple and excellent. Build is robust. the short travel clutch , the low set pedals coupled with the great ride , very good space inside is excellent for a tall person with bad back.
The 1.6 k7m engine too is nice and smooth.
And all the good things end there, you are right., unfortunately.
A 3 yr old petrol Logan with less than 10000km on it does not fetch more than 2 lacs easily. S A D

I know 3 people who sold their for 1.4 petrol logans (3-3.5 years old) all 40k kms+ for 2.6-3.1 lacs. People do make those 2 lakh rupee offers but the fact is no one sells for that price unless its an emergency. And these are Delhi prices I am talking about (lowest in the country), in Bangalore they easily go for 3-3.5 lacs.
Old 25th July 2011, 21:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
I know 3 people who sold their for 1.4 petrol logans (3-3.5 years old) all 40k kms+ for 2.6-3.1 lacs. People do make those 2 lakh rupee offers but the fact is no one sells for that price unless its an emergency. And these are Delhi prices I am talking about (lowest in the country), in Bangalore they easily go for 3-3.5 lacs.
lucky guys i would say !
3 and 3.5 lacs for petrol 1.4 logan 3.5 yrs old.
In Mumbai you would be lucky to sell a low run 3 yr old diesel logan for 3 lacs.
And they' easily ' go for that much in bangalore is wonderful really .
Lucky for me then.
Must have been a fool from Autovista valuer/ Hyundai Continental valuer / chevy Nikhil auto valuer who refused to offer me more than 1.6 lacs. The most generous offer was from Fortune Tata of all of 1.75 lacs.
And my vehicle is in wonderful condition inside out .

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 25th July 2011 at 21:58.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
lucky guys i would say !
3 and 3.5 lacs for petrol 1.4 logan 3.5 yrs old.
In Mumbai you would be lucky to sell a low run 3yr old diesel logan for 3 lacs.
And they' easily ' go for that much in bangalore is wonderful really .
Lucky for me then.
Must have been a fool from Autovista valuer/ Hyundai Continental valuer / chevy Nikhil auto valuer who refused to offer me more than 1.6 lacs. The most generous offer was from Fortune Tata of all of 1.75 lacs.
And my vehicle is in wonderful condition inside out .

Relax,there is no need for sarcasm , if you go to dealers with a super slow moving vehicle, what else do you expect, they will offer rock bottom prices!

Just in case the previous examples weren't enough, here is my personal experience:

I bought a 2007/1.4GLE/9k kms no accessories for 2.95 lacs in Delhi during 2008 and run it on CNG, sold it in 2011/ 45k kms to a small time taxi operator for 2.8lacs in not great condition, without CNG, had quite a few scratches and dents, needed new tires, transmission mounting and speed sensor. The other three cars of my aquaintances which fetched better values were run nicely on petrol and well kept.

And yes in Bangalore, one insane city where 2008 Altos sell for 2.5lacs+, people offering 1.6 lacs for a logan are just trying to rip you off. Dealers will anyway value a slow moving vehicle at super low values because it takes them time a while sell it off to the next buyer. You'll get way better values if you sell to a buyer through a newspaper/ online advert.

I constantly shuttle between Delhi - Bangalore & have another petrol logan to sell in Bangalore soon!
ff1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 18:42   #25
BHPian

@ff1609!
I have tried going thru small time dealers , true value shops , thru the route of exchange. Believe me buddy , it doesnt get any better here in mUmbai.
Maybe used car market just died in mumbai.
sites like carwale value a used car as per its depreciation which is way off as per real world values.
The vehicle is in great shape , but spares availability is nonexistent in after market. The mahindra service stations are pathetic , quite inept and always understocked and understaffed.
Not only used car dealers but also spare parts vendors also look at you as if you are the fool who bought the lemon for the price of tangerine.
I rather like the vehicle but the seating is low set and i have a bad back problem. the excellent ride just cant compensate for the unsuitable ergonomy.
The resale situation would get only worse later and spares situation even more terrible.
what a waste really.
Far far lesser cars have done spectacularly in indian market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks