Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 13:21   #1
BHPian

Lambo to make either SUV or sedan

Rumours have been doing the rounds that Lamborghini will expand its product portfolio with a sedan - and we were quite convinced that the four-door would make its debut soon when we saw the Estoque concept at the Paris Motor Show nearly three years ago. Then we heard nothing about the four-door until recently, when the rumours stated that an LM002 descendant was a possibility. This also made sense, since the Cayenne's platform is available and BMW X6-like coupe styling would go down a storm with Lambo fans.

Now, however, we hear that Lamborghini won't make both the sedan and the SUV - either one will make production. We're going to see a new product from Sant'Agata soon, but no one knows which at the moment, not even the management. Both styles will be taken to the prototype stage and the management will make a call on which one will go on sale. The sedan will spawn a front-engine GT coupe and a smaller two-door coupe and convertible - the natural scheme of things - which will certainly be good for sales, but a crossover will be worlds more popular in emerging markets like Russia and India.

Link : Lambo to make either SUV or sedan | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in
Old 29th June 2011, 13:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lambo to make either SUV or sedan

Thats a good decision made my Lamborghini IMO. Instead of setting foot simultaneously in separate segments (Premium Sedan & SUV) and diluting the brand, its better they do it gradually, one at a time.

Having said that, all I can do is just sit and hope that they give the green light for the stunning Estoque Concept. That was the meanest, the sportiest and the most aggressive sedan I have ever seen and I sincerely wish such a stunning design concept does not go down the drain without ever seeing production.
Old 29th June 2011, 14:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lambo to make either SUV or sedan

I don't think this thread is supposed to be in this section. It should be in the "The International Automotive Scene" section.
shamik.bose is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks