Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 22:23   #1

Vanakkam & Namaskaaram from Chennai

What a roller-coaster ride it has been - the last few weeks. Getting an admit for my higher studies, fights with the Mahindra dealer for my XUV, then taking delivery of the “Red Dragon”, driving it all the way to Kerala the very next day and falling ill for a week! But the icing on the cake was the mail that said “Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!” My second attempt at Team-BHP membership and I’ve been granted admission to this coveted forum! I was grinning away to glory despite the high fever and cold!

A bit about myself – I’m Nithin and I hail from the land of lungi – Kerala. I’ve been part of the great Indian IT Industry for the last 9 years and have spent most of that time in Chennai, my current place of residence (so currently being torn apart by the Mullaperiyar issue!). Had my share of fun in the USA and in Delhi-NCR as well.

My passion for cars started in my childhood, thanks to “KITT” of the “Knight Rider” series. The first car I drove was my dad’s Premier Padmini (a far cry from “KIT”, but a nice car nonetheless). I slowly graduated to a Maruti 1000, then a Ford Ikon Zxi (2000) and later to a Honda City (2005). Bought a Santro on my own in 2006 and been in love with it ever since. As family grew (read as wife and a puppy), started feeling the need for a bigger vehicle and the search that lasted for almost 2 years ended in the XUV500 (Ownership report to follow soon).

I’ve been a silent follower of Team-BHP ever since my search for a new car started and I have to say that this forum has renewed my confidence and passion to drive on Indian roads. I hope to contribute positively to the forum.

Will be back soon with the Ownership report of the XUV500. Till then, drive happy and drive safe…

-- Nithin
Old 14th December 2011, 01:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Vanakkam & Namaskaaram from Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
A bit about myself – I’m Nithin and I hail from the land of lungi – Kerala. I’ve been part of the great Indian IT Industry for the last 9 years and have spent most of that time in Chennai, my current place of residence (so currently being torn apart by the Mullaperiyar issue!). Had my share of fun in the USA and in Delhi-NCR as well.

My passion for cars started in my childhood, thanks to “KITT” of the “Knight Rider” series. The first car I drove was my dad’s Premier Padmini (a far cry from “KIT”, but a nice car nonetheless). I slowly graduated to a Maruti 1000, then a Ford Ikon Zxi (2000) and later to a Honda City (2005). Bought a Santro on my own in 2006 and been in love with it ever since. As family grew (read as wife and a puppy), started feeling the need for a bigger vehicle and the search that lasted for almost 2 years ended in the XUV500 (Ownership report to follow soon).

Will be back soon with the Ownership report of the XUV500. Till then, drive happy and drive safe…

-- Nithin
WELCOME Mr. Nithin. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here as many others are. TO every auto enthusiast here, getting the TBHP approval has been a story by itself.Sure mods havent failed to do it with you too! (No mods, dont mistake me, I am just trying to win some support for you guys). Welcome aboard, enjoy the stay and drive safe.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
What a roller-coaster ride it has been - the last few weeks. Getting an admit for my higher studies, fights with the Mahindra dealer for my XUV, then taking delivery of the “Red Dragon”, driving it all the way to Kerala the very next day and falling ill for a week! But the icing on the cake was the mail that said “Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!” My second attempt at Team-BHP membership and I’ve been granted admission to this coveted forum! I was grinning away to glory despite the high fever and cold!

I’ve been a silent follower of Team-BHP ever since my search for a new car started and I have to say that this forum has renewed my confidence and passion to drive on Indian roads. I hope to contribute positively to the forum.

-- Nithin
Alo! Nanbaa! Vaazhga!

congrats on your membership and as well your new car. enjoy your stay here and have a great time. will await the ownership report
Old 15th December 2011, 17:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
WELCOME Mr. Nithin. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here as many others are. TO every auto enthusiast here, getting the TBHP approval has been a story by itself.Sure mods havent failed to do it with you too! (No mods, dont mistake me, I am just trying to win some support for you guys). Welcome aboard, enjoy the stay and drive safe.
AlphaKilo, I totally agree on the membership approval part.
But I guess the multiple attempts makes one value the membership even more! It becomes a real achievement. So no complaints whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Romeo View Post
Alo! Nanbaa! Vaazhga!

congrats on your membership and as well your new car. enjoy your stay here and have a great time. will await the ownership report
Alfa Romeo, the ownership report is in the Assembly Line. Will try to complete as soon as possible. But work is pretty bad these days and hence not getting enough time.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks