Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 22:07   #1
BHPian

Hello from Chennai

Hey, My name is Prasanna and I reside in Chennai now.
I used to live in The UK for past 8 years and relocated to chennai in nov 2008. I have been reading the posts on Team BHP ever since. Very informative , reading about cars in India, tuning scene.

I had two cars in UK.

1. vauxhall vectra 2.2, metallic silver colour ( with a Z22SE engine, chain driven PETROL CAR ! YES! ). I used this car to commute to work every day. A standard 145bhp and I had modified it to give 180bhp. 18" wheels, remus stainless steel straight through centre section, cobra back box, k&n, piper cams, GSI Bumper (original Irmscher, with fog lamps), Original Irmscher spoiler with brake lights, chrome Angel Eyes head lamp with projector lens , a few modifications to name.. it was a head turner and i loved it ! I got some pics if someone wants to see

2. Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo. metallic silver colour ( 20 valve , 5 Cylinder Engine) The turbo comes as a standard on these cars and standard power is 220BHP. I had k&n, powerflow exhaust set up, piper cams and a live remap done on a roller! 270BHP was the out put. It was an awesome feeling to own and drive the car. if you dont experience the Torque Steer and the power when the turbo kicks in and pulls you, you are missing something in life. I am sad and only have the pics as a souvenier now

Now, in chennai being an ardent fan of vauxhall cars (opel) I bought a 1.4GSI corsa with plans of modifying. Now after reading the posts on here, I have decided to buy a 1.6GTX and then get the mods done.

vauxhall(opel) are the highest sold cars in UK, sad to know that they were a failure in India. I have driven vauxhall's(opel) in th Uk, they are so different.

I hope to learn from this forum and aso share my experience and also meet some nice people once my 1.6gtx is ready !

Cheers to all

Prasanna
Old 13th March 2009, 00:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Prasanna! You've had an interesting bunch of cars, I presume you were in Europe/UK before coming back here??
Old 13th March 2009, 01:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

Vdiatech,

Welcome aboard. You're clearly a modifications man! Im sure you're gonna have a good time participating in all the discussions here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
....I presume you were in Europe/UK before coming back here??
Really? What ever gave you that idea ?!?

cya
R
Old 13th March 2009, 01:39   #4
BHPian

Welcome Prasanna, pleasure having you aboard. Do put up pictures of your Vectra & Fiat.

Happy motoring.
Old 13th March 2009, 02:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Vectas w/ 2.2 ECOTEC were sold here briefly. If you are up for the challenge of maintaining it, you can pick up a used Vectra for a pittance. Myself on Ecotec power as well.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:47   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Welcome Prasanna, pleasure having you aboard. Do put up pictures of your Vectra & Fiat.

Happy motoring.
hello mate , uploading pics of vectra and fiat... the vectra when i sold was 8 years old, look at the body and paint work (original), still as good as new and the fiat coupe 20v Turbo was almost 11 years old !

vectra was year 2000 model, a Vectra B Facelift as its called in UK, not the newer one that was launched in India

also, had to blank out the reg on coupe because i did want it cloned
Attached Thumbnails
Hello from Chennai-vectra.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-vectra2.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-vectra4.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-vectra5.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-vectra6.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-p040608_13.36.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-p040608_13.37.jpg  

Hello from Chennai-p040608_13.3801.jpg  

Old 13th March 2009, 10:56   #7
BHPian

Welcome!!

Nice Pics there Prasanna!!!

BTW Welcome aboard!!!

Do check out the Chennai T-BHP Meet Thread for meets and updates happening in Chennai!!

Cheers
Ramesh.
Old 13th March 2009, 11:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
Nice Pics there Prasanna!!!

BTW Welcome aboard!!!

Do check out the Chennai T-BHP Meet Thread for meets and updates happening in Chennai!!

Cheers
Ramesh.
Thanks, will look into it. I was born and brought up in Chennai. After schooling, I moved to Bangalore and have not come back to settle in Chennai after 12 years ! I look forward to making some friends as wel.

Cheers
Old 13th March 2009, 11:54   #9
BANNED

Welcome aboard.
Dumb question - is the Fiat Coupe the same as the Barchetta?
Old 13th March 2009, 15:04   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Welcome aboard.
Dumb question - is the Fiat Coupe the same as the Barchetta?
hi, no they are different. Coupe came in 16v turbo (4 cylinder 185 bhp )and 20v turbo (220 bhp). Very stylish and powerful cars. They had the non-turbo versions as well. All hard tops. I think the Barchetta's looked different and were soft tops (not sure)

fiat coupe's are such cheap cars as well, you would be amazed what price you could get them for in 2nd hand market. For kicks, check the price on UK EBAY!

Cheers
Old 14th March 2009, 19:08   #11
Senior - BHPian

The Fiat coupe is such a beautiful car. Oozing with Italian design flair.
FIAL should have launched this baby as a limited edition instead of that 13 lakh chick car.

Last edited by Mpower : 14th March 2009 at 19:11.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks