Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 23:46   #376
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anoop

Thats a nice update. Good to see the clutch lasting for 60k kms.

Can u please post the break of service cost as well?
Old 5th May 2009, 23:51   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Hi Anoop

Thats a nice update. Good to see the clutch lasting for 60k kms.

Can u please post the break of service cost as well?
Actually there are vernas running around more than 85k kms with the first clutch , and even my clutch would have lasted more maybe another 20k kms , if only the A.S.S guys were willing to open up the unit and reset the clutch assembly, from what i see there is still enough friction material on the clutch left.

yes , i will post the break up soon .
Old 6th May 2009, 00:24   #378
Senior - BHPian

ok prajesh , here is the service bill for you ...

Hyundai Verna CRDI VGT - Updated at 35k-km,40k-km, 55k-km,60k-km, Plus A Minor Crash-bill-medium.jpg
Old 6th May 2009, 14:09   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
The last few thousand kms were low FE kms i was running FE figures as low as 13-16 kmpl effects of having an aging clutch i guess.

So far so good the Verna has been more than a 100 horses to me she never skipped a heart beat in those gruelling 60000 kms. Post the clutch change she is back to giving me my usual FE figures 17-18 kmpl in city with AC and 20-25 kmpl on long drives again with the A/C cranked to 50% cooling.

Those are some very impressive numbers. My best has been (with careful driving et al) 12kpl in city (usually around 10.5-11), and 18 on highway (usually around 16). Are these numbers because you pete'd it ?
What city are you at ? In Bangalore, 13-16 itself is like dream mileage, 17-18 is way beyond imagination) This is a diesel verna we are talking about isn't it ?
Old 6th May 2009, 14:45   #380
BHPian

Hellstar,
Nice talking to you the other day. Got the engine parameters reset on the car, seems quieter now. Tired of tampering with her. Going to just let her be!
Great to hear that your cars back in shape with the clutch change. Can you please enlighten me on the extended warranty scheme hyundai has. I never understood it properly, and whether it would make sense to go in for it.
Are clutch changes a part of warranty? Did you pay for it only because your warranty scheme finished, or do they charge for a clutch change anyway?
Old 6th May 2009, 14:45   #381
BHPian

Hey Hellstar,
Where do you drive. I drive on the ring roads and i get a milage of 15-16 KMPL and 60K kms in how many months of years?

heard you going to chennai. Pras gave me that piece of info.
Old 6th May 2009, 14:57   #382
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
Are clutch changes a part of warranty? Did you pay for it only because your warranty scheme finished, or do they charge for a clutch change anyway?
Clutch belongs to items which come under the 'wear and tear' category, so i dont believe any manufacturer extended warranty would sponsor the clutch replacement. Unless of course, its a genuine case where the clutch fails very early in its life.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:08   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
Those are some very impressive numbers. My best has been (with careful driving et al) 12kpl in city (usually around 10.5-11), and 18 on highway (usually around 16). Are these numbers because you pete'd it ?
What city are you at ? In Bangalore, 13-16 itself is like dream mileage, 17-18 is way beyond imagination) This is a diesel verna we are talking about isn't it ?
I dont this petes has has that much effect on my FE, i have been kindda running this kind of figues since the day i got my car , i belive that the driving style has a dramatic effct on FE , my car return a much lower FE if my dad drives the car he redlines before every gear change, i dont do that .

One question did you drive a petrol car before , you shifted to the verna crdi?

Quote:
Hellstar,
Nice talking to you the other day. Got the engine parameters reset on the car, seems quieter now. Tired of tampering with her. Going to just let her be!
Great to hear that your cars back in shape with the clutch change. Can you please enlighten me on the extended warranty scheme hyundai has. I never understood it properly, and whether it would make sense to go in for it.

The ECU reset can be done yourself , just disconnect the -ive treminal of the battery for 10 mins and reconnet , your ecu is reset. Let the car idle for 10-15 mins to let the ECU learn.

The extended warranty is just that you are paying a nominal amount to extend the warranty coverage that you currently enoy. it makes sense for me because i accumulate a lot of kms on my car. and the CRDI engine parts are costly for eg :- the turbo costs about Rs 65k and its not so difficult to blow a turbo.

The clutch wear and tear is analogous to the wear and tear of the tyre,and is not covered by the warranty. But premature clutch failure is covered failure at mileages below 30k kms is not expected , but i belive that the A.S.S guys will give you a good fight before agreeing to replace but eventually you may win , depends on your negotiation skills.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:08   #384
Senior - BHPian

Hey hellstar ,how much for the cluch change buddie.I had always felt that the clutch was at fault from day one of my ownership.My avg is still 15 kmpl even now.I had taken the ext waranty,Will i get them changed under that?
ram
Old 6th May 2009, 15:18   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyamSCrdi View Post
Hey Hellstar,
Where do you drive. I drive on the ring roads and i get a milage of 15-16 KMPL and 60K kms in how many months of years?

heard you going to chennai. Pras gave me that piece of info.
hi shyam predominantly ring roads and rarely Bangalore CBD thats where is drive mostly and sundays i am mostly around marathalli / whitefield area .

27 Months - 60,000 KMS. My inital 35000 kms was accumulated very fast but then hadto slow down due to various reasons , but getting back on track ..

Have a project in chennai which requires me to spent alternates months in chennai and Bangalore starting Mid May .... i expect to meet up with some of the chennai TBHPians there .
Old 6th May 2009, 15:25   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Hey hellstar ,how much for the cluch change buddie.I had always felt that the clutch was at fault from day one of my ownership.My avg is still 15 kmpl even now.I had taken the ext waranty,Will i get them changed under that?
ram
I have listed the clutch changed costing in post #375 but i am listing here again for your benifit. Also do take a look to get an idea of how the clutch replacement happens. Have posted some pictures taken during the replacement at the Hyundai A.S.S.

Cost of clutch change
Clutch Release bearing - Rs 1150
Clutch Cover Assembly - Rs 2357
Clutch Disc Assembly - Rs 3826
Labour - Rs 970

Total : Rs 9321 /- inclusive of taxes ..

I dont think you will be able to get that replaced under warranty now , as the A.S.S will attribute the clutch failure to wear and tear. You would have probably got warranty replacement if you had tried for this cause within like 10,000 kms of buying the car.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:36   #387
BHPian

Quote:
The ECU reset can be done yourself , just disconnect the -ive treminal of the battery for 10 mins and reconnet , your ecu is reset. Let the car idle for 10-15 mins to let the ECU learn.

The extended warranty is just that you are paying a nominal amount to extend the warranty coverage that you currently enoy. it makes sense for me because i accumulate a lot of kms on my car. and the CRDI engine parts are costly for eg :- the turbo costs about Rs 65k and its not so difficult to blow a turbo.

The clutch wear and tear is analogous to the wear and tear of the tyre,and is not covered by the warranty. But premature clutch failure is covered failure at mileages below 30k kms is not expected , but i belive that the A.S.S guys will give you a good fight before agreeing to replace but eventually you may win , depends on your negotiation skills.
I am neither technically proficient enough, nor gutsy enough to be doing things like that yet to my car. I would rather take my car to the service center and have them check things up for me, so that I can hold them accountable for future reference!
Looking forward to meeting up with you buddy. Perhaps we can get shyam to join us from bangalore as well
Old 6th May 2009, 15:55   #388
BHPian

@hellstar

Sir , how do you drive your car. i mean at what rpm you change your gears.

asking because i have vgt Sx with me with 3.5k kmts and the milage is only 10 in city and 14 on highway.
Old 6th May 2009, 15:58   #389
BHPian

Quote:
I dont this petes has has that much effect on my FE, i have been kindda running this kind of figues since the day i got my car , i belive that the driving style has a dramatic effct on FE , my car return a much lower FE if my dad drives the car he redlines before every gear change, i dont do that .

One question did you drive a petrol car before , you shifted to the verna crdi?
Yes, as a matter of fact I did have an alto - petrol, sold it after 60k kms and 3 years. I have tried so many different styles of driving, I have gotten used to the clutch rest abt 4-5 months ago, I use appropriate gears for appropriate speeds, using clutch minimally. I do race around sometimes, when I can - bangalore doesnt give you much of a chance there, but then those racing starts and overtakes happen once in a while only. apart from that I think I drive pretty ok. My daily drive is from JP Nagar to Dairy circle, and then back to bannerghatta road, to silk board to sarjapur ring road... and then back home (I leave at 5pm to avoid ring road traffic).

I'd love to take a ride with you and see

My alto used to get me 15+ in city rush hour traffic and 24 on highways with AC, 100% of the time, so I wouldnt blame my driving skills
Old 6th May 2009, 16:10   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps we can get shyam to join us from bangalore as well
Indeed do tell me when all this is going to happen

@amit and NOTORIUS - the downshifts in diesal also make a lot of difference when it comes to fuel efficiency. On a petrol vehicle at about 35 kmph the car can be driven in the 5th gear. It is not the case in diesal. The best way to sqeeze out the fuel effeciency is to keep the car's rev at about 2000-2500 rpm not less nor more than that and try not to move the feet too much a slight touch is enough to get the car moving and running

Cheers/Shyam

Last edited by ShyamSCrdi : 6th May 2009 at 16:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks