Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 11:16   #1
BHPian

Swift VDi - 2000kms Review

Guys got my Silky Silver VDi on 21st Sept. I have already done 2000+ kms since then. The car is a breeze to drive and you never feel like leaving it. Took this car on long trips. First, from Jammu to Chandigarh (this stretch had really bad road for ~80kms) and then from Chandigarh to Dharamshala via Kangra, Palampur. In the Dharamshala trip, the car had to be driven in varying driving conditions, and it came out a winner!!!
On the mountains you never feel an incline, the car just rushes ahead of the traffic with ease, no need to change gears often. And no comparison on the straight road.
The only problem I felt was that the suspension is quite hard, so the car just bounces off the road when it hits some big pothole, and the irritating rattling sounds which started coming as soon as the car hit some initial bumps. Got most of them fixed during the first service, but still some have become live again. They come mainly from the boot door, no idea what makes it so loose!!!
Rest I'm loving the car too much, just want to drive it all the time. It's constantly giving me 17-18 kmpl with A/C on almost everytime.
One thing I want to ask other Swift diesel owners... my service light in the instrument panel goes off only after starting the car, initially it used to go before that. But the service guy says this is normal. He checked another car and ditto with that also, but I know it used to go off initially. Any idea about this thing?
Old 12th October 2007, 14:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

DO a search before posting. This issue was present in Jaggu's car(see the longest Swift VDi thread on tbhp for more info) and it was sorted out in 10 minutes by the MASS.
Old 12th October 2007, 15:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Ankush, the light in my VDI goes off before cranking. Please get it checked.
Old 12th October 2007, 16:21   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Yup will get it checked this weekend!!! Have to get rid of some boot door rattles too!!!
Old 12th October 2007, 21:08   #5
BHPian

I am not waiting till it goes off. I usually crank before that. FOr it to go off I need to wait for some more seconds.

Jaggu has confirmed it is normal.
Old 12th October 2007, 21:58   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asethi View Post
Have to get rid of some boot door rattles too!!!
Dont be disappointed if you dont get a long-term fix for that.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:09   #7
BHPian

Rattles gone!!!

Quote:
Dont be disappointed if you dont get a long-term fix for that.
Went to the Maruti guys and sorted out all the problems!!!
The rattles are now gone for the moment... just hoping they don't become alive soon...

Quote:
And one interesting thing happened here... when I called the service engineer to show him the service light problem in my car... i don't know what devine thing happenned... but the car started behaving absolutely perfectly!!! The service light now goes off properly before cranking the engine!!!
Just hope these things happen everytime and I don't need the Maruti service then...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks