Team-BHP - The Dhabhars need ideas for an ALTO paintjob.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The Dhabhars need ideas for an ALTO paintjob. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/105854-dhabhars-need-ideas-alto-paintjob.html)

Lets keep this as a separate thread from the ALTO mods thread.

We currently own a wonderful little Suzuki alto lx which we bought a year ago. It currently has a standard and rather dull silver (from the company) paint with a black bonnet and black wheels.

Yesterday, we had a bit of an incident where the right side was badly scratched as it had an accident when it was parked below our house. The car is due for a paint refresh anyways, and I thought it best to open up the field for suggestions and opinions on what color it should have. I would have personally loved to turn this into a full blown project car, but as this will never be sold and is to be kept forever, mightaswell do it once and do it right. So, no madness of pulling the rear seats out and having a rollcage in it type ideas (as of now :D ) but do put in your comments on what shade etc.

Just a few things to take under consideration.

1. The car is used more by my mother than by me, so currently it has only a FFE and some black wheels and bonnet. Remember, this is a daily driver. So it cant be over the top.

2. As much as I would LOVE body colored bumpers, dad is a strict black plastic bumper advocate, so the bumper and grilles will remain black.

3. I have a choice. Sporty or elegant. More on this...

If I choose a sporty option, the choices are very simple.

1. RED (passion red from the hyundai range is the best color and dupont has fantastic finish. We have used this before and are very happy with it.)

2. RED with black Roof and Bonnet.(or only bonnet)(or only roof) This is getting slightly boring now however, you cant go wrong with this combo.

3. Subaru Blue (From the old Swift color chart or the old Hyundai Getz color chart) It is a lovely bright shade which is quite rare on the roads too.

4. Black. (No complications here. Simple as pie.)

5. Dark Grey. (Or Azure Grey from the Swift. Same as in my Left Hand Drive Fiat..)

Im keeping away from any shade of yellow as it will look like a cab, and im keeping away from the orange and green nonsense just coz i dont like them.

So going towards some more elegant or subtle options

1. Biscuit Brown. The Dhabhars LOVE this color. We have had this on our old 800s and they were really unique and nice to look at. I dont know if the Alto would go with the color though as I have never seen one with this color.

2. Light Blue. The same color you get in the Wagon-R or something. Lovely nice color and very pleasant to look at. also available on the UK suzuki Splash as a turquoise metallic shade. Lovely Lovely color.

3. Silver. This would be the last option as it would be just an overcoat or something. Not the quality we look towards though so presently out of the question.

4. Light Grey or Steel Grey. Again a boring "old man's color". Not something I would want anyways.

5. Smokey Green. A unique shade on the UK spec Swift. Very subtle shade of grey and green. Funny color as it is very unassuming to look at but still quite interesting.

Interiors. As far as possible, the interiors will be Red and Black. Unless of course they dont match with the exteriors at all in which case they will be all black. Also, any exposed body parts on the inside will also be painted black, so will the door frames.

Wheels. Stock Rims. Painted Black (obviously) Unless the car is black or Subaru blue in which case they will be painted a matt Gold, again from the Subaru range.

Custom Touches. As much as I would love to have stripes and stickers and flames on the car, I most certainly think I have outgrown it. Thus, If there is a stripe, there will be an offset racing stripe on the bonnet and nowhere else. This is highly unlikely though as the Bonnet might end up getting a real Carbonfibre wrap which I shall buy from the UK and get back with me.

That just about wraps it up.. Do give your suggestions. Remember, Bumpers stay black.

Adding a couple of pictures of the car as it is now (before the accident thingie happened)

I think a nice chocolate brown - like what the X1 and the VW Touraeg come in would be a nice color. Another color I like is a matte black, but I don't know if it would suit an alto!

How about the BAKERS CHOCOLATE or RACING GREEN colour which comes on Ritz.

Edit: Pics uploaded for reference.

How about this? Had done this for a friend some months ago.

Whatever you do, paint the roof black, and leave the bonnet as it is. :D .

Again, IMO, any color with some grey in it, and nice racing stripes will do the job. As the bumpers are going to be black.

Yellow body
black roof
black bumpers and ORVM
black alloys
red caliper& drums
full black seat covers
gotbhp sticker

:-)

Just one question, if we get the car painted in 2 different colors such as black on bonnet, roof and trunk and rest everthing in original color such as grey then what is the color mentioned on RC book? I believe any change in color needs to be registered in RC book as well as with the Insurance Company

I would suggest even painting the bumpers in body color.

But since you are keeping the bumpers unpainted I think a grey color would be the best bet.

May be something like this:

With Black roof in matte finish
Interiors can be a mix of silver,grey and black in art leather.

Smoked lamps and May be a silver lip on the rims to complete the look.

Change to mesh type black grill. Not only this will match with any colour but will give a sporty look too. regarding body colour bumpers, in my opinion, any colour other than red or its derivatives, would look good.