Team-BHP - K&N filter and a dented Optra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   K&N filter and a dented Optra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/1816-k-n-filter-dented-optra.html)

Hey guys.
Today I’ve put K&N filter in my ’84 800. The cost of a filter is 3490/-. They didn’t have a size for ISZ 1800 but they’re going to order on Monday. Apart from Maruti 800, one of my very close friend was there with his 1999 Esteem with header and head job done six month ago. He has put in a filter also. The cost is 5000/-.
Now, the report. 800 is breathing much better. I can’t tell the real difference cause my life partner drives it. According to her, the power is seamless. Though I think, it can be even better if we tune the engine. The engine is re-bored and has done 3500km with loads of compression.
Esteem, with all it’s gizmos feeling much better. The power band or surge, what we used to get around 3500rpm is coming within 2500rpm. I subscribe a tuning for Esteem also.
On the whole it’s an eventful day. Why I’m putting this?
Because by the evening in the midst of torrential rain I was parking my Optra and there was loud thud. An eight inches broken metal pole was sticking out from the concrete like a you-know-what rammed my bumper. Trust me guys, I didn’t see that. In fact, nobody will see that unless it hits the car.
So late in the cheerful Saturday evening, I’m back home with a badly dented bumper. Monday I’ll get to know about the damage I need to pay. So much so for a weekend.
Should I say cheers? * *

K&N Filter for an 800 Where did u get it from ? I was told they dont have for M800.

Kakx

Rudra - sorry to hear about the dent - suggest you read the following link about my episode : My Webpage

BTW, there is a guy behind Woodlands hotel who does work on repairing bumpers - don't know how good he is but worth checking out before screwing up your no claims bonus

Hey Rudra,

Well about a year back my car also fell victim to one of those steel phalluses. Thanks to my dear driver.
Well i'd say you are not so bad off in comparison because my cars radiator cracked, amongst other things.
Actually once at my fathers office building compound, which is on a slope, there was a water tanker that rolled backwards into four steel I-beams comming about 4feet out of the ground and it totally bent them over to the ground!! (hope that makes u feel better! lol)
Congrats on your K&Ns !

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (kakx @ May 29 2004,23:36)]K&N Filter for an 800 Where did u get it from ? I was told they dont have for M800.

Kakx

K&N Filter for 800 is available. Shop name is OZZ ONE in Bangalore. Cost as I mentioned, 3490/-.
Let me know if you need any help.
You can mail them: ozzoneenterprises@rediffmail.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ May 30 2004,04:46)]BTW, there is a guy behind Woodlands hotel who does work on repairing bumpers - don't know how good he is but worth checking out before screwing up your no claims bonus

Ajmat, I dont want to get it done from any where outside Sundaram Motors. For the very simple reason that it won't be a clean job.
Also I'm not planning to claim insurance. It'll hit me hard I know.
I think I have to change the entire bumper cause there's a crack and it's a single unit. I hate to see any patch job on my car.
Are you back in town?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ May 30 2004,09:31)]Ajmat, I dont want to get it done from any where outside Sundaram Motors. For the very simple reason that it won't be a clean job.
Also I'm not planning to claim insurance. It'll hit me hard I know.
I think I have to change the entire bumper cause there's a crack and it's a single unit. I hate to see any patch job on my car.
Are you back in town?

I agree - just giving you an option. Since it is cracked, you got no alternative. Am in Singapore

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rehaan @ May 30 2004,07:51)]Hey Rudra,
(hope that makes u feel better! lol)

Hey Rehan.
Thanks ton for the reply.
I don't know if I'll feel better once I get to know the cost of the bumper. I agree with Ajmat. I have no choice but to go for a new one. Those Damn H*** *ns on the road

Hey Rudra,

OMG, I guess this happened after u dropped me off, right?
I'm sorry to hear that. Hope the car comes back to shape soon.

Damn those roads!

Hey Rudra!

Sorry to hear about the Optra pal. Nothing ruins a weekend (or week) more than a scratch/dent on my cars.

But focus now on getting it set right. Colour matching, bumper finish and all. Call me if you need any help between options.

Take it easy

GTO

Hey buddy.
I'm taking it easy. I may start jumping tomorrow once I get to know the cost from Sundaram Motors.
I spoke to the service engineer today. He was kind enough to tell me that it would cost me 9500/- plus. The plus bit he was not very clear.
But going by his description, it should take at least three days.
Anyway, I'm not thinking about it now. Will hit a Glenlivet bottle. Three drinks. Two for me and one in your name for your moral support.
Thaks bud and cheers:D

suggest you get an alternative quote from Garuda

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (ajmat @ May 30 2004,21:12)]suggest you get an alternative quote from Garuda

Ajmat, you're so much right. I'm planning to do that tomorrow.
However, Sundaram guy didn't tell me that this is the charge for sure. He said he has to check the part cost from GM parts manual and work out a quote. I don't really find them dishonest going by my past experience. Labour charge may differ from Garuda, I agree.
Thaks a lot.

Oh! thats sad... But dont worry.. u r Optra will be ok soon.. the doctors at the GM Clinic will cure it soon:)