Team-BHP - Is it possible to fit an all new seat in a car?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Is it possible to fit an all new seat in a car? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30142-possible-fit-all-new-seat-car.html)

I want to have a seat with lumbar adjustments for my co driver. The car i own is an optra magnum. Will it be possible to do ? Sadly the magnum has such seat only for the driver.

Its possible, ask the dealership to do it for you.

My Optra came with both lumbars but that was before the Magnum.

its possible...lol! if i could get accord seats into a scorpio anything is ...

Hi Arunk,

Cheapest and simplest solution would be for you to go to a good seat upholstery fellow and tell him to restuff/stitch some lumbar support(orthopeadic foam) into your existing seat and then make a new seat cover as the existing one may not fit.

IMO should cost you inside 1k total all inclusive far cheaper than what a new seat would cost you.

Optionally you can change to imitation Recaro's/Sparcos at 12k a set

Viper

I asked the dealer and he says it is possible will cost me upward of 10 k. What are Recaros and sparkos?

Recaros and Sparcos are the racing pedigree gear these are the co's who are the best in seating, streetings , body wear etc

What a question! To start with with every car comes with an "all new seat". Now if they can fit a new seat in a new car they can also fit in a new seat in an old car, Lol. Does that really begets a question?

Although if you ask whether you should get a new seat or do some surgery in your existing seat it starts making sense. I would say try adding some support first. You will need to go to a good seat maker though. It needs to be done right. Else the result will be more uncomfortable than anything else. This will be the cheapest solution.

If you are not satisfied you can always go for a new seat but that will cost some money. If that is the route you finally decide to take check out all the car seats. Find out the brand for the seats that you like the best. Get an aftermarket replacement of that brand and get it fitted.

So its your choice finally as to how you want to go ahead with it.

thanks a lot guys...made my thought easier. The reason iwant a new seat is that the co driver seat lacks lumbar support and we travel almost three hours a day, so it makes sense to have good seats. The dealer told me it would cost me 13 k to have a new seat with adjustable supports, similar to the driver seat in my magnum. But, I think i will try with adding some support first and if it doesnt work i will go for a new one.

BTW can any one tell me where to get the recaros or sparcos seats.I live at kochi

HI,

Dont know about Kochi but you can get them at Banglore, Chennai for sure. Should cost approx 12-15k a set.

Viper

If you are not the one doing the driving, why don't you interchange the seats? The only problem would be that the controls would be on the right (wrong) side!
Edit: Just saw the bit about wanting it for your co-driver. Sorry!

Unfortunately i am the one who is driving! today i may go out and see what the shops in kochi can do. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks.

Nice thread! Thanks Arunk.

In the Ikon, the co-driver seat is the worst I've sat in. ZERO Lumbar support! The driver's seat ain't that good either! I would love to fit Fiesta's both front seats (left+right) provided they have good lumbar support, being soft like Optra's and are comfortable for long distance drives.

At the moment, in the Ikon, since I'm slim, i tend to lean to the left of the seat's wall and drive.. Makes it painful!

Any solution available for this?

Thanks
cya
A

This is what i am at now, sparcos or any sport seat wont be a good option to solve this prob because these seats are very hard and doesnt allow much movements sideways(told to me by some one) i have bought a g sport lumbar support and have started using it, it is fine till now, i will post a 1 week report soon.

Even I wanted to change seats of my Fusion. As you mentioned, if possible I would like to get the seat replaced with a better one rather than trying to modify it. I dont think it is possible for me to try each and every seat to decide on which one to buy. From my experience so far I found seats of Optra, safari comfortable, would like you hear from u guys.. how abt CRV seats.. they look really good (though never sat on one). Also if I have to buy one of these how do I go about getting it? from the dealer ? or is it possible to get it outside (accident cars etc..) any pointers in that regard will be helpful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 597807)
What a question! To start with with every car comes with an "all new seat". Now if they can fit a new seat in a new car they can also fit in a new seat in an old car, Lol. Does that really begets a question?

Although if you ask whether you should get a new seat or do some surgery in your existing seat it starts making sense. I would say try adding some support first. You will need to go to a good seat maker though. It needs to be done right. Else the result will be more uncomfortable than anything else. This will be the cheapest solution.

If you are not satisfied you can always go for a new seat but that will cost some money. If that is the route you finally decide to take check out all the car seats. Find out the brand for the seats that you like the best. Get an aftermarket replacement of that brand and get it fitted.

So its your choice finally as to how you want to go ahead with it.