Team-BHP - Advice needed : Swapping a Swift Engine
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Advice needed : Swapping a Swift Engine (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/30973-advice-needed-swapping-swift-engine.html)

Hey,

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever swapped a swift petrol engine with a diesel turbo-powered inline or a V6. Can this be done ? and how?
We do get engines in India which are imported in bulk/scrap from japan and once i was looking for a TD engine for my friend's Astra in delhi and i came across a V6 lying with a dealer, who told that it was a diesel engine and that too for a car.

i seriously doubt a v6 fitting the engine bay, and how bad the brakes would feel with a massive engine up front.
if you want a turbo diesel why not go for the swift vdi?? and pete it

i dont think a v6 would fit in.. you could try for a baleno engine.

Dont even attempt shoe-horning a V6 into that puny engine bay; I assume that you are talking about a Swift Petrol. In that case, just mod it up and you will be happy. The hatch has good balance and any such mod will only upset it.

have you seen that famous race scene in StarWars Ep.I Phantom Menace?

all those wierd powerful looking engines hanging out of nowhere?

your idea reminded me of that.
no hurt meant. just a flash in my head.

but on a serious note,... no V6 will be happy inside a Swift's engine bay.

Look at the previous gen 1.5L twin-cam engine that was sold by Suzuki abroad. There is such a car - a Zen (old shape) in Bangalore and it moves like stink - it cannot be kept up with.

Alternatively even the current 1.6L VVT from the Swift Sport can be looked at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 618480)
Look at the previous gen 1.5L twin-cam engine that was sold by Suzuki abroad. There is such a car - a Zen (old shape) in Bangalore and it moves like stink - it cannot be kept up with.

There are like 10 or something. Which one are you referring to?

Can you describe all 10 for us, would give us a better idea about the mod scene in bangalore.

manson.

are you guys talking about the cultus engine 1.5 twin cam?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 619151)

Its a golden/beige colored one.

That is Mr. Thampi's zen,ain't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 619151)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 619547)
Can you describe all 10 for us, would give us a better idea about the mod scene in bangalore.
manson.

Only 10? I thought there'd be 15 at least :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 619855)
That is Mr. Thampi's zen,ain't it?

his is a 1300 on a modded baleno block.is there a 1500 twin cam curious just checked the cultus is a sohc 15xx cc.

I wouldn't recommend doing this swap,since the space in the hood is very small,its very doubtful if a v6 let alone a different engine would fit in. Why not try to source the 1.6 engine from the Swift Sport sold in EU or a diesel variant of the EU Swift if its different from the engine sold here,and plonk it in your Swift? Would be better! But would exceed your budget.

cya
A

Forget anyone who hasn't swapped or handled swaps before...I second GTO stay the same..upgrade your ecm and do the regular bits and don't push your luck..V6? what part of the engine will you sit on?