Team-BHP - Installed the Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca 3.5
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Installed the Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca 3.5 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/48529-installed-blaupunkt-travelpilot-lucca-3-5-a.html)

Hi guys, today i have installed the new Blaupunkt TravelPilot Lucca 3.5 in my car, and i must say that it awesome. Though i would have loved to get my hands on TravelPilot 300 which has additional features like bluetooth and video playback, it wont be available in the market for the next few weeks. Lucca too is a very god buy with terrific accuracy of pre-loaded maps of 174 Indian cities. It has voice navigation and an option for audio plaback.It is easy to use, compact and has good audio quality. It can also be connected to your car speakers.

For all you guys willing to invest a little over 20 grand, this is one gadget which will keep all you roadies on track. I rate it a 5/5.

This may seem like a strange question but did you install it with Infinity speakers?

I have not changed my original sony xplode speakers. I just required to add an auxiliary jack to connect the TravelPilot to my Pioneer stereo.

Then I apologise from my rather weird question. We recently had a situation with a gentleman with a TravelPilot and some Infinity speakers. I was wondering if you were that Gentleman. Glad you are happy with your setup.

Cheers.

I had seen this devices in a demo at Forum mall.The device looks pretty good and they are loaded with mapmyindia maps. But the catch here is: You cant pick a map upgrade directly from mapmyIndia (Which I think will be the same for many OEMs). You will have to wait for the upgrades from Blaupunkt . This may lead to a lot of turn around time to get the updates for your device.

Map my India released a new 4.3" device with 202 cities detailed maps. Is there anyone using it?

So what do you do when you give your car for valet parking. I hate giving my car for valet and do it only if there is no other option, and I make sure I take the system head unit out. People love to play with music systems and hear what the maximum volume sounds like.;(

@devil_in_flesh

can you post pics please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav2000 (Post 1041614)
So what do you do when you give your car for valet parking. I hate giving my car for valet and do it only if there is no other option, and I make sure I take the system head unit out. People love to play with music systems and hear what the maximum volume sounds like.;(

I had the unit installed just yesterday so haven't really given a thought about valet parking.I too usually avoid giving my car to valet but when faced with no option i guess I'll have to remove the system head unit and take it along as it is quiet compact. Even the base unit is suction based so can be easily detached. It can be fixed onto any glass surface.

As far as the pics are concerned I'll have them uploaded soon.

Reviving this thread.

devil, how's the lucca doing ? How do you manage the map upgrades ?

I ordered for the MapMyIndia Road Pilot for Rs 7990/- and I was shipped the Blaupunkt Lucca Travel Pilot 3.5 (which is retailing for Rs 13,990/- in MMI) because the Road Pilot was out of stock. Free upgrade!

So far, it's been good, but the real test will be outside the NCR.

Note: I haven't tried playing music on it yet. The Pioneer HU, Blaupunkt Amp, JBL speakers are good enough for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by architect (Post 1865073)
I ordered for the MapMyIndia Road Pilot for Rs 7990/- and I was shipped the Blaupunkt Lucca Travel Pilot 3.5 (which is retailing for Rs 13,990/- in MMI) because the Road Pilot was out of stock. Free upgrade!

So far, it's been good, but the real test will be outside the NCR.

Note: I haven't tried playing music on it yet. The Pioneer HU, Blaupunkt Amp, JBL speakers are good enough for me.

I am quite confused between garmin nuvi and Blaupunkt lucca. How is the speed and search features in Lucca? And also the touch response? I know Garmin is pretty reliable. Not heard much of Lucca though.
Thanks in advance.