Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 23:56   #1
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Spotted these P180s belonging to the Delhi Traffic Police cavalcade, modded with Goldwing like contraptions in their Nehru Place Transport office. Looks justified the efforts of the police to make their toys look similar to their Western counterparts.

Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style-1.jpg

Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style-2.jpg

Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style-3.jpg

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 23rd March 2014 at 23:58.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 00:21   #2
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 186
Thanked: 156 Times
Default re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Spotted these P180s belonging to the Delhi Traffic Police cavalcade, modded with Goldwing like contraptions in their Nehru Place Transport office. Looks justified the efforts of the police to make their toys look similar to their Western counterparts.
These sure look different. I wont say these look smart. But be that as it may, I am hoping they put these to use for the common man as against using these to escort politicians.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 00:52   #3
BHPian
 
Octane_Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 626
Thanked: 400 Times
Default re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

LOL, looking at the picture I just realised how dumb our officials who pass such jobs really are. I mean do they have any thought process behind allowing such things or is it just random?
Besides looking utterly stupid what other purpose does it serve?
Waste of money IMHO..

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 24th March 2014 at 00:57.
Octane_Power is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 01:09   #4
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Default re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
LOL, looking at the picture I just realised how dumb our officials who pass such jobs really are. I mean do they have any thought process behind allowing such things or is it just random?
Besides looking utterly stupid what other purpose does it serve?
Waste of money IMHO..

-Bhargav
Not for any want of reason, India is known as the land of 'jugaad'
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2014, 12:03   #5
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

These are actually the bikes traffic cops use to patrol the streets at night, designed with that specific purpose in mind. The array of lights on them actually look quite cool when you see them after sundown on the main roads. Seen them on the Nehru Place road, MG Road, GK 1/ GK 2 and well as NH-8. There was an article in the papers when they launched these bikes.
anantnehru is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 12:42   #6
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
These are actually the bikes traffic cops use to patrol the streets at night, designed with that specific purpose in mind. The array of lights on them actually look quite cool when you see them after sundown on the main roads. Seen them on the Nehru Place road, MG Road, GK 1/ GK 2 and well as NH-8. There was an article in the papers when they launched these bikes.
Yeah, no doubt this western modification in ''desi" style looks quite cool in real life. Haven't spotted them in cruising mode as of now. Also waiting for the first view of the 200 strong CBR250 fleet of the Delhi Police.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 13:49   #7
BHPian
 
anantnehru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 446
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJD@NewDelhi View Post
Yeah, no doubt this western modification in ''desi" style looks quite cool in real life. Haven't spotted them in cruising mode as of now. Also waiting for the first view of the 200 strong CBR250 fleet of the Delhi Police.
Yup, and one thing for sure - those lights really do make sure you can't miss them. First time I saw them, they were on the opposite side of road near Savitri, in peak rush hour traffic.

Am pretty impressed to be honest, a step in the right direction; plus it makes it safer for the cops on the bikes, given how Delhi roads are at night.
anantnehru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2014, 19:23   #8
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Here is another pic of a TVS Apache modded by the Tamil Nadu police in cruiser style

Name:  police apache.jpg
Views: 3076
Size:  23.2 KB
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2017, 10:33   #9
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

Recent acquisition/ update of the Telengana State Police:

Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style-fb_img_1486184403400.jpg

Reference:

https://www.zigwheels.com/newbikes/FAB-Regal-Raptor

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 4th February 2017 at 10:41.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2017, 16:38   #10
BHPian
 
SJD@NewDelhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 167
Thanked: 203 Times
Default Re: Delhi Traffic Police Pulsars modded in Goldwing style

The Police department of Kolkata has recently added five customised Harley Davidson Street 750 motorcycles to its arsenal. The motorcycles will be used for the most special reasons and escorting VIPs will be one of them.

Name:  KolkataPoliceGetHarleyDavidsonMotorcyclesWeb700x400.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  49.7 KB

Courtesy:

http://oncars.in/bike-news/kolkata-p...s-fleet-27679/

https://news.throttle.club/kolkata-p...n-motorcycles/

Last edited by SJD@NewDelhi : 15th April 2017 at 16:41.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai Traffic Police launches App : Real time traffic updates coolabhi Street Experiences 11 29th September 2012 00:25
Bangalore Traffic Police post accident videos on FB -Hope people follow traffic rules Wanderer78 Street Experiences 3 25th November 2011 11:21
Bangalore Traffic police updates traffic at 40 odd junctions of city on its web site. balechaparka The Indian Car Scene 30 19th August 2011 12:21
Will all Pulsars be 4 valve soon? Proxima Motorbikes 8 21st March 2010 20:14
Honda Goldwing Spotted Sonicmax Super-Cars & Imports in India 38 29th January 2009 18:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks