Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 14:57   #46
BHPian

Just talked to the Bullet dealer in Tilak Nagar, they are willing to knock off 3k for stock tyres and rim. I guess i will go for 18 inch in the rear. But since the tubeless are not available, TVS Jumbo seems to be the best option. Anyhow, going to Karol bagh to check what is available, will get the bike today itslef.

Please post in this thread if you have any advice, I might not respond, but will read it.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

TVS Jumbo is very good...25k and still going strong!
Old 21st July 2009, 23:22   #48
BHPian

well, I dunno what I did. Had my eyes on electra 4S for past few weeks. Went to Karol bagh to checkout Tyres/Alloys Etc, was quoted Rs.1150 for a 18'' Dunlop Monster, however was there in a car and parking space was hard to find. Parked infront for a shop selling second hand bikes, he asked where I wanted to go, to ensure that he doesn't ask me to move my car, I said I wanted to look at some bikes. Asked about the Electra 4S if any available, however he only had Standard and 5S, he sent me with his Chhotu to another shop which had a 4S, was quoted 56k for a 2009 model.

Suddenly my eyes settled on a Chrome beast parked there, and I started drooling Forget the CI engine, forget the old style gear shift. This is what i ended up with.
Attached Thumbnails
MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4049-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4050-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4051-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4052-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4053-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4054-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4055-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4056-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4057-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4058-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4059-large.jpg  

MRF Meteor 110/90 for Bullet-img_4060-large.jpg  

Last edited by Shashank.A : 21st July 2009 at 23:32.
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good one mate, let me ask you are you not a resident or Delhi. cause i dont think that KB is the best place to buy a bike from. they are chors up there. and would you mind if i ask for details like model, and price.
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Thats a good one mate, let me ask you are you not a resident or Delhi. cause i dont think that KB is the best place to buy a bike from. they are chors up there. and would you mind if i ask for details like model, and price.
Lol... that is what I tel everyone, its all chors up there and never buy anything from there. However this one is Feb 2009 Model, so its still under company warranty. The Battery and Meter needs to be replaced, which was promtly told to me by the dealer (They are under warranty). The factor that majorly influenced my decision was :.

1. Availability of all Service bills, including details of what has been changed.
2. Complete Service booklet.
3. Impeccable condition, except for one scratch on the side box. (Clearly visible in one of the pictures I posted above).
4. Its only 5 months old, still under warranty, if anything goes wrong, I have 7 month warranty left.

It has done 7300km and gone through three services. I paid Rs.76,500 + Rs.500 transfer charges. A brand new one comes out for Rs.96,300 (Delhi).

PS : It already has a Short bottle Silencer fitted to it, has a wonderful sound. The original silencer was also promptly handed over to me.
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:30   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Shashank, FOr sure this bike is a looker and even i fell for it 5 years back...

I remember of picking it for 80k i guess...

Have fun!
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:34   #52
Team-BHP Support

Shashank.A: congrats. To quote an oft repeated one.
The machine chooses you.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:56   #53
BHPian

Many people who are using meteor they have same views, it is good for off-roading but otherwise handles worst. So i was about to go for it but then after speaking to many in Bulls community i decided to stay away from it.

as far as 18" is concerned, i feel the only disadvantage is, it lowers the GC. otherwise you get plenty of option in tyre range so you can go for better rubber for your bull.

after much of analysis, i am planning to go fro MRF Moto D 4.25/R18 lets see how it works,

However the best tyre so far i have seen is Ceat Secura Sport (i have used it on my Electra), i am looking for one in front, if anybody can help me get it in pune, please let me know. Tyre is not readuily available in pune.

Last edited by throttleking : 22nd July 2009 at 15:57.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:29   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Congrats Shashank, FOr sure this bike is a looker and even i fell for it 5 years back...

I remember of picking it for 80k i guess...

Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Shashank.A: congrats. To quote an oft repeated one.
The machine chooses you.
Thanks Bhai Log.

Coming back to Tyre, I went to checked with a shop in Karol Bagh, he offered me a 19" Tubeless, I said Wah !! Its the IRC tyres, he said its low profile as well, (90) and hence would reduce the height by around 1 inch. When asked whether it was hard or soft compound, he said it was medium. Quote Rs.1650 for he same. There was another brand available called "King's", which I am not sure about.

Secondly, I seriously need to height factor of the bike, even though I have been handling stock Bullets pretty well, but still I feel that in crunch situations, lower height would be very usefull for a short and fat person like me.

How about going below 18, is it recommended ?
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Thanks Bhai Log.

Coming back to Tyre, I went to checked with a shop in Karol Bagh, he offered me a 19" Tubeless, I said Wah !! Its the IRC tyres, he said its low profile as well, (90) and hence would reduce the height by around 1 inch. When asked whether it was hard or soft compound, he said it was medium. Quote Rs.1650 for he same. There was another brand available called "King's", which I am not sure about.

Secondly, I seriously need to height factor of the bike, even though I have been handling stock Bullets pretty well, but still I feel that in crunch situations, lower height would be very usefull for a short and fat person like me.

See if you are gettiing a 19 inch Tubeless go for it, but make sure it is no more than 110, and the 90 profile is all fine the GC would not go down. any thing more than 110 will make sure that you swear at top of your voice when the bike goes through a flat, cause the tyre will touch the swing arm and it would be real hard to even puch it for half a KM. i have seen this with a 120 SIZE monstor
Old 3rd August 2009, 13:51   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Stay Away from Meteor, after riding it for 1+ years following are my fbk:
Normal Driving Condition (City driving)(point 1 to 5 (being highest):
Handling - 3
Corner Handling - 3
Grip - 3
Dry sand (this is imp in city roads) - 2

Raint Days:
Handling - 2
Corner Handling - 2
Grip - 1

Off Road:
Self cleaning in mud and terrain - 4
Grip - 4
Handling and stability - 4

This is not a city ride and when it rains, my heart always pumps faster and I ride my bull at 20 as I know she is not capable of stopping and sliding happens even ebfore you realize.
So, decide what you want and invest wisely.
I quite agree with you Mad - I opted for the MRF Meteor for the rear and it's the worst tyre I've ever had on the bike. It's usable in the dry, but the moment there's, sand, gravel or the slightest bit of moisture on the road, the rear starts sliding around under acceleration. I'd say it's almost a dangerous tyre. Luckily I have the excellent IRC in front which has been doing quite well with grip in the rain. Now I'm considering putting the 100/90-19 IRC on the rear and going with a normal ribbed tyre or a 90/90 - 19 IRC in front.

Quote:
Thanks Bhai Log.
As far as I know the IRCs available here are of the tubed variety. Pls check this with your Karol bagh guy. Don't get the kings - its a cheap chinese made tyre and the compound feels pretty plasticky. A friend who has it says it's grip is as poor as the Meteor. Going with 17' or 18' rim on the rear and a 19' rim on the front will make the bike look odd. You'd have to put a smaller tyre in front too, but then your speedo won't be accurate. If you want the height of the bike to be lower consider 1) getting a thinner seat - the foam height can be reduced by an inch or more on most seats 2) cutting and lowering the the attachment brackets under the seat so that the seat sits lower. Most Enfields have a big gap between the bottom of the seat and the frame and this can be reduced by approx 2 inches.

Last edited by 500modder : 3rd August 2009 at 13:52.
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:42   #57
BHPian

well, on closer look that IRC tyre was a Tube type, which they are selling to gullible customers as tubeless. "Kucch farak nahi hota ji"..

And 500 modder, after downsizing the tyres to 18" or 17", is there any solution for the meter problem ?
Old 3rd August 2009, 20:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

I am sure the meter is already not reading the true values so dont care about it. and you can always go for a SIGMA
Old 10th August 2009, 11:37   #59
BHPian

Quote:
well, on closer look that IRC tyre was a Tube type, which they are selling to gullible customers as tubeless. "Kucch farak nahi hota ji"..

And 500 modder, after downsizing the tyres to 18" or 17", is there any solution for the meter problem ?
Hi Shashank,

I think a speedometer and especially the odometer are essential equipment. Without the odo you'll never know how far you've gone or what average your bike is giving. The Enfield meters may not be very accurate but at least they're in the ballpark. If you cut your tyre size down your speedo and odo will read completely wrong. there are two solutions for this that I can think of:
1) Retain the original speedo and use a calculation to convert the figures you read into the actual figures. You'll basically have to multiply your figures by a ratio of standard tyre circumference/new tyre circumference.
2) Get a digital meter that you can calibrate. The Indian ones I've seen look kinda ugly.

Here are a couple of links to digital speedos that I have come across. You'll have to check if these can be calibrated for a wheel of your circumference.

Indian meter, costs around Rs5000:
http://www.phitesla.com/products.php

Foreign Motogadget Chronoclassic, looks great but costs big bucks:
* * * * | **| || motogadget * * * *

IMO you should stay with the 19 inch tyres. Hope this helps.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:53   #60
BHPian

Need to replace the rare tyre of my bullet (Electra)

Off the topic question: I need to replace the rare tyre of my bullet (Electra). Any advice on which one is the best – MRF, Ceat or any other brand? Also want to know the latest pricing.

Can I fit thicker tyre then a 3:50 without any modifications in the bike?

Thanks in advance...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks