Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Apache RTR - Rims for RX100

Hi All

Iam new to Team BHP ... its a great site with loads of info..kinda the one i was looking for.

First of all let me congratulate you all for making this site one the best for cars and bikes Kudos to all ..

Now to the query

Would like to know if we can fix a apache RTR alloys those black ones to Rx100 if so what would be the cost or has anyone tried that out

Please let me know your suggestions
Old 6th March 2008, 15:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tazzy,

Welcome to TBhp.

Putting alloys from one to another is not an easy job most of the times. Sometimes its a direct & & for most its not.

The things that should be check or kept in mind are:

- The front I belive is 17 & rear is 18 in Apache. The RX has both 18 inches

- For front, the gap between shocks, mounting of cailpers for disk brakes might be difficult, you may wanna check Discover/Platina/ XCD alloys since they have drum brakes

- For rear the hub'' width & the the central rod which mounts the hub should be similar.

So you would need to find all these details & then find someone who would be able to do this job for you.
Old 6th March 2008, 15:27   #3
BHPian

Hey thanx for the info Technocrat .. will check those alloys
Old 8th March 2008, 10:56   #4
BHPian

Ok since this thread is involving retrofit of alloys i would like to ask another question....
Is it Possible to fit the whole front assembly of another bike to a rx100 complete with disk brake and alloy?Front assembly as in the shocks upto the handlebar.If it was possible i was thinking about discover 135 front assy. /w alloys+disk brakes and rear alloys for the rx100.What would the approx cost of such an install be.Gurus plz comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks