Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 23:31   #1
BHPian

Require to re ignite my YBX passion.

My YBX (2002 model run 1.6lac, Engine untouched) in mint condition and i don't actually require to do any thing other than, make be a Good Paint Job.

But while thinking about painting was thinking if i could do few mods on it, like:
1) Disk.
2) 17" Mac-alloy.
3) Tubeless Radial Tyre.
4) Square Swing arms.
5) Rare lights from Gladiator.
6) Head Lights from Fz16.
7) Belly pan. ---- i have a belly pan already but want to go for something different.
8) Matt Black paint treatment for the engine.
9) Good Quality Free Flow Exhaust.
10) 5th Gear Assembly.

Also suggest how mush this might cost.
Also suggest any other enhancements that i can go for.
You could also help me by letting me know if i should do these mods else go for a new Yamaha. (RZ15 or FZ16).

Now that's a long list. But would like you guys to suggest where i can get this done efficiently and effectively.

Guys seriously require your valuable inputs.
Old 27th November 2008, 00:02   #2
BHPian

i dont think doing all these mods on the ybx will be a nice idea.you better go for a new bike. you seem to like yamaha a lot.go for the R15 or the FZ16. its better than wasting money on an old ybx. rest is upto you buddy!
Old 27th November 2008, 00:32   #3
BHPian

@ pulsarmaniac : dont call it "wasting" money on an old ybx. it seems like he really loves his bike and wants to make her better. kindly be a little more considerate. no offense mate!!
Old 27th November 2008, 00:38   #4
BHPian

i didnt mean that.sorry if someone is offended.since he seems to be eager to get a new one, i just wanted to give my opinion.anyways he doesnt have to sell his bike to get a new one right?well that depends on him actually.but still i think its better to get a new yamaha since the new ones are really worth buying.what do you say?isnt it more practical. and he should keep the ybx if he really can
Old 27th November 2008, 08:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

I own a YBX too and all YBX owners know how fast and how much fun this pocket rocket can be.
Instead of making this a flashy bling machine with alloys, et all, Why don't you make it a nice on-off roader by stripping unnecessary parts and getting yourself nice shockers behind and a rally mudguard at front.
You could also fit a proper omni-gypsy round headlight up front as the YBX has a very poor headlight. And throw the speedo away. Get yourself a comfortable, wide handlebar. After a nice striking paint job , plonk in a 16 inch ceat tyre at the rear and a wider tyre at front, and go one tooth lower on the rear sprocket. As it is, the YBX has a light front. With this, your bike will become a wheelie maniac and you have a lot of fun tearing down urban streets. Adding a fifth gear looks complicated but IMHO, the gladiators gearbox might be a straight swap onto the YBXs bottom end. With all this, you'll have a nice urban runabout that can surprise most of the 150 crowd at the traffic lights. So, all in all, you will have a lot of fun riding your YBX which is what motorcycling is all about. Atleast that's what I think it is.
Old 27th November 2008, 14:11   #6
BHPian

JayPrashanth: pocket rocket.. u said it right.
Thanks for the suggestion. i am not looking at making her an offroaded. Instead i want her current identity to be maintained but her specs should be much more modern and comfortable.

Its definetly a Pocket Rocket.

pulsarmaniac & white_vdi: guys i taught about buying a Fz 16. But then i doubt these latest bikes can handle the daily grind and last so long.

Belive me when i say this bike is amazing. And i dont want to let her go.
and thinking about spending on a new bike costing around 75K. i might as well make sense in spending around 20k.
Old 27th November 2008, 16:01   #7
BHPian

@raj... I had driven my friends Ybx & yes it is a real pocket rocket.. Since from yoor post i get the feeling that you love the bike very much so IMHO forget a new bike & spend the dough in re building her. Post the Pics of your Bike so that we can get a better Idea.Preferred mods would be:
1) Front Disk Brakes
2) Better HL. Omni or Yezdi
3) Alloys, RAdial Tyres
4) Full Repaint
5) Full Chrome Job ( Nuts, Bolts, Screws, Spokes etc...)
6) Good Free Flow Exhaust
7) Matt Black Engine
8) Go for the Square Swing Arm if you plan to install a single shocker.

Finally the Decision is your's & what you really want.

cheers:
Old 27th November 2008, 17:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

i also owned YBX and it flew. hit a girl and downgraded to crux which was a waste.
Keep the YBX as is and buy a FZ16. drove FZ16 and is equally good. your mod list is huge and not worth the effort.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:39   #9
BHPian

Thanks yamaha Boy.
I will post few pics shortly.

kutlee: Hey Buddy i hope u didnt do much harm to that girl....

Guys i taught about purchasing a new bilke so many time, But some how every time i test a different bike, i feel they arent good enough...

I have seen few Mag alloys at ashwini in JC Road but didnt like any.
can you suggest any place in bangalore where good Mag Alloys are found.

Also suggest good 17" tubless radial tyres.....

i feel first i will buy out the important stuff, then get fittment done.
Can you guys suggest a good Auto Shop where i can get paining and fitment done effeciently?
Old 28th November 2008, 18:28   #10
BANNED

I think better keep it stock and maintain it, rest of the mods which are there in your mind do it on some 2nd hand RX worth to pump money anyday and lots of options are available.
Old 1st December 2008, 16:14   #11
BHPian

guys require your help.

Suggest the Best tyres and where i can buy them.
also suggest which are the best after market disk breaks and let me know where in Bangalore i can get the fitment done.

Bangalore members please suggest.
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:19   #12
BHPian

Re: Require to re ignite my YBX passion.

Hi rajchetan , any updates on your YBX mods .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks