Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 08:46   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
You will fall in love with her more and more as the years go by. Tinkering, setting, cleaning, etc...she would literally talk to you..if u listen to the beat. A missed beat and u will know something is just not right.

Once done with your first service take her out and let her loose on the highway.. not rip but just enjoy the ride and cruise . take care for the first 3000Kms and set your engine as these bikes are literally hand made. once set, she will give you years of trouble free rides and never let you down. Trust me, I have an AVL - Machismo 2001, 4 speed left gear shift and she has never left me in the lurch on any of my rides even to Leh and there aint another bike to do long trips on, like a bull.

Nice pics btw.

Happy riding Blurust.
Thanks a lot for all of these suggestions i will keep them in mind.. I have been opening her up now and then, like you said not ripping it but just showing her speeds like 55-60 on the fifth gear for 10 seconds and then back to 40ish..is that okay or should i refrain doing it before first service. ?? She has starting missing a beat sometimes when i give a little throttle, i think either there is some dirt in the carb or water in the petrol tank ( thank the rains )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
Looks great. I see a LOT of chrome in the pics. How do you propose to maintain the sparkle in a seaside city such as Mumbai? My chrome bits started rusting by year two, even with a weekly wipe.
I am using turtle wax to keep her away from moisture as wax deposits a thin layer of, you can say oil which protects chrome from oxidation and for nut bolts i am using zorrik 88 spray or wd40 spray generously..now lets see how far i can go without geting her all rusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Enjoy the bike! A tip - overfilling engine oil in this bike can mess up the seals, given the oil pump it has, and it is easy to overfill, if you read the dipstick the wrong way. On a bike that has been unused for as little as 48 hours, you may find that there is no oil on the dipstick when you check it cold, and lure you into topping up. Read the dipstick only after you have run the engine for a ten minutes, shut it down, and waited for a couple of minutes. That is when you will get an accurate level reading off the stick.
And the bike runs a lot sweeter as it gets past the 3000kms mark, it takes that long for everything to bed in fully.

Thanks Sawyer, this is how i check it..

Any ideas About the Horn though ?? Roots or Bosch ??

@shan2129 :- Thanks bro
@mantrig:- Thank you very much.
@Parm:- Precisely. Oh and she is going to be in my will..
Old 25th September 2009, 11:58   #62
Senior - BHPian

Blurust,

Gorgeous ride. Glorious photographs.

Go for roots man.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 25th September 2009, 12:51   #63
BHPian

Great pics blurust..enjoy your chromed beauty the way it is meant to be!
Old 25th September 2009, 15:24   #64
BHPian

Title change !

Mods please change the title to Machismo 500 LB( Roxanne ), now pics attached..

thank you very much
Old 9th October 2009, 12:53   #65
BHPian

Urgent !!

Guys i have just given roxanne for her first service,

I have a lot of work to finish off at office so i cam back for two hours till they do a full diesel wash and other small things but i will be present at the time they change the oils..

I am going for mobil 4t super 20w40 for engine and clutch..please tell me how good this is for her..its around 260/litre

thanks a lot in advance guys,

Happy riding !
Old 9th October 2009, 13:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

i hope you're going in for a mineral oil.

Also i hope its for bikes and not cars.Car engine oil causes clutches to slip.so even if you put the car engine oil in the engine,put bike oil in the clutch.

Also hope you're changing the gear oil as well.use motul "all gear" oil for that purpose.its pretty good.
Old 9th October 2009, 13:22   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
i hope you're going in for a mineral oil.

Also i hope its for bikes and not cars.Car engine oil causes clutches to slip.so even if you put the car engine oil in the engine,put bike oil in the clutch.

Also hope you're changing the gear oil as well.use motul "all gear" oil for that purpose.its pretty good.
hey navpreet congrats for your own lb,

Well yes i am going for the ones used for gour stroke bikes,
i am changing the clutch and gear oil as well, clutch oil will be the same i just wanted to know, mobil would not do any harm to it..
Old 9th October 2009, 22:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

thanks blurust

Absolutely no harm in using mobil.its a very good oil.atleast better than what is available in drums with these service stations.let us know about any difference you feel in the ride and smoothness after the service.
Old 10th October 2009, 07:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure that using synthetic oil for the clutch bath is a good idea. Also, a decent mineral like the Castrol 4t is perfectly good for the Bullet technology engine, and the cost allows you to change the oil often, which is far more important to good engine running/reliability that putting in an expensive synth. And on the AVL, be very careful about overfilling, very easy to do, and ruins the engine.
Old 10th October 2009, 09:23   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I am not sure that using synthetic oil for the clutch bath is a good idea. Also, a decent mineral like the Castrol 4t is perfectly good for the Bullet technology engine, and the cost allows you to change the oil often, which is far more important to good engine running/reliability that putting in an expensive synth. And on the AVL, be very careful about overfilling, very easy to do, and ruins the engine.
I will sure keep this in mind..Even the guy told me about the overfilling thing..he said a level between High and low is the best way to go.
I got my service done from Goregaon authorised service station,
They had mobil as their stock, they have been using mobil 20w50 ( semisynthetic ) for AVL's and motul 3000 4t ? for UCE's and gulf ep 90 grade gear oil..this is what he filled in mine..and boy, has she become smooth, Hells Yeah..He said not to use fully synthetic before atleast 3000 km's.
The kick was super hard and the service has freed it. The sound has changed which is weird? I am not sure why..It seems it has become a little more meatier, like bass from JBL speakers not from SONY one's which is more " hear me out types " If you know what i mean. I did not find it very expensive though. its just 260/litre which is cool for me. However i just wanted to know if there is a problem with using 20w50 instead of 20w40. One little change that i found was that the engine used to heat up a lot when i rode it before servicing, but last night through traffic it did not heat up till the level it used to heat up. Any explanations ??

Quote:
thanks blurust

Absolutely no harm in using mobil.its a very good oil.atleast better than what is available in drums with these service stations.let us know about any difference you feel in the ride and smoothness after the service.
Brother the oils i just mentioned are available with them as standard oils that they use for bikes. Gulf, Motul And Mobil, they dont use veedol or anything. I saw those huge 210 litre barrels there.

By the touch of this oil though i think the viscosity was pretty good. I might sound stupid, but i am just trying to learn.

Thanks in advance for the advices.

Happy Riding !

Last edited by blurust : 10th October 2009 at 09:26.
Old 10th October 2009, 10:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Damn you're lucky man.here these guys have veedol engine and gear oil which they mix equally so that they can save costs.because both the oils are in similar sized drums and they try to finish them both before ordering more.

i have bought Motul for my bike.will be getting the service done on monday in all probability.
Old 10th October 2009, 11:14   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Damn you're lucky man.here these guys have veedol engine and gear oil which they mix equally so that they can save costs.because both the oils are in similar sized drums and they try to finish them both before ordering more.

i have bought Motul for my bike.will be getting the service done on monday in all probability.
hehehe, could be bro, i have heard the one in mahim does that but who knows..anyway the gear oil can was completely different from gulf and had its own barrell..but really i dont know what they did..as i was very very busy at work...

Can somebody please provide me the information to check if they used the right oil atleast..that is 20w50 whereas in the manual it says 20w40.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th October 2009, 12:56   #73
BHPian

20W50 for LB500 is a no no. You have to go for 20W40 for the LB 500.

The Gear Oil comes in the coolest little bottles of 200ml, they are just are elongated Bear cans
Old 10th October 2009, 13:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan2129 View Post
20W50 for LB500 is a no no. You have to go for 20W40 for the LB 500.

The Gear Oil comes in the coolest little bottles of 200ml, they are just are elongated Bear cans
Bear ??

can you explain why 20w50 semi synthetic is a no no ?? that will be really helpful.
Old 10th October 2009, 13:49   #75
Senior - BHPian

20W50 is slightly more viscous than the 20w40 oil but its better if you use it in hotter climates.it'll be hardly any difference.this difference comes into play if you're using the bike in very cold areas.

actually car and bike companies recommend oil in accordance to the ambient temp the vehicle is going to be used in.its just that in india one standard grade is recommended just so that it doesn't become a headache for service stations.

Since your bike is running cooler and its running smoother then it means that the oil is performing well and you have no need to worry.In case you had overheating problems of the smoothness compromised then there would have been a reason to worry.

moreover you have the semisynthetic which is an even better range as there is a lot of tolerance in this oil on the basis of temperature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks