BHPian

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)

Products sold:
  • All types of alloy wheels & Tyres.
  • Other car accessories, limited stock
Services offered:
  • Wheel alignment, Balancing and nitrogen
What I like:
  • Have been a customer from beginning (almost 2 yrs now).
  • Good customer care. Spacious lounge.
  • Open 24 x 7. (really)
  • Privilage coupon available for regular customers (for services only). Which gives 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100% discount step by step for every visit for a 1 year span.
  • I have used up till 80% now. Next is 100%.
  • More alignment bays to avoid waiting.
What I don't like:
  • Alloys mostly Taiwanese.
Pricing: Fair

Speciality / USP: Honest.

What I have bought from him:
Yet to buy tyres. But have no complaints so far on alignment, balancing or tubeless puncture.

Contact Information

- Phone numbers: 0484 3071234
- Helpful landmarks / directions: On Palarivattom - Vytilla bypass. Opposite to Skoda / Aircel Showroom
- Email / Website : index
abhilash_iv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2010, 10:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Privilege coupon?? That's seems interesting. TyreX will certainly be my next stop for alignment.
Old 5th June 2010, 23:19   #3
BHPian

Got Tyres & Alloys for my Palio from Tyrex,reasonable price and Very good Customer Care.
Old 24th June 2010, 15:14   #4
BHPian

Good guys

Bought the attcahed Alloys and Yokohama A drive 185-70-14 for my Swift from there on April' 10.

The buying experience was excellent and price is also reasonable, I think.

Alloys(Veloche) - Rs 14000.00
4 Nos Yoko A drives( 185/70/14)- Rs 12600.00
Wheel balancing, alignment, fitting, nitrogen filling - Free.
Attached Thumbnails
Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-14052010108.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 23:01   #5
BANNED

ontheroad: How was the choice of alloys & tyres at Tyrex ?
Old 25th June 2010, 23:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

guys if anyone is going there please find out what all options they have in 205 50 R 15" i need both brands and prices please, budget around 4k its kinda urgent one of the Tyres is completely screwed.

Pramod
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:20   #7
BHPian

Friends who have purchased from Tyrex have given a lot of +ive reviews.
Last month my friend got a set of Conti CPC2 225/45 R17's for Rs6300/piece.
Old 20th January 2012, 02:58   #8
BHPian

Re: Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)

Bought Alloys for Innova from Tyrex

Brand Veloche
Price 17500-4nos
Wheel balancing, Alignment, Fitting, Nitrogen filling Free
Attached Thumbnails
Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-i23747.jpg  

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-i23810.jpg  

valapad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 15:23   #9
BHPian

Got tyres for my Swift. Got Hankook 185 * 70 *14s. Got nitrogen filled for free. But they charged me for alignment. The tyres plus alignment cost me 18K. No discounts. Extra charged for payment using debit card.

Service people were really friendly. But they had only Hankook and Continental tyres. Work was fast and clean. Although I didn't care much for the way the service guy zooooomed off in my car after fitting the tyres.

Alignement work was top-notch. The ride quality significantly improved after their work. Would definitely go back there for alloys.
nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 15:50   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Got tyres for my Swift. Got Hankook 185 * 70 *14s. Got nitrogen filled for free. But they charged me for alignment. The tyres plus alignment cost me 18K. No discounts. Extra charged for payment using debit card.

Service people were really friendly. But they had only Hankook and Continental tyres. Work was fast and clean. Although I didn't care much for the way the service guy zooooomed off in my car after fitting the tyres.

Alignement work was top-notch. The ride quality significantly improved after their work. Would definitely go back there for alloys.
Can you post the pics, especially the thread pattern? Do they have 205/50/R15 in Hankook? I havent seen this brand in cars, only in SUV's. How is the performance? I'm basically looking for comfort and less road noise.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 15:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Can you post the pics, especially the thread pattern?
Here you go. Sorry about the delay. Had a hectic week at office. Hope its not too late.
Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-1.jpg
Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-2.jpg

Quote:
Do they have 205/50/R15 in Hankook? I havent seen this brand in cars, only in SUV's.
I am not sure. But they do have a large stock of Hankook brand. Can one fit 205/50/R15 on Swift? If you are upgrading to those specs, please please share the pictures.

Quote:
How is the performance? I'm basically looking for comfort and less road noise.
Performance is great. Braking and handling are much improved. It maybe because the previous tires were almost completely worn out. However I am happy with the new tires. Road noise level is pretty much same as I had experienced with stock tires.

P.S:- I know the tyres will look better on alloys. I am planning to put alloys in 2 or 3 months.
nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 18:34   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
Here you go. Sorry about the delay. Had a hectic week at office. Hope its not too late.

I am not sure. But they do have a large stock of Hankook brand. Can one fit 205/50/R15 on Swift? If you are upgrading to those specs, please please share the pictures.

Performance is great. Braking and handling are much improved. It maybe because the previous tires were almost completely worn out. However I am happy with the new tires. Road noise level is pretty much same as I had experienced with stock tires.

P.S:- I know the tyres will look better on alloys. I am planning to put alloys in 2 or 3 months.
Thanks for the pics. It's not late. I will be changing in 2-3 months only. Started searching for the better brand now itself.

Yes, I currently use 205/50/R15 Yokohama S Drives. It performed really well. Clocked 35k kms and another 5k-8k kms left in them. I shall keep searching for more brands and keep you posted.

BTW, keep me posted when you plan to buy the alloys.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 08:18   #13
BHPian

205/50 15's are available in Nankang. I have them on my swift and performs well.
Bu I got them from Trichur .Not Tyrex
Old 18th March 2021, 22:57   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking to replace my car's tires with either the Continental UC6 or the MRF Perfinzas. I visited all the tire stores between Vytilla and Edapally and after asking a couple of friends, I finalized on Tyrex.

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-20210317_173408_hdr.jpg
Positives
- Price! I was quoted Rs 20,000 all inclusive for four Continental UC6 tires in the size of 196/60 15. All the other stores were more certainly expensive than them.
- 2021 manufactured tires were available.
- The owner was very pleasant to deal with. Things certainly move quickly when he is around. He did offer me refreshments several times. Unfortunately, he left in the evening and wasnt there to help expedite the resolution of my issues.
- The team worked very efficiently to remove my tires and fit the new tires.
- The store is open till 11PM, so you can come after dinner and get work completed with the smaller team that is available.

Wheels & Tyres : Tyrex (Kochi)-20210317_214219_hdr.jpg
At 21:45, hoping they finally agree that there is an issue and could fix it

Cons
- I asked the owner to ensure that the technicians dont go for high speed joy rides either before or after alignment. This is a really bad habit that many tire dealers in Cochin have cultivated and they do it without asking you before hand. The owner understood my request and agreed to it without hesitation. But, due to some miscommunication, one of his technicians went off for a spin after the balancing was done.
- The alignment work looked to be completely done through trial and error. The first time they did the alignment and gave me the car, I found that it was pulling strongly to the right when the steering was dead straight. I am sure that the technician was doing some alignment work without the screen on the REC machine showing any of the toe, camber values, I really dont know what he was doing as part of the "alignment".

So I returned to the store after an hour. They took a "test drive" with me in the passenger seat, it was more like a F1 rollercoaster ride where I was lucky not to meet my maker. They agreed that they had goofed up the first time. They did the alignment twice more and they test drove it each time and confirmed that it was now fine. It still pulled to the right when the steering wheel was straight, though the pull was less than before. However, they didnt agree that there was still an issue and asked me to drive the car for some time and see if my feedback still was valid .

I returned in the night after dinner and demonstrated on three separate occasions how the car was pulling to the right with me holding the steering wheel perfectly in the middle. The new technician agreed to what I showed him but kept saying there is nothing wrong with with my car or the work they had done Grudgingly he took it in for one final attempt and finally, the car now seems to be fine.

- I was given all sorts of excuses as to why it took 4 attempts to get the alignment right. Everything from
  • these machines dont always work properly, we need to do test drives to get it right. Depending only on the machines cant ensure successful alignment, it needs our test drives also!
  • you didnt allow us to test drive it earlier, thats why we couldnt do the alignment properly even after so many attempts.
  • sometimes cars are like this when you change tires and do balancing and alignment, issues come up
  • there is no alignment issue, but to keep you happy we will try again and "fix" it
  • I have been installing cars for 6 years, there is no issue with your car or these tires. (Finally I had to tell him that I have been driving for 16 years and I know when there is an issue. That stopped all the excuses)
- Whatever I saved in the purchase price was negated by all the unnecessary additional hours and petrol that I wasted in trying to get them to agree to their mistakes and do a simple alignment properly. If they had failed to fix it the 4th time, I would have just taken the car to a more competent place and paid to get it done there. It feels like they lucked into a solution, rather than having worked towards actually resolving the problem.
neil.jericho is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 18:44   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- Whatever I saved in the purchase price was negated by all the unnecessary additional hours and petrol that I wasted in trying to get them to agree to their mistakes and do a simple alignment properly. If they had failed to fix it the 4th time, I would have just taken the car to a more competent place and paid to get it done there. It feels like they lucked into a solution, rather than having worked towards actually resolving the problem.
I really have to wonder why you let them touch the alignment if the car was ok to begin with. Except just once, when I had an experience that was similar to yours with the steering being off centre when the car was pointed straight ahead on a more or less level road, I never allowed anybody except the ASC touch my car's alignment. And I most certainly would NEVER let a tyre shop employee drive it!

When I got my MC5s 2 weeks ago, the owner of the shop suggested alignment and I said "Thanks, but no thanks". My car's alignment has stayed perfect after multiple tyre replacements without being touched. And the recent highway run has only proved it. The car is near perfect. The alignment will be checked when it goes for its annual service, which was delayed by 4 months due to the pandemic, at the end of this month.

Last edited by R2D2 : 20th March 2021 at 18:47.
R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks