Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 18:32   #1

Trivandrum - Chennai by Car

I am planning to drive from TRivandrum to Chennai next weekend. I will be the only driver and since this is my first really long drive, i have a few queries. I couldnt find any recent queries/answers pertaining to this route.

This is what i could get from google maps Pappanamcode, Kerala to Tiruneermalai Main Rd - Google Maps . But I am pretty sure this is not completely accurate. I would really appreciate if any body has the customized map for this route.

I am planning to start early morning from Trivandrum, halt at Trichy for the night and resume early morning the next day. Here are the questions that i have:
- Assuming if i start from Trivandrum(Pappanamcode specifically which is outside the city) by around 7:30 AM ish, what would be average travel time till Trichy including the mandatory breaks?
- Is there a good recomendation for 'value for money' hotels that i can stay for the night in Trichy?
- Any recommendation for decent hotels for food breaks(veg or non veg) on the way?
- If i start from Trichy early morning (say 4am). How long will the commute to Chennai take on an average?
- Are there specific points in the route where a first timer can get lost or get confused?

The selection of Trichy as a halting point is considering the following factors:
- Cover as much as distance possible in the day without tiring myself
- Good hotels to stay for a couple

I apologize if these questions have been already answered. I would appreciate a link to such posts in such a case
Old 7th April 2010, 18:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Please go through This Thread & post further queries if the need be.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks