Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 20:22   #16

Re: Mahindra Verito or Maruti Dzire for Taxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Have seen a couple of Etioses as taxis here, but not more than that . With how things are going, IMO DZire is not going to be a taxi very soon, given its very long waiting period.
From the various replies, I am beginning to understand that the various companies have a policy of releasing their cars to the taxi segment in selective cities. In chennai, verito is not offered whereas in B'lore it is. Haven't seen an etios taxi here though it does not mean it is not available as I have seen Corolla taxis. Will check out first thing tomorrow.

The only issue I have with the TATA indica/indigo series is that I will be using this car to occasionally travel with family on very long trips (and I love driving at nights) and then reliability becomes a big factor, especially me being a zero when it comes to handling car mechanicals.

Lastly, coming to the Dzire, believe it or not, Popular Maruti velachery promises to give me one in 15 days (White LDI old gen models only). But they can be registered only as taxis.
Old 12th February 2012, 20:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriviswa View Post
From the various replies, I am beginning to understand that the various companies have a policy of releasing their cars to the taxi segment in selective cities. In chennai, verito is not offered whereas in B'lore it is. Haven't seen an etios taxi here though it does not mean it is not available as I have seen Corolla taxis. Will check out first thing tomorrow.

The only issue I have with the TATA indica/indigo series is that I will be using this car to occasionally travel with family on very long trips (and I love driving at nights) and then reliability becomes a big factor, especially me being a zero when it comes to handling car mechanicals.

Lastly, coming to the Dzire, believe it or not, Popular Maruti velachery promises to give me one in 15 days (White LDI old gen models only). But they can be registered only as taxis.
I don't know about Verito's in Chennai. My company had a yellow board Verito that we were using in Bangalore and due to low demand here and higher demand in Chennai, we had it transferred there, so I guess you can get a Verito with a yellow board.

From what people are saying about the Etios, that is actually a really good suggestion. Very reliable for your occasional family trips. Can't get much more reliable than Toyota
Old 13th February 2012, 18:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry everybody. This thread is a non starter and my sincere apologies for that. After receiving no replies from Mahindra, I finally called them again this evening. And I was shocked to find that the verito is not yet offered as a taxi

Having seen Logan more as a taxi, I naturally assumed that it would be available.

MODERATOR: Please take appropriate action.
In Bangalore, I see lots of Verito as taxis. Don't consider the Dzire due to higher servicing costs and lesser space. The engine uses synthetic oil (diesel) and each service can set you around 8k. As quoted by other members, the IndigoCS is a good option- great mileage and low running costs. The Verito is still the best bet as it is the most spacious and low running costs. Its can seat 3 at the rear seat with absolute comfort as it is the widest.
Leistung is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 14:00   #19
BHPian

Since you are looking for a Taxi, and rear seat comfort is a major concern, I would recommend you the Indigo Manza. The Dzire has always been criticized for its rear-seat comfort, and hence using it as a taxi is not a good idea. Another great option would be the Toyota Etios. You'll probably get one for about 6.80, and since its a Toyota it'll definitely be more reliable than anything else on this planet. So if you are reluctant on spending anything over 6.50, the Manza is a brilliant buy but if not then the Etios is worth the stretch.
Old 14th February 2012, 15:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Diesel Verito is what I would recommend. Reasons:
1. Rear Sear Comfort and Space
2. Long Distance comfort due to Firm ride and good handling
3. Very maintenance free mechanicals and frugal (18 kmpl+ in city)
4. Fantastic boot space for luggage and the rear suspension does not sink with a full and heavy boot
5. Servicing costs are quite low and it hardly needs much to be done than the filter and mineral oil changes
6. Great AC and cooling, even at the rear (experience from summers in Delhi and Rajasthan)
7. Easy rear entry and exit due to adequate space between Space and B-Pillar
8. Have heard stories of the DCI engine going 300000 kms without requiring an engine Overhaul

Last edited by roy_libran : 14th February 2012 at 15:26. Reason: Adding content
Old 14th February 2012, 16:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if it is a co-incidence because I've gone through this thread or it is indeed the trend now; but I have been seeing a lot of DZire taxis lately.

If Verito has been discontinued, DZire seems to be the next favorite.

Quote:
I have not considered TATA cars (indica/indigo) as reliability comes high on my priority list
I understand your point of view but have you done any research on the Indigo Marina's reliability to rule it out? I say this because the Marina comprises half of Meru's entire fleet in most cities.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I understand your point of view but have you done any research on the Indigo Marina's reliability to rule it out? I say this because the Marina comprises half of Meru's entire fleet in most cities.
And as a regular user of Meru, I can tell that the condition of the Marinas are much worse than their Logan counterparts of older vintage. 200K to 300K Km run Logans are in much better shape than 100K Km run Marinas. DZire taxis are relatively new and I have not seen much Kms on the odo compared to the Logans and Marinas. As a passenger, I would always prefer the Logan>Marina>finally the DZire; in that order.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 17:45   #23
Team-BHP Support

I would expect your customers to associate Maruti DZire with a premium car - since its a new entrant. That's always good for business!
Old 14th February 2012, 17:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

My prferences are

1) Verito
2) Indigo eCS - TDi

3) Dzire
Old 14th February 2012, 18:04   #25
BHPian

On a not so good road, is it that Verito's back seat ride quality & suspension the best for less than 8L rupees diesel car? If not, which car within 8L on road price has (both hatchback and sedan included) best back seat ride quality? The space may be less, but the ride quality has to be the best. Comments please.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
On a not so good road, is it that Verito's back seat ride quality & suspension the best for less than 8L rupees diesel car? If not, which car within 8L on road price has (both hatchback and sedan included) best back seat ride quality? The space may be less, but the ride quality has to be the best. Comments please.
I will not do a specific comparo, but what I can say is that Verito has a Firm suspension setup. So, while on Smooth Highways and City roads it is acceptable and comfortable, the comfort is not in the same class as some of it's competitors.
However, when it comes to Potholed roads and Undulating and Bumpy Roads, this suspension comes into it's element. It doesn't sway too much, and does a good job of cancelling and absorbing the vibrations being transmitted from the wheels. This makes it a lot more comfortable on such roads, and due to similar dynamics the car also handles very well. With a Soft suspension, there is a lot of vertical movement and bottoming out, which the Verito does not suffer from.
Old 14th February 2012, 19:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
In that case, the only problem that remains is the rear leg-space of Dzire. While its very good for short trips, the rear occupants may find it very uncomfortable during long trips.

Since Verito is not available at your place as Taxi, my vote goes for Indigo. The reliability issue is exaggerated I believe, hundreds of Indigo taxies are the example. Its the NVH levels of Indigo that is bad.

Dzire : No (because of the rear legspace)
Verito : The best (but not an option for your since its not available as Taxi there)
Indigo : My Vote.

By the Way, why haven't you considered a Manza? The rear-seat comfort is the best. People will chose a Manza taxi anytime over a DZire,Verito or Indigo CS

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 14th February 2012 at 19:22. Reason: adding the last line.
Old 14th February 2012, 19:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

It's a no brainer. The Verito it is.

Better space, better ride and better drivability (The passengers will love it, the driver will love it and the clutch will love it). Isn't that the perfect taxi?

And I have seen Verito with yellow plates.
Old 14th February 2012, 20:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
It's a no brainer. The Verito it is.

Better space, better ride and better drivability (The passengers will love it, the driver will love it and the clutch will love it). Isn't that the perfect taxi?

And I have seen Verito with yellow plates.
While that is true, its not an option for him since Verito is not yet offered as a Taxi in Chennai. :(
Old 14th February 2012, 20:57   #30
BANNED

What about the Toyota Etios? There is a new cab company in Bombay called Tab Cab - all their cabs seem to be the Etios - I like the looks of the Etios as a cab.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks