Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2007, 19:39   #16
BHPian

@maheepgupta:

1) The ground clearance of Esteem is very low. Chances are that if you have bad roads, then the bottom will be touched very often. The comfort on front seats is better than at the rear, so you will not feel many bumps if you are driving.
2) Cabin noise is high in the car. You will face the same issue as with your zen.
3) Have no clue, but I just visited AutoMartIndia.com - Welcome To Our Home Page and saw a 2003 Zen Lxi being sold for 2 lacs. Considering the fact that these guys overprice their cars for their warranty stuff, I guess you got a good deal. BTW, if you have a high end system you might want to put it in your new car.
Old 6th September 2007, 00:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Very true. However, being a Flair owner let me be honest in mentioning that noise damping when travelling on rough roads isnt exactly the best.
What are all the other cars you have driven my sweet benny boy ??? i think your mike scores pretty high in this segment if you did not know that already. it is only in the quality of material & maintenance that the flair losses out.
Old 6th September 2007, 09:36   #18
Team-BHP Support

John, maybe your right to some extent. Most other cars i have driven are usually from higher segments, so maybe its unfair to compare.

As for the maintenance part, so far, so good. End of the month it completes one year of ownership, and over 11,111kms clocked. No issues so far.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:46   #19
BHPian

Hi All

Well, I test drove the Accent yesterday but somehow couldn't convince my self for this... don't know why but it is not the car I am gonna buy..

One of my friends has a 3 months old Esteem and I think it will be good idea to TD that, as it will give an idea of how it feels after some KMs in Odo.

As for the budget, I am prepared for 5-7 lakhs but as we have recently purchased the SX4 Zxi so lesser the better.

From all these views from the experts, it seems I will have to move on to the higher side of the budget or find an alternative... I dont like the Aveo for exterior and Fiesta for interior so those are out of discussion..

How about the Indigo XL Classic.. I am not very keen to buy Indigo but in this price range it looks like an okay deal.. Plus with the high seating position, the ride will be better I guess..

Another option is Optra Elite which I am being offered at 7.5 OTR with default cassette player upgraded to MP3 and few other goodies...

Cheers !!
Old 6th September 2007, 23:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As for the maintenance part, so far, so good. End of the month it completes one year of ownership, and over 11,111kms clocked. No issues so far.
The Ikon is tested only after 30 or 40k kms, till then you are lucky not to encounter any defects. I am happy for you. But it does have a sweet ride though.
Old 7th September 2007, 00:36   #21
BHPian

If you are scared of rattling issues, never look for an esteem. as for back seat ride again, esteem is not good. its a driver's car.
I guess Ikon should give you a much better ride and suspension+handling. Optra Elite is a nice car indeed, but u said u will be driving on quite rough patches, so Optra' ssuspension is not built to take on rough roads on regular basis.
Yes, Indigo might do the trick for u. Its tough and build for rural roads and the ride is ok. TD it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks