| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|25th September 2009, 00:54||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 17 Times
Planning for Baleno - Stuck with some queries
I have a 96 Esteem Vx running absolutely fine, Its been three years now using this car and pretty happy with its trouble free driving/ maintenance
I am now planning for a 2005-2007 Model Esteem or Baleno.
Seniors/Experts/Masters please help me with the below queries to decide on about Baleno to decide upon.
1) FE - City/Highway in smooth driving conditions
2) Re-Sale value
3) Spares Availability in Bangalore
4) Spares cost when compared to Esteem spares
5) Suspension of Baleno with 1+4, because Esteem has a weak suspension
6) Known issues on Baleno
My first option is Baleno, if spare and maintenance cost turns costlier I may decide for Esteem.
|25th September 2009, 01:10||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR - chasing cars...
Thanked: 26 Times
1) FE - City/Highway in smooth driving conditions - 13/16
2) Re-Sale value Won't hold like a Vtec, but won't plummet like an Ikon either.
3) Spares Availability in Bangalore Pretty good. But be prepared to wait for a select few parts, like A/C compressor, which is JDM and only shipped on order.
4) Spares cost when compared to Esteem spares More than Esteem, definitely.
5) Suspension of Baleno with 1+4, because Esteem has a weak suspension Good
6) Known issues on Baleno Rear wheel bearings are a sealed unit and expensive.
|25th September 2009, 01:12||#3|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanked: 4,387 Times
1) FE - City/Highway in smooth driving conditions - I used to get 11-12/14-15 kmpl in my 2005 EIII baleno
2) Re-Sale value - Sold mine for 3.4 lacs in 2009
3) Spares Availability in Bangalore - No idea
4) Spares cost when compared to Esteem spares - Some parts are more costly but they SGP and not MGP and hence of better quality.
5) Suspension of Baleno with 1+4, because Esteem has a weak suspension - Suspension is far better than esteem
6) Known issues on Baleno - Khatak sound from the steering column on hitting potholes at certain angles. Apart from that there are no issues that I know of.
Between Baleno and Esteem, Baleno is a no brainer.
|25th September 2009, 01:50||#4|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: May 2005
Thanked: 283 Times
1) FE - City/Highway in smooth driving conditions - 11-13 for both city and highway. I tend to get lower on highways !
2) Re-Sale value - Since you are buying used the first owner would have taken most of the depreciation loss. You should not lose that much when selling yourself. Baleno's also seem to be in demand in Bangalore. So you should be able to buy ample interested buyers.
3) Spares Availability in Bangalore - Should be fine. Accident repair spares may take a few days at times, but spares are generally available.
4) Spares cost when compared to Esteem spares - Higher. But then it's also half a segment higher.
5) Suspension of Baleno with 1+4, because Esteem has a weak suspension - Pretty good.
6) Known issues on Baleno - Nothing that I would call a deal-breaker.
@v1p3r - approximately how much are the rear wheel bearings?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|EBC - Mount Everest Base Camp Trek Thread - Queries/Questions/Tips/Planning||KSM-Vtec||Route / Travel Queries||21||4th December 2017 08:12|
|Leh and Ladakh - Trip Planning - All queries go here||Abhiknov||Route / Travel Queries||943||31st May 2013 11:03|