Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 16:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Query on Frequent Flier programmes

The situation is this - I have been traveling across SE Asia and Middle East over the last 4-5 years. I have flown many a times on Air India, but also on many different airlines. Hence, my miles are scattered across different Frequent Flier programs, such as Singapore Airlines, Etihad, Cathay Pacific, Thai Air etc.

However, miles in individual accounts are not really sufficient to be redeemed on that airline (because international mileage redemption is very high)

I wish to redeem these miles for domestic air travel on their partner airlines in India e.g. using Singapore Airlines points to book an Air India domestic flight, or using points on Etihad Airways on Jet Airlines domestic flight.

Is this possible? If yes, how?
Old 5th October 2009, 16:35   #2
BHPian

If the airlines have code share agreement, then I believe you can redeem the same.

I have done the same from Delta to Jet 2 years back.
Old 5th October 2009, 18:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

^ Jet and Etihad have a partnership program. So do AI and Singapore.

But their websites dont have anything to that effect. So I dont know the procedure.
Old 6th October 2009, 10:09   #4
BHPian

Go to the domestic airlines website and see their International Partners list.
Then call up the customer care and ask for transferring points.
An update The miles earned on International flights can be redeemed into your domestic airlines if those flights have been from one country to another rather than intra country.
Cos i had 2500 miles with American Airlines which were within USA which were not redeemed into Jet Airways but the one i did from USA to India were redeemed into Jet.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

Frequent Flier programme - What are the options?

Never thought I'd be posting such a query on this forum when I joined it Here goes!

We have a family business based in Mumbai, a professional firm. We have recently taken up some projects in New Delhi, due to which trips are required to be made to the capital by air very frequently. For the longest time, it was only one trip a week, and it was a matter of going online and booking a ticket, however now the travel has become much more frequent.

On an average, there are two trips a week, meaning 8 trips a month. The trips are usually single day trips i.e. catch the first flight out to New Delhi and the last flight back to Mumbai. Also, on each trip, there are two persons travelling. That means the frequent flier programme cannot (preferably) be on a single persons name, but has to be some sort of corporate account. The class booked is usually Economy. Roughly, that sums up to about 30 tickets a month, which adds up considerably to the expense.

Any of you frequent fliers out there, what are the best options we have in order to minimize the air travel expense as much as possible?

Are there any airline specific schemes / travel website schemes / credit card tie-up schemes?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks