Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2015, 21:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India

Guy's check out the below review and see how they praise the R3 . The Kwacker 300 comes in dead last.

stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 22:19   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Guy's check out the below review and see how they praise the R3 . The Kwacker 300 comes in dead last.
And this one says just the opposite!

Summary of this video is, the RC makes a good track bike and the Honda is a good street bike but it ultimately boils down to the Kwacker and the Yamaha, both with track/street capabilities and with the Yam replicating the Kawa in many ways. Have a look!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 01:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
You beat me to the post here. Well these guys do some terrific reviews. The R3 has a seven-step preload adjuster for the rear KYB shock. Also its got the biggest front forks in its class(41mm). And Yamaha bikes have some serious braking power. In particular, the R15. And going by glowing reviews of the R3 world wide, this one does come as a surprise. The main issue I feel the R3 has or has not addressed is the useable power. Hope its unlike the R15, makes it a pain to ride in the city. Simple reason why the Honda trumps the Yamaha in this aspect.

And if the speculation was not enough, get a load of this: http://www.motoroids.com/news/yamaha...ia-plot-twist/

You better not disappoint Yamaha!

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th July 2015 at 13:43. Reason: Removing video from quoted post.
Old 26th May 2015, 17:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Had seen these vids long back (I like the "On 2 wheels" one better). What my take away from these vids - The single cylinder KTM is more expensive than the two cylinder offerings. It is in fact the most expensive bike of the lot

I guess its a big slap in the face for all those who insist that more cylinders automically imply a more expensive motorcycle. Rubbish!
Old 6th June 2015, 11:54   #20
Team-BHP Support

A showroom-ready example of the YZF-R3 has been spotted at what is believed to be a Yamaha dealership or workshop at Navi Mumbai.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India-yamahar3spypicindia.jpg

Source: Bike Advice
Aditya is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 15:39   #21
Team-BHP Support

Yamaha is likely to launch the YZF-R3 in India in August 2015. It will be brought to India as CKD kits from Indonesia and assembled at one of Yamaha's plants in India. The bike will be available in three colours - red, black and blue.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 02:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Yamaha India has announced a press conference for August 11, 2015 in New Delhi, which is likely to see the launch of the YZF-R3 sportbike. Unveiled last year, the Yamaha R3 is presently manufactured only by PT. YIMM (Yamaha Indonesia Motor Manufacturing), which will export the bike to India through CKD kits, reportedly.
Source

The twin headlamps on the blue one look rad
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India-yamahayzfr3frontquarterat2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India-yamahayzfr3headlightat2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India-yamahayzfr3headlightsat2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India-yamahayzfr3ignitionat2015bangkokmotorshow1024x678.jpg  

batterylow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 18:02   #23
BHPian

Yamaha YZF-R3 spotted in India, features a customary big ugly saree guard.
Good it's removable!!
The xbhp member also mentions that there would be a abs n a non abs version contrary to earlier belief.

News courtesy:- Check out @Motoroids2's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Motoroids2/statu...645592576?s=09

Pic courtesy :-http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/news/30274-yamaha-yzf-r3-launched-globally-xbhp-news-21.html
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha YZF-R3 starts testing in India-img_20150806_175242.jpg  

Last edited by sambhav.jain : 6th August 2015 at 18:05. Reason: Adding detail
sambhav.jain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 19:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Yamaha YZF-R3 spotted in India, features a customary big ugly saree guard.
Thanks for sharing

To me, saree guard is a good sign. The launch must be near

Its a good looking bike, no doubt. Some things that stand out to me from the pic:

- The rear tyre sidewall looks real chunky. Internationally; the rear is a 140/70/17. I guess India specific ones wear 140/80/17 shoes. And the tyres seem to be Michelins
- That seat looks so well designed. Hardly any forward taper. Should be a comfy perch
- LOVE that heel guard. Should be very functional and aid locking on to the bike while cornering. The ones on the Duke are not well designed
- Nicely contoured tank. The high profile will aid resting your chest in attack mode
- Only the tail section is ugly. I am sure that can be easily remedied

Alas, this will be priced closer to the Ninjette; not 390

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 6th August 2015 at 19:21.
Old 7th August 2015, 16:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Heard from My RD watsap group that its going to be around 1.8 Lacs ex showroom. For that price I am definitely lining up. Now the question would be how reliable is my info, well the group has 4-5 Yamaha dealers and apparently they had a meeting yesterday so cheers Guys !!

Pramod
Old 7th August 2015, 16:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Heard from My RD watsap group that its going to be around 1.8 Lacs ex showroom.
Sir, no offense, but 1.8L seems like a fantasy. The exshowroom price of the current R15 is around 1.15L if I'm right. So the R3, which is literally double, both in terms of cubic capacity and horsepower can no way be priced at 1.8, especially knowing Yamaha!

Also, there was a report that it's gonna be brought in as a CKD unit. If this is true, then we're looking at a ninja300-like price for sure IMO.

For the sake of all of us, let's hope you're right!

Last edited by Added_flavor : 7th August 2015 at 16:58.
Old 7th August 2015, 19:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Sir, no offense, but 1.8L seems like a fantasy. The exshowroom price of the current R15 is around 1.15L if I'm right. So the R3, which is literally double, both in terms of cubic capacity and horsepower can no way be priced at 1.8, especially knowing Yamaha!

Also, there was a report that it's gonna be brought in as a CKD unit. If this is true, then we're looking at a ninja300-like price for sure IMO.

For the sake of all of us, let's hope you're right!

To tell you honestly every single guy looking for the R3 is following the price closely, I honestly hope that the guys who have me this news are right. Yamaha is actually trying hard for its market share, let's hope they reclaim their market with this product

Pramod
Old 7th August 2015, 21:15   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
To tell you honestly every single guy looking for the R3 is following the price closely, I honestly hope that the guys who have me this news are right. Yamaha is actually trying hard for its market share, let's hope they reclaim their market with this product

Pramod
I doubt a flagship will be used to reclaim the market. Anything less than 2.5lac ex-showroom would be surprising to me.
Old 10th August 2015, 14:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
2.5lac ex-showroom would be surprising to me.
Yamaha will definitely not use the premium tag like how the Honda guys do. My hunch is that the rideaway price will be between 300K-325K.

Anything less than that? I will have my doubts on the quality and compromises that they would have made to build the bike it a price.
Old 10th August 2015, 14:58   #30
BHPian

My brother was at Bangalore Wheels this weekend to talk to the sales folk there. He came back with news that pre-bookings of the R3 have started with 5k being the booking amount.

He was also saddled with information that the R3 would cost approximately 3.5L OTR Bangalore.

I literally Laughed Out Loud at this

YMIL's pricing has NEVER been Bajaj/KTM like and with the R3 being a CKD, it surely will be priced to compete with the Ninja 300 and cannot slot in between the CBR250R and the Ninja 300.

Anyone in the market for the R3 would be served well by ignoring the sales-spiel that the showrooms are handing out.

Cheers !

Sundar
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks