Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Build Report: Ariel Atom Replica from Kolkata

What a brilliant project! "Defy the odds and follow your dream."
These guys have pulled off a classic show of DIY work. An inspiration indeed. Kudos people!
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:16   #17
BHPian

Absolutely brilliant execution guys! Hats off to your dedication and passion in completing this project from start to finish. She definitely is a crowd puller, and will attract attention wherever you driver her in the world! You've got a real piece of art there, cheers guys!
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:48   #18
BHPian

One of THE BEST custom made cars in India. It doesn't look a car that was built in a shed and on a budget. Fit and finish is just mind blowing! Please post a photo from the cabin, with the dashboard and stuff
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:34   #19
BHPian

You guys had a dream and executed it. I mean most of us have these dreams but how many can keep on it and finish it???

Also what impressed me is that you did it on a tight budget. I mean I have seen reports where the guy has passion but also a lot of money to help it. But here you guys did it with limited funds!!!

Mean looking machine fashioned olde style...Mad Max all the way
catchjyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 17:22   #20
BHPian

Awesome project car. It seems you guys have really left no stone un- turned in creating this beauty. I'd seen this vehicle at the Drag Races in Rajarhat, but could not get a chance to meet you guys. Looking forward to meeting you guys at the next Team Bhp Kolkata meet.

Regards
Premjit
premjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:38   #21
BHPian

Simple, Sophisticated and Brilliant are the three words which hit me when I saw this. All of us petrol-heads have a hidden dream and a little boy or girl within which wakes up on occasion and whispers: "Lets create our own car / bike / vehicle". Trust a bunch of gutsy youngsters to turn it to reality. I salute your spirit and determination.
TheBigH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 20:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Respect to the builders.

Would like to volunteer my engineering capabilities at a no profit basis if you guys require any. (In CNC Machining and Rubber Components)
AbhiJ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:24   #23
BHPian

A Big Congrats to Ezio Riddhi and his friends!

The amount of time, patience and passion you have poured into your project shows very well in your end product.

Hope you don't stop with this and bring out even more exciting machines. Ever thought of going commercial? You all seem to have what it takes. (Although I know its easier said than done; parents, family and all)

This is definitely something you can look back to in future with pride and tell your kids about.
Hope this inspires even others to go ahead with their pet projects.

And thanks a lot Aditya for bringing out this post
psispace is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 21:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Awesome project. Is there, Any attempt to get this road legal?

Will it be possible to share the initial CATIA visualisations?
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:19   #25
BHPian

Congrats and hats off to you guys having pulled off such a feat. Same as AbhiJ said above if for any further development you or any other similar projects need any engineering help in the field of Die Casting/moulding or fabrication do let me know.
Old 22nd September 2015, 23:42   #26
BHPian

That is some amazing work there!
I must add that quite a few colleges in India construct cars for racing and learning purposes (Some of these being Formula Manipal from MIT Manipal, Orion Racing from KJ Somaiya and Ashwa Racing from RVCE Bangalore). They not only design the cars, but also manufacture quite a significant portion of them as well.
My point of mentioning these is the fact that these teams are actually very advanced in their processes which even include Carbon Fibre Bodywork (Maybe an update to your Ariel Atom )
Having worked myself in such a team, I will not shy away from saying that there is a plethora of knowledge that me and my fellow team mates have in the areas of design, manufacturing of everything and even intricacies such as Engine Tuning, Suspension Tuning. Also there is the know-how of where to get what work done at extremely nominal rates.
This is not a post for publicity but just to garner attention towards the good work going on in India which many may not be aware off. If you need any support, you are most welcome to contact me.

PS. If you plan to execute another such project or if anyone is interested in such a project in Delhi NCR, please count me in.
deathucider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 00:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

Ah! Reminds me of college days.

Here's a thread I had created back in 2007 (Man, I feel old already!). My classmate created the car for his project and I got to witness it through various stages of its build.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ad-turner.html
Attached Thumbnails
Build Report: Ariel Atom Replica from Kolkata-image.jpeg  

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:19   #28
BHPian

There are two words for the work done and the amazing car you have fashioned- Wow! and, respect!!

It is truly inspiring how a dream has been made into reality, with the hard work of you and your friends. The photos showed a great journey starting from the abandoned rusted engine to the final product, which looks nothing short of factory manufactured.

Wishing you and friends miles and miles of motoring and who knows, if I am lucky, I will get to see the car in Kochi, someday.
Any idea venturing into made to order productions?

Cheerio
alphadog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:19   #29
BHPian

Beautiful project there! Kudos to you guys for executing a dream project. It's not everyday that we see project cars like these. Please make it to the Kolkata Team-BHP meet. Would love to meet you and your project car.

It's just yesterday that I read an article about the Ariel Atom and how crazy it is! The yellow black theme you have given her looks stunning.

Keep it up and keep more projects coming. I would love to join you someday.

Respect.

Regards,
Neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 10:24   #30
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ezio drops the following note:

Quote:
Dear Team,

Thank you for everything.

I am currently involved with another partner for a Caterham 7 concept for Indian roads. Its the project of the new team SR1.

Hope we will be able to entertain you soon.

Regards
Ezio
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks