Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 19:29   #16

Hi My Baleno has clocked 64K. The AC has not been working. Went to Kalyani motors where I know the folks well. Th Manager told me that the AC pipe has a leakage. They quoted 9K for the pipe.

9K is expensive for a pipe Just wondering if anyone here has got the pipe replaced. If Yes, how much did you have to pay for it?
Old 19th September 2009, 21:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey, there's no way that a 'pipe' can cost that much!
Please find out more details and post them. Right now, I'd call it insufficient data.
Old 21st March 2010, 19:43   #18
BHPian

I just did a 35k service for my baleno last week. Yesterday I noticed the AC cooling was bad and I took the car to maruti service masters for checkup. After checking they told me the cooling coil was leaking and they showed me the coil after immersing it fully in a water tub and I saw the bubbles coming out at 3 places.

They suggested to replace the coil which costs Rs.12,500.

I heard that it can be fixed at local mechanic shop by welding those leaking portions. I would like to know if it is really worth fixing the problem at local shops instead of replacing the entire coil.

I am just confused that if I go to local garage, they may not do the job perfectly and the issue may crop up again and I am certainly not interested to have that headache.

I once went to a AC mechanic (subros authorised dealer) to fix the AC problem in my esteem which costed me around 12k for AC overhauling and replacing some spares but the AC was not effective and finally I sold the car itself. So I don't want to experience the same with my baleno.

Any suggestions from fellow baleno owners?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks