Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 21:26   #1
BHPian

Accord 2008 A.c Problem

Hey guys,

I baught an accord(new model) manual oct. 2008 and since it was winter time then ,AC wasnt used much.Now when delhi is almost boiling m having trouble with my car's A.C. It trips every 3-4 minutes for few seconds and its continous.... took the car to the dealer and they topped up the A.C gas but to no avail :(
The problem is still there.....its irritating coz every 3-4 minutes the chillness in the air goes and comes back after few seconds so it takes lot of time for the car to get cool...
please help as to what can be wrong except the A.C gas.......is it something to do with the rpm as whenever it trips there is a blink in the lights as well...or is it something to do with the alternator......EXPERTS PLEASE HELP as it is a brand new car and in its first hot season its giving me trouble...

thanks in advance
Old 16th May 2009, 11:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am extremely surprised at this problem coming up in a new Accord. Obviously your compressor is kicking in intermittently. Mostly, it's your compressor clutch that is the problem. Have the clutch relay and / or clearance checked up.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:10   #3
BHPian

Took my car to the dealer today......they checked the car and came with a response that its a feature(problem) which is there in the new accord specially the manual......its suppose to be a cut off when there is a change in rpm....but i have my serious doubts as the compressor is tripping after every 30 seconds.....its just too often...

Is anyone using the new accord manual facing the same problem???
please help....

thanks..
Old 19th May 2009, 18:57   #4
BHPian

08 accord AC

Mine is july08,manual. On a red light the AC compressor did cut off once and we were left sweating for 30-40secs. It came back when car started moving again. This happened around a month back but did not happened again.

I will ask the dealer to have a look in my next service. If it happens again, i will post here.

@autozoniac, kindly update the thread regarding the solution from honda
Old 20th May 2009, 11:07   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post
Took my car to the dealer today......they checked the car and came with a response that its a feature(problem) which is there in the new accord specially the manual......its suppose to be a cut off when there is a change in rpm....but i have my serious doubts as the compressor is tripping after every 30 seconds.....its just too often...

please help....

thanks..
The RPM cut-off used to be a feature of older (underpowered) cars whereby a full throttle would cut off the compressor (e.g. while overtaking on the highway). However, I haven't come across a modern 100+ BHP sedan with this feature anymore. Also, if it is there in your Accord, the compressor should cut off only at high rpms. From your posts, I get the impression that the problem takes place over normal drives in the city as well. Get in touch with Honda customer service directly or try another dealer. The current dealer seems incompetent.

Also, please do not type with excessive dots..........like............this. It results in poor readability.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:50   #6
BHPian

Thanks sharad for sharing some info.will surely keep u updated on this.

I have spoken to honda one-2-one and they have assured me that somebody will get back to me asap.I plan to take my car to ring road honda this time in gurgaon as last i took it to pearl honda which wasnt useful much. Any tips on which dealer i should go to??
Also what exactly should be done ? should they take the compressor off or is there a way to check the compressor clutch relay and clearance while on the move coz its usually happens when the car is on move but its so frequently that i am scared to drive the car as i feel compressor mite pack off...
Old 21st May 2009, 14:00   #7
BHPian

dealer honda

@autozoniac, I am going to Prime Honda,Ghaziabad since 1999 (my first honda). I must admit that the service/attention quality has fallen several notches in past few years but still they are head and shoulders above the kind of service i get for my Toyota(Uttam) and Hyundai(Nimbus). They were the first dealer/outlet for Honda motor in Delhi NCR and in early days it was managed by Honda directly. I know a few people as far as Lucknow who get their accidental repairs done at Prime,Ghaziabad just for a better job.

If u wish to get more details for a good service advisor at Prime Honda then pm me.
Old 23rd May 2009, 22:07   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozoniac View Post

please help....

thanks..
What is the rpm at the time ac tripps, is it the same at all time when ac tripps and i hope it is never below 1k.
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:33   #9
Team-BHP Support

Whats the temperature setting you are running, and is it on auto mode or manual?
Old 24th May 2009, 00:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Does it have a climate control or just plain AC. ?
Old 24th May 2009, 01:01   #11
BHPian

I had a similar problem in my DICOR and culprit was high charge pressure.
you can ask A.S.S people to reduce A/C charge pressure and then see if it helps. High pressure causes compressor to cut-off, its a safety feature to protect A/C components.
hope this helps
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:21   #12
BHPian

Hi Guys thanks for all the suggestions.

The problem is still intact as i was out of town and wasnt able to take it to the dealer.
It has automatic climate control and the a.c trips every 30 seconds.
Incidently i sat in one of my friends civic and found the same problem, strangely he has been driving the car since last 2 years but dint realise it till i told him about the details of the problems in his car. I guess car getting cooled is more important.

I plan to take it to the dealer soon and give it a last try , if the problem persists then i will probably sell this car and buy some other car......:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks