Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 07:16   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
4) The horn button seems to have worn out. Sometimes the horn doesn't sound and you have to press it harder, or press from a different location. All small things, but are these common with anyone?
I had faced the same issue with my horn on my Superb. Autobahn Sewri had recommended a change during my third service but didn't have the part - so I postponed it. They however replaced it under a Skoda Horn Campaign when I gave the car in for my fuel pump failure even though the car is out of warranty. You should take it to them in my view.
Old 9th December 2013, 16:58   #347
Team-BHP Support

re: TSI Power, My Skoda Laura vRS. EDIT: 53k kms up!

The car has been dropped at the service centre today, with a few jobs to be carried out.

The odometer was a shade below 30k kms.

All 4 brake discs are being changed, this time the service advisor said it would last another 3k kms, but I just asked him to finish it off this time.

The front LH axle boot was torn, and that is being replaced.

The front suspension linkages are being replaced under warranty.

I made them scan the car with VAS in front of me, and made them see the errors pertaining to the lights. I was told this would be taken care of too.

The headlamp switch which was changed under warranty a few months ago was the wrong part, and was meant for cars with only rear fog lamps. This should be changed too now.

Yes a few little niggles, but I think its fine considering the car is at 30k kms.
Old 10th December 2013, 21:49   #348
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All 4 brake discs are being changed, this time the service advisor said it would last another 3k kms, but I just asked him to finish it off this time.
Are the discs being changed or is it just the brake pads? Isn't 30 K a bit early for discs to be changed, especially in a manual? Views would be appreciated.
Old 10th December 2013, 22:00   #349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Are the discs being changed or is it just the brake pads? Isn't 30 K a bit early for discs to be changed, especially in a manual? Views would be appreciated.
Whoops, that was a typo. I meant the pads. The pads were changed, so were the linkages and the axle boot, but not under warranty. The headlight switch was changed to the right part.

Apparently the front RH fog lamp is on its way out, that is causing the open circuit issues. The part wasn't in stock since apparently the RS uses different bulbs. The issue should be sorted after that.

On the whole a smooth experience.
Old 22nd December 2013, 17:47   #350
Team-BHP Support

So heres an update, the front fog lamp bulb which was supposedly spoilt arrived in stock yesterday. But day before night while driving the car all the right side bulbs went off i.e the DRL, the low beam, the high beam, and brake lamps. I had a suspicion that just a fog lamp bulb on its way out couldn't have been causing the headlamp to flicker, etc.

Sent the car yesterday and apparently the fuse box is gone, a few fuses melted. So its at the service station waiting to get this done under warranty. Should have the car back tomorrow hopefully, and I hope this is the end to all these little problems.

Besides this, its been a joy till date and even more so after the remap.
Old 27th December 2013, 10:42   #351
Team-BHP Support

Got the car back with the fuse box changed under warranty. Even the fog lamp bulb which was on its way out was replaced. It was all done on time, and I'm honestly quite happy with the Skoda service I have received. Of course I did spend a bit of time there in getting acquainted with the Manager and Asst. Manager so that may have helped.

But whats worth noting is that pretty much whatever was changed under warranty was done after the remap, so that should lay to rest the fears many people had about it being detected, etc. I mean if there is some major engine trouble then I guess it may be detected, but I will have it flashed back to stock before I get the car sent to the workshop.

So well besides the niggles of the past 2 weeks the car has been exceptional. Its just so much fun to drive. The braking is more than sufficient after changing the pads, and I don't see any need to upgrade them even with the extra power.

Now talking about the extra power, I can't use more than 40% throttle in first or more than 60% in second or the damn traction control light comes on. But these are on concrete roads where traction isn't as good as tarmac anyway. But its a good indicator of the extra power because earlier with the 225 Michelin PS3s I could do whatever the hell I wanted with the throttle on any road and the traction control light never came on.

Driveability has improved, and less throttle needs to be used now. The mileage seems to have gone up by 1kmpl, though that may just be the cold weather too. Will have a better answer on this in the summer months.

All in all I'm happy with the map.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 15:11   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Nice! Was long overdue I suppose.

But this time decided to give it an extended run on 97 (about 3 tank fills) . 97 makes quite a difference I must say. The car feels a lot more smoother, with instant power delivery and the engine note also feels sportier. Lesson learnt : The ECU take some time to adapt to the higher octane fuel. Even within city, the engine is happier and big throttle inputs are much more gratifying. Downside is the price and availability. Speed 97 costs Rs. 103/litre here[/url]
Hi Santoshbhat,
I was also contemplating of filling my car(Polo TSi) with Speed 97. can you please help me with the following
1) I thought Speed 97 is also mixed with additives, any idea about this?
2) Where do you fill(which petrol pump in Bangalore)?
Regards,
Rohan

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 10th January 2014 at 15:12.
Old 10th January 2014, 15:46   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Hi Santoshbhat,
I was also contemplating of filling my car(Polo TSi) with Speed 97. can you please help me with the following
1) I thought Speed 97 is also mixed with additives, any idea about this?
2) Where do you fill(which petrol pump in Bangalore)?
Regards,
Rohan
Answering your queries in the same order

1) Yes Speed 97 is supposed to be pre mixed with some additives. Though I am not sure, it may just be higher octane fuel and they are calling it Speed 97.

2) Very few pumps stock Speed 97 these days. I fill up at Nagpal's garage on Residency Road. Most high end cars in Bangalore supposedly fill up here. So purity is assured and I can vouch for the same.

In my experience it takes some time for the ECU to adapt to 97. My car is remapped so the impact of 97 octane may be more.

Be warned, you may never again feel like filling up regular petrol after tasting 97 octane
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 21:03   #354
Team-BHP Support

Bad news -

So I wasn't in the car, but my driver was driving and apparently a cabbie drove out of a lane and hit the car. It was a Fiat and they have those things sticking out on the rear bumpers. That got caught in our front bumper and ripped it off. So now the car is sitting at the service centre and needs a new front bumper, new fog lamp grille and apparently some impact bar needs minor work. While the Insurance survey happened the next day i.e Saturday itself, as expected the vRS bumper is not in stock and due to the year ending parts are not being dispatched from the factory till the 4-5th of April. Guess its going to be another 2 weeks till I get it back.

This just makes my hate for cabbies more, I mean what more can I say. Its ridiculous. And to be honest I'm not that irritated with Skoda, since the vRS didn't really sell much I always expected the car to be off the roads for a while in case the front bumper was ever damaged. The office has given us a Dzire as a replacement till the vRS comes back, have told my driver it is his punishment to drive the Dzire till the vRS is back
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 21:51   #355
BHPian

Sad news indeed. Cabbies? you may not have much exposure to rickshaw walas in suburbs due to your location. Rickshaw drivers(?) tend to be lower age group individuals and damn reckless bunch.

Right. No way Skoda is going to have vRS parts around. I do find it strange that shipments out are suspected for year end work. In modern times inventory should be up-to-date at all times.

I wish a speedy recovery to the vRS!
Old 1st April 2014, 00:06   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad news -

So I wasn't in the car, but my driver was driving and apparently a cabbie drove out of a lane and hit the car.

This just makes my hate for cabbies more, I mean what more can I say.
I first wondered what bit got caught on the vRS' bumper, and then as I realized and read on, I literally cringed as I pictured the bumper being sheared off by the wayward cabbie. Here's hoping you have your royal steed back in action soon.

Mumbai's rickshawala's and cabbies are equally bad if you ask me, but I fear our wayward bikers the most. God knows when one of those Uday Chopra wannabes will damage one's beloved car with their haphazard lane-cutting.
Old 1st April 2014, 08:29   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Bad news -

While the Insurance survey happened the next day i.e Saturday itself, as expected the vRS bumper is not in stock and due to the year ending parts are not being dispatched from the factory till the 4-5th of April. Guess its going to be another 2 weeks till I get it back.
Not surprising at all. At around 18500km, the alternator in my vRS was replaced under warranty. Luckily the vehicle was not offroad, as it was only an abnormal noise. Still the part reached the dealer only after 11 days

I had asked them in mail, whether they have any emergency spare part ordering systems or not (criticial aggregates reaching across the country in less than 3-5 days if vehicle is under warranty), to which the dealer promptly replied it will take 2 weeks. Good to know that Skoda India is atleast keeping stock of vRS body parts.

Last edited by avinash_clt : 1st April 2014 at 08:42. Reason: correction in data
Old 1st April 2014, 14:59   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bad news -

have told my driver it is his punishment to drive the Dzire till the vRS is back
Didn't mean to like the post, but the last line was hilarious. There are few instances when you need to take these with a pinch of salt. Fix it and forget it.

Wish that you get back the car with a lot of shine. Take care.

a driver driving a VRS is indeed a lucky bloke

drive safe
Old 1st April 2014, 15:14   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Guess whats better than a driver driving a VRS ?

A driver driving a remapped (Stage 1) VRS

Last edited by karan561 : 1st April 2014 at 15:16.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 15:27   #360
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I first wondered what bit got caught on the vRS' bumper, and then as I realized and read on, I literally cringed as I pictured the bumper being sheared off by the wayward cabbie. Here's hoping you have your royal steed back in action soon.

Mumbai's rickshawala's and cabbies are equally bad if you ask me, but I fear our wayward bikers the most. God knows when one of those Uday Chopra wannabes will damage one's beloved car with their haphazard lane-cutting.
Yeah there is literally a hole in the bumper where that thing cut in.

Bikers, rickshaws and cabbies in that order are the worst of drivers in Mumbai. But nothing we can do about them besides avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
Not surprising at all. At around 18500km, the alternator in my vRS was replaced under warranty. Luckily the vehicle was not offroad, as it was only an abnormal noise. Still the part reached the dealer only after 11 days

I had asked them in mail, whether they have any emergency spare part ordering systems or not (criticial aggregates reaching across the country in less than 3-5 days if vehicle is under warranty), to which the dealer promptly replied it will take 2 weeks. Good to know that Skoda India is atleast keeping stock of vRS body parts.
That is horrible to know, the TSI is much more common than the vRS and that should have gotten to them much faster. Mumbai being a big city, and reasonably close to Aurangabad I certainly hope it reaches quickly after the order is realized on the 7th of April.

Oh buddy, I don't know if Skoda Indian is keeping vRS body parts or not. Skoda cannot comment on the availability or anything until the 7th because of their year end procedures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Didn't mean to like the post, but the last line was hilarious. There are few instances when you need to take these with a pinch of salt. Fix it and forget it.

Wish that you get back the car with a lot of shine. Take care.

drive safe
Well what else can we do? Luckily there is no mechanical damage, and the quality of painting etc means it will match almost 100% to the original, so I guess I have to take it with a pinch of salt.

It will be irritating to be without the car for the next 2 weeks but what can we do?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks