Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 14:46   #301
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
In the morning or when cold starting ,the rpm will be higher for some time , but will finally settle down to the 700-800 range.
the car moving forward slowly in gear,without the acc pedal pressed is normal right? it happens in all cars i suppose!
Car moving forward is normal for cars these days. Even in AT cars it moves on it own slowly forward and in reverse without accelerator pedal being pressed.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:09   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the morning or when cold starting ,the rpm will be higher for some time , but will finally settle down to the 700-800 range.
the car moving forward slowly in gear,without the acc pedal pressed is normal right? it happens in all cars i suppose!
I agree but it shuld not go to 2000 rpm on its own.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:22   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Could you let me know the discounts offered to you.
This is the quotation I recd.
CITY VM/T
EX-SHOWROOM PRICE 882000.00
DELHI REG 43709.00
INSURANCE 25404.00
CORP DISC BANK OF AMERICA 7500.00
LESS 50% INSURANCE AMOUNT 12702.00
TOTAL ON ROAD PRICE 930911.00
You can try to get the 50% off on insurance thing into a cash discount and rather take the insurance outside all by yourself. In Hyderabad, I got a quote of Rs 20,885.00 from Bajaj Allianz without any NCB from previous years. If you owned a car earlier, you can get the NCB transfered to your new policy. Honda dealers quotation of Rs 25,404.00 for insurance is a bit pricey.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:34   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi all,
Before deciding on ANHC VMT (silver color), I read all the comments by the ANHC owners and then bought last weekend. I have two doubts.
One, in the morning time, when I start the car and put the first gear, the car starts moving itself without even pressing the accelerator (the rpm of the engine is around 2000). But this does not happen later in the day. Is it normal?
Second, I asked for the window tinting from the dealer (Asked for all 4 windows and the rear windshield). When I got the delivery of the vehicle, only the four windows was done, not the rear windshield. The reason told by the dealer was that it has a defogger/demistifier. Hence, it cannot be done. Is it true?
Any inputs on these will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Here, in Hyderabad, I did see a lot of ANHC's with the sun film on the rear window. I asked my dealer to put on sun films on my City too but now that you mention, I shall get it confirmed if its on the sides and the rear. And it could also be the case that the defogger/demistifier is not of much use here so the dealer might not bother much about it.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:35   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I agree but it shuld not go to 2000 rpm on its own.
Will check tomorrow morning.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:47   #306
BHPian

Hi,
We booked a Honda City V MT last week and are expecting delivery on the 21st of this month. I had a few accessories planned-up but my dealer has been quoting exorbitantly and also that I haven't been getting much information about the brand, variety of the product used, etc so I plan to get these done outside. It would be great if you could provide some suggestions:

1. UV treatment: Something like 3M weather treatment. I am not going for Teflon after reading in the T-BHP forum that it is not really recommended. I have been following your write-up(s) for quite sometime now and haven't seen anything being mentioned about this.

2. Under-body anti rust treatment: What kind of treatment should one prefer(Tar or Polymer based) and how much could it cost.

3. Reverse Parking sensors: The dealer quoted Rs 19,000.00 for 4 sensor model with a beep. And yes, thats the only one he quoted. I was told by fellow Bhpians that this is the quotation for Honda fitted parking sensor. I do not wish to spend so much for them. I had called-up several local vendors and there are decent(6 sensor parking) systems available for Rs 5,000.00 but I am vary of the Honda warranty becoming void. I know that you got it done at your Honda dealer itself.

Anything that I might have missed out on that and you think is necessary, please do point out.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:12   #307
BHPian

@kalyan_hyd,

1. You may want to consider 3M paint protection plan for a year; cost is around 5k. I did this and car looks definitely better.

2. waxoyl underbody protection is good, what I hear. But, Hyd being more of a dry weather place, do you want to go for it? Though it has another utility: sound deadening. I got the quote as Rs4.5k or so. I did not do it finally.

3. Parking sensors: I got IRS4 of Circuit make in 5.5k, and that too from dealer. Outside, it will be at least Rs500 cheaper if not more. This works on ultrasonic principles and has four soners/sensors. It has a small unit mounted in the dashboard that gives the proximity warning (audio as well as visual in bars), also the distance. I found it pretty accurate and useful.

Cheers
Pratim
Old 17th December 2009, 17:17   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

(Tar or Polymer based) and how much could it cost.

3. Reverse Parking sensors: The dealer quoted Rs 19,000.00 for 4 sensor model with a beep. And yes, thats the only one he quoted. I had called-up several local vendors and there are decent(6 sensor parking) systems available for Rs 5,000.00 but I am vary of the Honda warranty becoming void. I know that you got it done at your Honda dealer itself.

Anything that I might have missed out on that and you think is necessary, please do point out.
Hi kalyan.Congrats.Honda dealer fitted Xenos Reverse sensor (4 sensors) with beep for me for Rs.3800.Please enquire about this at the manager level.Please ask another Honda dealer about the price at least by phone.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:26   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Before deciding on ANHC VMT (silver color), I read all the comments by the ANHC owners and then bought last weekend. I have two doubts.

One, in the morning time, when I start the car and put the first gear, the car starts moving itself without even pressing the accelerator (the rpm of the engine is around 2000). But this does not happen later in the day. Is it normal?

Second, I asked for the window tinting from the dealer (Asked for all 4 windows and the rear windshield). When I got the delivery of the vehicle, only the four windows was done, not the rear windshield. The reason told by the dealer was that it has a defogger/demistifier. Hence, it cannot be done. Is it true?

Any inputs on these will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

First of all Congratulations on purchaisng new car, that too ANHC. Hope you will enjoy the ownership for many years to come.

My ANHC idles at 1200 RPM. I have not found it to move w/o pressing the accelerator. Generally I let the idle for few seconds (~15-20 seconds) before i put the car on the first gear. once the car starts moving the RPM increases to 2000-2200, and increases as i floor the paddle. I have never found it idling <1200 rpm during cold start. It is always at 1200 rpm in my car.

My ANHC has the sun films for the side windows as well as rear windscreen. This was fitted by the dealer free of cost as a part of the deal.

Quote:
So you finally found what you wanted !! I never knew such a thing existed.

Ipad appears to be good alternative to the regular carpc stuff.

All the best and do keep updating on the project.

Yes, i have been searching since long time. I think Apple IPAD is what i need. i heard that it would be launched by end of Q1 2010. Currently i am tryign to save money so that i can spend some 1000$ on this stuff including all accessories etc. , I will keep this thread updated as things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Car moving forward is normal for cars these days. Even in AT cars it moves on it own slowly forward and in reverse without accelerator pedal being pressed.
I have never found my car moving on tis own except when it is on a slope.

Quote:
You can try to get the 50% off on insurance thing into a cash discount and rather take the insurance outside all by yourself. In Hyderabad, I got a quote of Rs 20,885.00 from Bajaj Allianz without any NCB from previous years. If you owned a car earlier, you can get the NCB transfered to your new policy. Honda dealers quotation of Rs 25,404.00 for insurance is a bit pricey.
Insurance is a matter of solicitation. Every policy would be different, every claim would be looked into in a different way. hence i always recommend to discuss the Insurance related aspects in a holistic way including method and process of claim settlement, time taken to settle the claim, what sort of claims/parts/incidences are not covered, Cash/Cash-less settlements, NCBs, how IDV is calulated, how the premiums of second/thrid year are calculated etc etc. Just discussing the price is of no use.

Quote:
Hi,

We booked a Honda City V MT last week and are expecting delivery on the 21st of this month.

It would be great if you could provide some suggestions:

1. UV treatment: Something like 3M weather treatment. I am not going for Teflon after reading in the T-BHP forum that it is not really recommended. I have been following your write-up(s) for quite sometime now and haven't seen anything being mentioned about this.

2. Under-body anti rust treatment: What kind of treatment should one prefer(Tar or Polymer based) and how much could it cost.

3. Reverse Parking sensors: The dealer quoted Rs 19,000.00 for 4 sensor model with a beep. And yes, thats the only one he quoted. I was told by fellow Bhpians that this is the quotation for Honda fitted parking sensor. I do not wish to spend so much for them. I had called-up several local vendors and there are decent(6 sensor parking) systems available for Rs 5,000.00 but I am vary of the Honda warranty becoming void. I know that you got it done at your Honda dealer itself.

First of all Congratulations on booking your new ANHC, so it is exciting time in your home right now with everyone eagerly waiting for the new car.

I have never opted for UV treatment and under body rust treatments.

I feel these are all just gimmics. if a 10L car needs all these things then there is no use of the paints and other treatments already by the car manufacturer. If the weather is highly corrosive, then the antirust would help, i do not think weather like Bangalore, hyderabad etc need these things. Again it is my view, you may choose to get these things done, nothing harmful to the car for sure.

I would suggest you to negotiate with the dealer for the bundled deal.

I got all my accessories as a free bundle from the dealer himself. This includes SUN Films, Reverse parking sesors, Pillows, Ganesha statue and Tissue Box, Car perfume.

Apart from these i would suggest you to go for a memory stick 4GB/8GB to store your songs, some owners have upgraded the stock headlights (i have not done yet), I have bought a neck support cushion for front seats costing RS 250/-

If you try to get all these yourself, and then if the bumper needs to be replaced, it would be a big hastle to first get the sensors removed, then new bumper fixed at the dealer, then go to the after market shop to get the sensors fitted again etc.

Warrantee issue is not that serious, with good relationship with the dealer and service advisors you can get many things done. The key thing is there has to be one agency responsible for maintaining the vehicle, too many cooks would spoil the meal.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:02   #310
BHPian

Thanks for the prompt reply, Pratim. I love the color of your car, have been on your car thread, reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
@kalyan_hyd,
1. You may want to consider 3M paint protection plan for a year; cost is around 5k. I did this and car looks definitely better.
Yes, will ask my dealer about that. The only problem is with the prices, there seems to be no rationalizing system, everyone quotes what they feel like. More than once, I've been treated like 'Sir, you are going for a 10 lac car and thinking of Rs 4,000.00', etc.

Quote:
2. waxoyl underbody protection is good, what I hear. But, Hyd being more of a dry weather place, do you want to go for it? Though it has another utility: sound deadening. I got the quote as Rs4.5k or so. I did not do it finally.
Well, my dealer said the same. I think I'll wait until the onset of the next monsoon here.

Quote:
3. Parking sensors: I got IRS4 of Circuit make in 5.5k, and that too from dealer. Outside, it will be at least Rs500 cheaper if not more. This works on ultrasonic principles and has four soners/sensors. It has a small unit mounted in the dashboard that gives the proximity warning (audio as well as visual in bars), also the distance. I found it pretty accurate and useful.
I have Xenos and RD(RajatDeep) contacts here in Hyderabad but I am vary of the Honda warranty. The problem is my dealer is not providing me any other option other than the official Honda fitted reverse parking system which costs a bomb(Rs 19,900.00 for 4 sensor beep only system). This afternoon, my sales consultant at Honda did say he'll see what he can do regarding the perking sensors.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:10   #311
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The RPM does come back to normal 700-800 rpm after a while, and also at other times (when the engine is not cold), when the engine is started the rpm stays at 700-800 rpm, not increasing to 2000 rpm.
In modern MPFI cars, the ECU controls this. The RPM is raised initially for the engine to attain the normal running temperature faster. Usually the rise is to about 1300 levels, more may be due to the colder climate. But since your car idles at the normal RPM once hot, I feel it is normal.

When it is above idle RPM, the car can move without accelerator input when you release the clutch.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:30   #312
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Insurance is a matter of solicitation. Every policy would be different, every claim would be looked into in a different way. hence i always recommend to discuss the Insurance related aspects in a holistic way including method and process of claim settlement, time taken to settle the claim, what sort of claims/parts/incidences are not covered, Cash/Cash-less settlements, NCBs, how IDV is calulated, how the premiums of second/third year are calculated etc etc. Just discussing the price is of no use.
I agree with you to a certain level. I did do some comparison, (this is totally IMHO). The IDV I quoted[8,99,000.00(ex-showroom price in Hyderabad) - 5%] to get a quotation from Bajaj Allianz(which is one of the 5 insurance companies Honda Assure program partners with) was the same as Honda dealer was calculating. Regarding the process of claim, since Bajaj Allianz already partners with Honda, they will entertain cash-less claims. There are certain differences like when one goes through Honda Assure, certain damages do not need an inspection or an approval by the insurance company but in my case, each and every time I put forth a claim, there will be an inspection and approval process involved.

Quote:
First of all Congratulations on booking your new ANHC, so it is exciting time in your home right now with everyone eagerly waiting for the new car.
You bet. No-one else is as excited about this as I am. Thanks for the wishes. I was between Ford Fiesta and Honda City, but after reading a few threads on T-BHP I finalized on ANHC.

Quote:
I have never opted for UV treatment and under body rust treatments.
You make a great point here. I never needed any of these on our Santro either which we used for the past 4 1/2 years without any issues.

Quote:
I would suggest you to negotiate with the dealer for the bundled deal.
I am getting a corporate discount of Rs 15,000.00 and a chance to pick-up accessories worth Rs 3,000.00 free.

Quote:
Apart from these i would suggest you to go for a memory stick 4GB/8GB to store your songs
Well, yes, I already have a couple of them (2 GB and 8 GB ones). I also have a 40GB MP3 player, but I guess that is not suggested to be put in the car.

Quote:
If you try to get all these yourself, and then if the bumper needs to be replaced, it would be a big hastle to first get the sensors removed, then new bumper fixed at the dealer, then go to the after market shop to get the sensors fitted again etc.
True. I'll see if my dealer can provide me with an option. Else, I'll call off the reverse parking system for now.
Old 17th December 2009, 18:50   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree with you to a certain level. I did do some comparison,
I suggest you go with the best deal considering the time and ease of claim factors because, everyday your car spends int he garage while repairs, you will burn cash any way for your regular commuting. couple of thousands upfront does not matter.

Quote:
You bet. No-one else is as excited about this as I am. Thanks for the wishes. I was between Ford Fiesta and Honda City, but after reading a few threads on T-BHP I finalized on ANHC.
I know how much would be the excitement. I have gone through the experience twice now, we boys will remain boys when it comes to our cars (and of course our girls)

Quote:
I am getting a corporate discount of Rs 15,000.00 and a chance to pick-up accessories worth Rs 3,000.00 free.
Good thing, My personal opinion is Honda dealers are flexible here, one needs to know the right way of negotiation, Being Savy and Persuasive would help. Successful negotiators never allow the deal to break and do not leave the table.

Quote:
Well, yes, I already have a couple of them (2 GB and 8 GB ones). I also have a 40GB MP3 player, but I guess that is not suggested to be put in the car.
Great, more the better, I recommend to keep all the sticks loaded with music, different sticks with differ types of music if you wish

Quote:
True. I'll see if my dealer can provide me with an option. Else, I'll call off the reverse parking system for now.
You can also take support from your sales consultant at the dealer place, he will help you to get the after market sensor fitted at the dealer workshop. you might have to pay the labour cost. This is another way to keep the warrantee going. I am not sure this will work at every dealer, but you can try.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:09   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
About the parking sensor, the type Honda guys showed me required the dash to be drilled to mount the display. It also sits oddly on the dash.
There is another variety, where the display comes on the rear view mirror which I think an extremely useful thing becasue you get the rear view as well as info in one place.
Old 17th December 2009, 20:19   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
About the parking sensor, the type Honda guys showed me required the dash to be drilled to mount the display. It also sits oddly on the dash.
There is another variety, where the display comes on the rear view mirror which I think an extremely useful thing becasue you get the rear view as well as info in one place.
No display on the dash for me then. The second variety suits me as far as they don't have to put another rear view mirror over the stock one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks