Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2010, 11:07   #256
BHPian

Re: slip disc treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Thanks very much, really appreciate it !! Then I can keep my car & probably even drive a 911 someday

Cheers
I sure do hope so man.. and if that day comes..you owe me a ride man!!!
Old 8th December 2010, 11:36   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Yup sad indeed. But if I cannot drive it what's the point ?
I have a dislocated disc, so getting in a low car or out of it makes me look & feel like a 80 year old or worse. Hence the decision. I agree that the W 124 is a VERY comfortable car in terms of seating, suspension & everything else. BUT if getting in & out is a issue, what is the point ?

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post

i took a month long vacation, planned a trip to kerala and underwent extensive ayurvedic treatment with medication and massages, with a very strict diet. i am telling you man within a year i started heavy lifts again and till date not even a trace of it.. So try it. because its not good to just keep it unattended.

Take care man!
Hey buddy,

After having followed your journey with the 'E', it was gut wrenching to read you having 'to give her away' due to your back.

Thank God for Konjaril and his brilliant advice. Guess you've been working quite hard and this is one way for your body to tell you its time to indulge in some R&R. And what better a time than this holiday season to put your work on hold and take off with your family.

So keep the faith and hold onto that baby of yours. Trust me, you just might enjoy her for longer, as intended.

Cheers
Old 8th December 2010, 20:04   #258
BHPian

re: Mercedes E 250d W124

Hey Ricky,

Were you by any chance heading towards 32 milestone from the sector 45 road today around noon? My dad said he saw a new looking white W124. He was heading the opposite way in a black E220.
Old 8th December 2010, 20:56   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
Hey Ricky,

Were you by any chance heading towards 32 milestone from the sector 45 road today around noon? My dad said he saw a new looking white W124. He was heading the opposite way in a black E220.

Well that is close to where I live so it could be my car.

cheers
Old 8th December 2010, 21:58   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Well that is close to where I live so it could be my car.

cheers

If you fit the description of, "youngish looking guy wearing glasses" then it was most likely you and your car!

:-)
Old 9th December 2010, 15:31   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
If you fit the description of, "youngish looking guy wearing glasses" then it was most likely you and your car!

:-)

LOL !! That description can fit me, depending on the definition of "Young-ish"

Cheers
Old 16th December 2010, 21:54   #262
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
I really feel bad you have to part with the car man. i almost feel like i am parting with my own caar..kidding..

this is terribly off topic here ricky, but i had got a major slip disc 3 years ago while doing a heavy weight lift.. i know what pain you are talking about. To top it all my left leg main nerve got caught between the disc and blood supply to the particular leg diminished. doctors recomended surgery but i found out after a lot of reading that surgery is not advised.

i took a month long vacation, planned a trip to kerala and underwent extensive ayurvedic treatment with medication and massages, with a very strict diet. i am telling you man within a year i started heavy lifts again and till date not even a trace of it.. So try it. because its not good to just keep it unattended.

Take care man!
Ya even i was recommended the ^^ same and heard it works very well ,its called pizhichal i guess.

i too have disk prolapse and it pains like hell sometimes,but actually for me if my back muscles are strengthened then i will be fine.

I too went to all docs and all of them recommended operation but at last i went for physiotherapy and i am ok now.but still doc has asked me to exercise everyday ,its 1 years since i excercised
Old 31st December 2010, 20:44   #263
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes E 250d W124

Have not used the W124 for a month. so today I had to start it - actually jump start it. After starting headed straight to the AMARAON dealer. The battery is OK = was discharged due to non-use for over a month.

So jump started it with my Skoda, one self & she roared to life. got battery checked = fine

Just need to run the car more often.....(with a bad back )

The car is a pleasure to drive any which way !!!!!!!!

Cheers
Old 29th January 2011, 16:41   #264
Senior - BHPian

Update :

After standing with it's head held high (though not being used regularly) the battery of the car gave up. So put it on the invertor to charge overnight, this was about 10 days ago. Next morning the battery was fully charged & started up the old lady with a single crank inspite of the biting cold in the morning.

Drove it for 2 days just to make sure the battery was upto it.

Then the new Pajero came and grabbed most of my attention ,the Merc was sulking in dis-use. Trying to start it today, was a huge shock. There was not even enough charge to illuminate the dash lights, let alone bring the engine to life.

So off I went to the Amaron dealer & got a brand new battery straight away. Had it fitted & turned the ignition key. What do you think happened ?

She started at first crank & settled into a comfortable idle, for some reason it made me smile. And smile I did, infact almost jumped with glee. Though I have put the car up for sale, I just felt a great sense of attachment (???) I do not know.

But it was a great feeling driving her after she was lying without any battery power. I'm loving it ! Seems like falling in love all over again !!!!

Just had to share this with the team !!

Cheeerrrzzzz !!
Old 1st September 2011, 20:54   #265
Senior - BHPian

The customary drive once a week or 10 days gets me smiling each & every time. The ride is brilliant. Why oh why do I need to part with it ??

Destiny ? I guess so !

Cheers
Old 6th September 2011, 00:50   #266
BHPian

Quote:
The customary drive once a week or 10 days gets me smiling each & every time. The ride is brilliant. Why oh why do I need to part with it ??

Destiny ? I guess so !

Cheers
So, why are you selling her anyways? Are you facing any problems with her which you might be willing to share?
Old 6th September 2011, 10:07   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
So, why are you selling her anyways? Are you facing any problems with her which you might be willing to share?

My friend it is my back that is giving me problems NOT the car Just read the past few posts & you shall know the REAL reason !! LOL

Cheers
Old 11th September 2011, 18:31   #268
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE

The Merc finally said good bye & is now with an avid classic car fan & collector. Nice to know that it would be cared for by the new owner.

Cheers
Old 11th September 2011, 18:33   #269
Senior - BHPian

how much you sold it for ???
Old 12th September 2011, 22:17   #270
Senior - BHPian

I lost money selling the car for the reason I spent like I would keep it forever (that was the intention)

But I am happy to say that it has gone to a classic car lover who will cherish it for a long time to come & keep it in pristine condition.

It only gets better !!!!!!

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks