Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 14:20   #391
Senior - BHPian

Hey C_L,

great snaps there, a fantastic sign off for a fantastic travelogue.
you kept everyone interested.

thanks for sharing , a round of applause to you and your beloved lady.
may your tribe increase.

Old 30th November 2009, 15:08   #392
BHPian

hi Chevy_Lover, your travelogue is great, great writing and snaps, the last sunset snaps are pretty good, how did you take them?

when i started the first page, couldn't stop reading non-stop for six hours. Fantastic ability you have got. So when is the next one coming?
Old 1st December 2009, 11:46   #393
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, thanks a lot for the comments. I am really happy that you liked my travelogue and photos.

@Majic, the last set of photos were taken during some of our road trips. Yes, I always have my camera ready, whenever I go out of Pune.

@Srikanth, thanks for the compliments. The second photo of the sunset was taken with my N95. The third photo was clicked with my SLR. I adjusted the ev compensation and shutter speed to get the red glow of the setting sun.

@Longdrivelover, yes, I am brimming with excitement whenever I return from my trips. I take great care in arranging my photos and I do share it with my family and friends. Then I write travelogues in different websites, if the journey was truly interesting. I have written in Rediff, Mouthshut and Travellibrary.

I feel that I must inspire more people to visit the places that I have been to. Writing about my experiences is one way of doing it. I put in lots of effort in making my narration as simple as possible, so that even a ten year old child can understand it!

I will know that I achieved my goal, when people like you appreciate my work.

Thanks once again to everyone who bothered to reply!

Second set of photos coming up shortly.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:15   #394
BHPian

Wow, looking forward to the second set of photos
Old 1st December 2009, 13:06   #395
BHPian

Wow. CL, I have been out for 4 days and you completed your travelouge and started posting pictures. I beleive by now everyone has appreciated your trip and the photos, but I still want to give ny views because I believe there is one aspect of the trip that was not mentioned by others. Apart from the writing on road conditions (with visual effects) You have provided us with valuable information on highway driving and especially focused on the part that

*If you are not having enough rest, no matter what take rest and then proceed with your journey

* Better take good care of your vehicle. I am talking about the tyre burst and later the amount of time you spent for fixing everything to the core before proceeding further. Trust me a lot of us dont do it as we want to cover the maximum distance in order to accomodate all the plans we made for the trip.

You have encountered a lot of things and you never shyed away from sharing those information from us (I am talking about you touching speeds of 120 KM/Hr and the number of Icecreams you guys have every day ).

Starting from Tyre burst to taking care of health issues you have taken everything on a positive note. I would like to thank you for taking me to these places with your amazing writing skills. You have already inspired me to travel a lot so i believe that your goal of making people to visit places has already found a taker. I did travel a lot when i was in US, but coming back my passion subsided due to my age factor of my Kid. I will find a way to travel more and hopefully one day I will start my own travelouge.
Old 1st December 2009, 18:44   #396
Senior - BHPian

Second set of pics....

Fort Aguada, Goa
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-fort-aguada-goa.jpg

Gaganbawda ghat near Kolhapur. One of the most dangerous ghats that I have driven through in India!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-gaganbawda-ghat-near-kolhapur.-most-dangerous-ghat-i-have-driven-through-india.jpg

Got this amazing pic enroute to Nasik!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-got-amazing-pic-enroute-nasik.jpg

He must have been panting when he painted this!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-he-must-have-been-panting-when-he-painted-.jpg

Highway in Tamilnadu. so good.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-highway-tamilnadu.-so-good.jpg

Highway near Davangere, Karnataka
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-highway-near-davangere-karnataka.jpg

Highway to Salem!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-highway-near-salem-tamil-nadu.jpg

Highway to Bangalore, captured near Pune
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-highway-bangalore-captured-near-pune.jpg

House boat in Panaji, Goa. You can go to the sea in these boats every evening
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-house-boat-panaji-goa.-you-can-go-sea-these-boats-every-evening.jpg

India moves forward in MRF Tyres.....
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-india-moves-forward-mrf-tyres.....jpg

Lake in Wai
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-lake-wai.jpg

Light at the end of the tunnel! A view from Malshej!!
Name:  Light at the end of the tunnel A view from Malshej.JPG
Views: 4083
Size:  135.3 KB

Lonavala water falls
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-lonavala-water-falls.jpg

Malshej Ghat
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-malshej-ghat-2.jpg

Malshej Ghat
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-malshej-ghat.jpg

Malshej Ghat
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-malshej-ghats.jpg

Malshej Tunnel
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-malshej-tunnel.jpg

Metro Rail_New Delhi! The pride of India!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-metro-rail_new-delhi_the-pride-india.jpg

Moon! Ever thought that it is so beautiful?
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-moon-.jpg

Most common means of transport in rural India. Captured at Wai, near Mahabaleshwar!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-most-common-means-transport-rural-india.-captured-wai-near-mahabaleshwar..jpg

Naini Lake! Nainital
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-naini-lake_nainital.jpg

National Highway 4 in Maharashtra @ 130 km/hr
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-national-highway-4-maharashtra-130-km-per-hr.jpg

National Highway 17 through Karnataka, we did not see any living thing for almost an hour!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-national-highway-17-through-karnataka-we-did-not-see-any-living-thing-almost-hour.jpg

NH4, the beautiful highway to Bangalore
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-nh4-beautiful-highway-bangalore.jpg

NH in Dindigul, Tamil Nadu. So beautiful!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-nh-dindigul-tamil-nadu.-so-beautiful.jpg

Public swimming pool constructed on the road in Kannur as a part of cost cutting measures!!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-public-swimming-pool-constructed-road-kannur-part-cost-cutting-measures.jpg

Rain God is pouring buckets of water....
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-rain-god-pouring-buckets-water....jpg

Road to Malshej Ghats....
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-road-malshej-ghats.jpg

Salt evaporation ponds near the sea, close to Diveagar!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-salt-evaporation-ponds-near-sea-close-diveagar.jpg
Old 1st December 2009, 18:56   #397
BHPian

Wow, so beautiful. I am speechless. You have some of the stunning picture collection from all over India. Keep posting more. I keep checking this post every hour to see if there is any update. Amazing work!
Old 1st December 2009, 23:10   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Wow. CL, I have been out for 4 days and you completed your travelouge and started posting pictures. I beleive by now everyone has appreciated your trip and the photos, but I still want to give ny views because I believe there is one aspect of the trip that was not mentioned by others. Apart from the writing on road conditions (with visual effects) You have provided us with valuable information on highway driving and especially focused on the part that

*If you are not having enough rest, no matter what take rest and then proceed with your journey

* Better take good care of your vehicle. I am talking about the tyre burst and later the amount of time you spent for fixing everything to the core before proceeding further. Trust me a lot of us dont do it as we want to cover the maximum distance in order to accomodate all the plans we made for the trip.

You have encountered a lot of things and you never shyed away from sharing those information from us (I am talking about you touching speeds of 120 KM/Hr and the number of Icecreams you guys have every day ).

Starting from Tyre burst to taking care of health issues you have taken everything on a positive note. I would like to thank you for taking me to these places with your amazing writing skills. You have already inspired me to travel a lot so i believe that your goal of making people to visit places has already found a taker. I did travel a lot when i was in US, but coming back my passion subsided due to my age factor of my Kid. I will find a way to travel more and hopefully one day I will start my own travelouge.
Hey ElantraGT, thanks for that detailed review. I loved it.

My travelogue is as transparent as possible. I have written all the details and finer points of our trip.

The two points you mentioned are the most important. Without proper rest, my reflexes WILL become slower and that is something I cannot afford in the Indian highways, where vehicles overtake at every possible juncture. If a driver's eyes close for even a second, anything can happen.

I also conducted a small test during our trip to understand the implications of falling asleep while driving. I was driving on the perfectly straight NH4. I was at 110 km/hr.

My test was simple. I just held my steering perfectly still, as though I was asleep. Then I counted the seconds. My Chevy would have hit the median on the 8th second! I conducted this test many times. I could never drive without adjusting my steering according to the curves of the road, for more than 8 seconds!!!

So the result of the test? If a driver falls asleep even for 6 seconds, an impact is almost sure! And if the road is congested, the time of impact is less than 4 seconds.

The second point is the condition of my Chevy. His safety is of utmost importance to me, hence I make sure that he is in perfect condition. I will have no worries then! This is one of the reasons why I bought four new tyres for my Chevy and spent close to a whole day for wheel alignment. The last thing I wanted was another tyre burst in the ghats. It is really not very pleasant ending up 500 feet below, in the ravine!!!

I hope my readers will also follow these valuable safety precautions!

Well, about my speeds, I really do not want to comment! I had posted a disclaimer also earlier. Please drive safe!!!

And finally the ice-cream part! All I can say is "Enjoy to the fullest"!

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd December 2009 at 09:13. Reason: Deleting extra smiley
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:02   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian20 View Post
Wow, so beautiful. I am speechless. You have some of the stunning picture collection from all over India. Keep posting more. I keep checking this post every hour to see if there is any update. Amazing work!
Hey thanks, Aquarian20. I am happy that you liked the pics.

Team, I am putting an end to this travelogue. Someone here obviously doesn't like me continuing posting pics!

Thanks for reading.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:13   #400
Senior - BHPian

Hi C_L

Wonderful photograhs there, you have a fantastic writing style with an eye for details

i have one suggetion for you, why don't you publish a Coffee Table Book with your photographs and travel experiences. It would serve as a collection of memories, if you manage well you can also earn some money from it by selling the copies.

i would look forward for your pictures and travelogues (and book ofcourse).

Last edited by StarVegabond : 2nd December 2009 at 09:14.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:24   #401
BHPian

Cheylover, wonderful photographs, no that is just an understatement i am running out of adjectives to describe it. I dont think there is anyone bugging you not to post photographs, so please continue.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:49   #402
Senior - BHPian

@Starvegabond, it is so nice of you to give me such wonderful compliments. I will surely keep this option wide open. Thanks for the encouragement right from the start of this log. I really value your suggestions.

@Majic, thanks for the compliments. I just lost the desire to post more photos when my log received some negative ratings yesterday. I think someone doesn't like my log continuing. It really discouraged me. I spend hours everyday posting pics, with my N95's GPRS.

But I will continue posting for you and lots of other readers who have been inspiring me from day 1.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:33   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hey thanks, Aquarian20. I am happy that you liked the pics.

Team, I am putting an end to this travelogue. Someone here obviously doesn't like me continuing posting pics!

Thanks for reading.
continue posting more. My day won't be complete if I don't see any updates from you. You really have some of the best collection of pictures here. Thanks once again for sharing this wonderful experience.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:55   #404
BHPian

Wonderful Photos and travelogue CL. Congratulations on a great trip and thanks for sharing every moment with us. The time you must have spent writing them down and uploading the images - Amazing.

If you have an abbreviated version, I would be interested in publishing it in a non-profit India centric website - come2india.org .
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:40   #405
Senior - BHPian

Excellent travelogue I have ever read. I am completely hooked to it and wait for your post daily.

I am eagerly waiting for your next travelogue.

- Ramesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks