Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 20:51   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Nice Morris there, Pavan. What say Stanher-Shyam/Karl, we give a 7.5 to the White one and a Standard 10 to the black covered fella?
Uh, 7.5 what?? Surely you don't mean 7.5 grand?! You won't get the car's engine for that much today!

As for giving a standard 10, I'm not parting with mine, sorry!
Old 19th January 2009, 13:19   #197
Senior - BHPian

Yes that's a cielo there it seems.. but i bet you find better examples of old Cielos' being scrapped at CST Road Kurla Mumbai any day..

You may also find some wid good 15 or 16 inch wheels and Auto Tranny..
Old 19th January 2009, 14:36   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Saw these two Morris at Basavanagudi, Neat and clean, Though one is covered.
thses two cars are on vani vilas rd , very close to where i stay , they are on sale , the prices are insane.also suggest you stay away from them.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:40   #199
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
thses two cars are on vani vilas rd , very close to where i stay , they are on sale , the prices are insane.also suggest you stay away from them.
Thank you Siddhartha,

I share no interests on a Morris. But are'nt they kept nicely
Old 12th November 2009, 17:04   #200

Need spareparts for herald

Any spareparts shops in bangalore selling parts for herald 1964 model

Here is a mk1 Herald thats been sitting in this garage for the last 2 years.

The owner is said to be reluctant in parting with it, as this was the first car he ever owned (now onws a M.van & some newer cars) & hence I couldnt pick it up (wanted it as a parts car last year- still do.)
The garage guy claims its got clear papers & said he himself is keen on picking it up eventually & making it into a convertible (turns out the owner owes him some money- 18k or so, which is not coming yet so he's in the process of taking the car away in lieu of the money)

Body is not in very great shape; infact he said that the left door is off on one hinge! Also the driver's door glass is broken thoroughly
The headlamp cowls are both kept on the rear seat though. I tried getting the horn button off (its from a Standard 10) but he told me to wait for a while until he acquired the car.[/quote]
Old 14th November 2009, 14:15   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
spotted this near a work shop in Lakdikapul,Hyderabad.
i
IT IS A 1928/29 A MODEL FORD TUDOR, WE LOVE THESE THINGS HERE IN OZ, THEY BUILD INTO GREAT NOSTALGIA RODS, AND MAKE FOR AWSOME FOUR BANGER (fLAT 4 CYL ENG) ORIGINAL RESTORATIONS TOO HOPE SOME ONE THERE HAS SAVED THIS OLD LADY!
Old 15th November 2009, 10:59   #202
Senior - BHPian

In the Bangalore Fiat 1100 club I mentioned of a Chevy Bell Air, but then the car turned out to be some thing else. It's a chevy though. I believe this one belongs to this thread. Here is a sneak picture can any one guess, wheels look familiar to us. I am unable to upload more pictures

Rest in Peace...Pics of Resting Vintage and Classics-dsc05005.jpg

Rest in Peace...Pics of Resting Vintage and Classics-chevy.jpg
Old 17th November 2009, 09:03   #203
Senior - BHPian

My Neighbours Austin Van which his father owned.
Attached Thumbnails
Rest in Peace...Pics of Resting Vintage and Classics-image002.jpg  

Rest in Peace...Pics of Resting Vintage and Classics-image003.jpg  

Rest in Peace...Pics of Resting Vintage and Classics-image004.jpg  

Old 17th November 2009, 15:51   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Very unique, thanks for posting. Can you find out who built the body? What was the van used for?
Old 17th November 2009, 19:53   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Lovely van, deutscheafrikar ! . More information please.Does it still exist in Mimbai?
Old 17th November 2009, 20:19   #206
Senior - BHPian

indeed a very unique van never seen one in India before. I am sure it had some period graphics on the side in its original avtaar. Whats the history on it? Seems its a recent entry into Maharashtra.
Old 17th November 2009, 22:01   #207
Senior - BHPian

What a lovely van, Upon searching google result showed 1950 Austin A40 Devon Van.
Old 18th November 2009, 00:23   #208
Senior - BHPian

I think they had two similar delivery vans and they were used to carry cakes, pastries, hotdogs etc.. from the bakery to the shop. This was a long time ago. Then the father passed away. This was given to one of the sons. There were other cars and vans too. I think Standard van. and some fiat cars. Anyway he restored this van. The patrawalla came home and did the tin work. This rear has been made in wood but thats been copied. It originally had two side sheet metal doors. It looks nice in the photo. The owner knows how to mantain as he keeps all his cars how you say chaka chak. He had a mercedes benz vintage car years ago. I don't the exact model. But I heard some crook cheated him and got it cheap from him. This is not a new entrant into the state. I noticed the MH number, but the vehicle has been there with them from the begining I think. The number might have changed. I will try and ask them if they have any original photos.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 18th November 2009 at 00:31.
Old 18th November 2009, 11:29   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
In the Bangalore Fiat 1100 club I mentioned of a Chevy Bell Air, but then the car turned out to be some thing else. It's a chevy though. I believe this one belongs to this thread. Here is a sneak picture can any one guess, wheels look familiar to us. I am unable to upload more pictures
Hello Manish, this must be a 1958 Chevrolet Belair. Why do you say that it turned out to be something else? Perhaps you are having a 1957 in mind.

Quote:
I think they had two similar delivery vans and they were used to carry cakes, pastries, hotdogs etc.. from the bakery to the shop. This was a long time ago. Then the father passed away. This was given to one of the sons. There were other cars and vans too. I think Standard van. and some fiat cars. Anyway he restored this van. The patrawalla came home and did the tin work. This rear has been made in wood but thats been copied. It originally had two side sheet metal doors. It looks nice in the photo. The owner knows how to mantain as he keeps all his cars how you say chaka chak. He had a mercedes benz vintage car years ago. I don't know the exact model. But I heard some crook cheated him and got it cheap from him. This is not a new entrant into the state. I noticed the MH number, but the vehicle has been there with them from the begining I think. The number might have changed. I will try and ask them if they have any original photos.
Aaah, that Merc. It was a 200 or a 230. There was a story on how it left Bandra and went to Delhi. I have a picture of the car taken at a Delhi rally with a personality driving it. Will try to pull out and post. This is a convertible, now white with black mudguards and is a part of the Choudhurie collection. Pappu of German Motors told me the story. Remember him?
About this Van, I have a doubt whether this is a conversion from a saloon car. Look at the roof, modern rear doors, I have a doubt about this. But yet a nice van.
Number plate may have changed if she was a public transport vehicle entered to a private ownership. Plates would have changed from white to black, and to white again!!

Cheers harit
Old 18th November 2009, 12:09   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Hello Manish, this must be a 1958 Chevrolet Belair. Why do you say that it turned out to be something else? Perhaps you are having a 1957 in mind.
Harit,

Please see my post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1583953-post584.html

the name Biascyane is written over the side. I saw pictures of both (belair and biascyane) on web and they look quite similar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks