Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2007, 21:33   #1
BHPian

Palio 1.6 VS ?????

Here is what i am looking for. I have rounded on Stile 1.6 but just wanted to make sure that my decision gonna back me up. Followig are details.
  • Palio 1.6 Sports, not sure bout which other cars are available at 5 Lakh with same specs i mean 1.6 eng an 100ps
  • 4.5 to 5 Lakh
  • Obviously woll prefer a low Maintenance since this is aint a Maruti i wont expect that to come thru & yeah but i prefer a great After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations.
  • 200 kms in city and say a 500 highways.
  • city and highways.
  • Self driven.
  • Yeah will be sharing it with by bro
  • Yeah prefer good space for baggage and rear seat comfort specialy for my parents( i expect that Stile 1.6 won't let me down)
  • I will keep this for my life so not bothered bout resale value.
Am just wondering if there is any other with similar similar specs(1.6 and 100Ps) and price (5 to 5.2) Lakhs?
Tough i go by specs not sure bout its performance. Does this perform as well as its specs speak?

Performance wise where can this car be placed? i mean 0-60 and 0-100 time overtaking Traffic signal drag etc?
Old 4th September 2007, 11:30   #2
BHPian

Hi,

I replied to your post yesterday. I am also planning to take 1.6 shortly. done good amount of research on the same. you can send me a personal message or can mail me your contact details to arjun.narendhra@gmail.com. we can discuss on the same before buying what do you say. i stay at Dilsukhnagar and my office is at Banjara Hills, road No 7.
Old 5th September 2007, 19:41   #3
BHPian

Guys,

please update the thread after you have got the car..

I am planning for 1.6 sport too
Old 5th September 2007, 19:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Is Fiat changing its fortunes? I wonder where did I see so many buyers of the 1.6? Ok I am going to help give an unbiased review:

Quote:
Palio 1.6 Sports, not sure bout which other cars are available at 5 Lakh with same specs i mean 1.6 eng an 100ps
None! for that price bracket. Of course you have second hand options.

Quote:
4.5 to 5 Lakh
I am sure the 1.6 fits in that budget with a few more accessories if you look at the upper limit.

Quote:
Obviously woll prefer a low Maintenance since this is aint a Maruti i wont expect that to come thru & yeah but i prefer a great After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations.
I am nearing 20,000kms in my 9 months of usage and I have not spent more than Rs. 4000/- on maintenance which includes Mobil1 oil at 10k kms which itself retails at Rs. 2,500/- for 4 liters. If you want a scanned copy of my service history then I'll be glad to pass them on. Tata's are doing a good job in Pune atleast. Bombay also has positive reviews. Check with your local service station and first and foremost rate the service center on their workshop floor. How clean they are. Are the cars properly handled? Are the tools lying scattered. These are basic checks that help in proving their service levels. See a few cars getting washed. Check if they handle the job well. Interact with a few owners who are present.

Quote:
200 kms in city and say a 500 highways.
In one month? Then you wouldn't be spending much on fuel either.

Quote:
Yeah will be sharing it with by bro
I am guessing you guys will fight for ownership

Quote:
Yeah prefer good space for baggage and rear seat comfort specialy for my parents( i expect that Stile 1.6 won't let me down)
Getz, Palio and Indica have the best rear seat in my opinion. The Swift is cramped for three at the back.

Quote:
I will keep this for my life so not bothered bout resale value.
Well thats a nice gesture. I plan to do the same.

Something more on service of my car can be seen in this thread.
Old 6th September 2007, 07:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The Palio 1.6 is an amazing car.
Go for it!
I have heard that there are some issues with reliability in the new Stile 1.6's.
Get it checked. nothing major but small niggles here and there.
Old 6th September 2007, 18:34   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The Palio 1.6 is an amazing car.
Go for it!
I have heard that there are some issues with reliability in the new Stile 1.6's.
Can you please let us know about the issues you've heard about ?
Old 6th September 2007, 22:18   #7

Hi,
How would you rate a Palio 1.1 as a first car to drive in BLR city. Also would you rate it as expensive when compare to maruti considering the fact that it has less power when compared to wagon R. I am confused if I should buy a palio or a maruti.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

You make me realize that there is no competition for the Palio 1.6 at that price range. What this car can do nothing else can do but good and bad!!!
Old 7th September 2007, 07:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
please update the thread after you have got the car..

I am planning for 1.6 sport too
Sure will update @ ~~VinZ~~ and thx for the comment.

Thx a ton for the detailed comment. @ MoralFiber

Quote:
Check with your local service station and first and foremost rate the service center on their workshop floor. How clean they are. Are the cars properly handled? Are the tools lying scattered. These are basic checks that help in proving their service levels. See a few cars getting washed. Check if they handle the job well. Interact with a few owners who are present.
Thnx a a double ton for this one. Its gonna help me a lot

Quote:
have heard that there are some issues with reliability in the new Stile 1.6's.
Thx Lamborghini for the alert, but what exactly do I need to check for?

Thx again!

Last edited by DCEite : 7th September 2007 at 08:40. Reason: Merging posts
Old 7th September 2007, 11:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Also would you rate it as expensive when compare to maruti considering the fact that it has less power when compared to wagon R. I am confused if I should buy a palio or a maruti.
As far as I am concerned i dun prefer anything from "Maruti"

Lets not compare Stile with WagonR. there are totaly 2 diff vehicles. Stile is lot better on Looks front. Comming to Bhp yeah WagonR is better but thats takes care of FE of Palio 1.1 I think its aroun 15KPL in city(correct me guys if am wrong). Now we need to talk bout built quality Stilie is far better than a Wagon R and we need talk bout the Company as a whole cuz Suzuki cant compare with Fiat

We have Swift VDi which I find people compare with Stile Sports. But thats deared by aroun 50K and since its a Diesel you may have maintenance issues. What say?
Old 7th September 2007, 11:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvasprasad View Post
Hi,
How would you rate a Palio 1.1 as a first car to drive in BLR city. Also would you rate it as expensive when compare to maruti considering the fact that it has less power when compared to wagon R. I am confused if I should buy a palio or a maruti.
I think it is little under powered, why dont you go for 1.6

Btw 1.6 would be a fun to drive machine... go for it dude!
Old 7th September 2007, 11:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
As far as I am concerned i dun prefer anything from "Maruti"

Lets not compare Stile with WagonR. there are totaly 2 diff vehicles. Stile is lot better on Looks front. Comming to Bhp yeah WagonR is better but thats takes care of FE of Palio 1.1 I think its aroun 15KPL in city(correct me guys if am wrong). Now we need to talk bout built quality Stilie is far better than a Wagon R and we need talk bout the Company as a whole cuz Suzuki cant compare with Fiat

We have Swift VDi which I find people compare with Stile Sports. But thats deared by aroun 50K and since its a Diesel you may have maintenance issues. What say?
Its all about the preference, depends what you like and dont think too far. if you are unlucky even petrol enginesw can be a pain

Swift VDI: i would take her everywhere - low running cost
Palio 1.6: raw power, dont have to tell how power feels
Old 7th September 2007, 13:00   #13
BHPian

If you plan for long term ownership, Palio is right choice. I own a 2002 Palio 1.2, I am extremely happy.

I envy you...I want to buy Palio 1.6.
Old 9th September 2007, 17:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Its all about the preference, depends what you like and dont think too far. if you are unlucky even petrol enginesw can be a pain
Said it right Lohit agree with you.
Old 9th September 2007, 17:46   #15
BHPian

Quote:
If you plan for long term ownership
Yeah it will be with me all my life
Thx PRKothan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks