Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 20:09   #1
BHPian

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT

Hi,

This Sunday morning was Nice, we woke up charged, & in a Jeffy left for Muthathi. en-route we had breakfast at Idle Mane about 17 kms before Kanakapura. Almost Near Muthathi, I was not in a mood to go there on a Sunday. As It attracts many Sprited soles will also be flooding with people all over the place. What I wanted was some peaceful adventure, so stopped at a local intersection & tried hard to express what I am looking for to the locals some how managed to tell them I want mud roads, jeep tracks not thar road & hill climb will be good addition too, so they pointed me to HariHara & then to SomePlaceIcannotRemember a school is present here, a boy & his father on a bike led us from HariHara to this place, man he was signaling all turns of the roads Humps & even road swings like kids would show a plain fly, my wife was shocked by the hospitality the chaps showed, good bless them. Later we took a right at a Banyan tree to reach Solgeri, it was good softroding between villages, on the top I met a local & asked him If we can reach Muthathi by some other forest route, motivated him by showing our winch et all, he then recommended talking to one Mr Naga forest watch man of the area & said there is a path very less traveled on foot & he might take me, so I drove further & found Naga, spoke to him & again convinced him the capabilities of the TANK, He said we will have to pay the trekking (not trucking) charges at the Muthathi, we obliged & Started the stretch.

It was Just too good, Thick forest & No one but us pure bliss, I enjoyed every meter of the 8kms track, 2 obstetrical are the challenging part, one is a steep turn & the other is about 100 mtrs of loose Rocks, need good GC to clear them, we saw a herd of elephants some 15 feet away & one of them chased us away with flapping ears & raised trunk couple of trumps were throne at us too, No pics or video's the forest guy asked my to move away quickly as we had my Wif & Kid too, but I think it was just bluffing, in any case we just moved on reached the base & vised the forest office, paid 275 rs as trekking charges for each so we paid 600 to the range officer Ravi, was quite a gentle man, later visited the watch tower some 2 kms away, took some pics & I wanted to do the same trail up this time, so we were at it. WoW was lots of fun. My Diff locks are jammed & no spotter too hence didnt clear in one go climbing up loose rocks, but we managed. Had packed Idlies for Lunch mid way, & reached the top, tipped Mr Naga INR 500 & drove down all the way to Bangalore stopped en-route for coconut water & also at Sajjan Rao circle food street for delicious Malasla dosa's, a glass of Mango milk Shake took care of all the heat & tiredness. Back home at 5:30 had left home at 7:00 Am.

A Day well spent, Let the pics & video's speak
PS: some videos were taken by the forest guard so they are not good, please pardon him & Me.

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_1895.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_1897.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_1940.jpg

More pics https://picasaweb.google.com/GurkhaS...lgeriMuthathi#

Cheers
Sunil

Last edited by hisunil : 15th May 2011 at 20:12.
Old 18th May 2011, 16:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT

Sunil,

Nice sunday you had. Did you get the receipt for the trekking charges you paid?
Old 18th June 2011, 11:43   #3
BHPian

Re: BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT

No Sir I did not!!

Was At it Again , this time My Bro & His Wife joined us too. We also did the Solagiri to Bheemeshwari stretch, although not tough, this stretch is beautiful, saw a heard of elephants, but by the time I got out & took the camera they were all but gone!! very fast moving gentle Giants.

We also managed to take the Gurkha till the IB at Solagiri, To do this we had to find an alternate route to avoid the JCB dug channel, We were told no other vehicle has visited the IB in recent past due to the digging.
The IB was Mysore Maharaj's Hunting stay, view from here is breathtaking, I am told you can see the Mysore place at night from this place.

We also tried to climb a Dam side wall with the TANK lots of fun, let the pics & video's speak.
BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_2041jpg1.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_9399jpg1.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_9362jpg1.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_2042jpg1.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_9367jpg1.jpg

BLR-Solgeri-Muthathi small unplanned ORT-img_2036jpg1.jpg

Cheers
Sunil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks