Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 00:03   #1

Getting started

Hey,
I bought a Mahindra MM 550 this time last year. I had always dreamed of off roading and owning a 4*4 vehicle. Just when the dream looked liked it's going to be rosy, suddenly it fell all apart. My Personal life nose dived so bad as if going nose first on a near 90 deg steep and full of slush ahead. The dream got stuck and is still not been able to winch out.

I ve been waiting for the day when I overcome my personal tragedy. But sadly my jeep too waits for the day when she will taste the dirt. Opportunities have come and gone but my soul and jeep still waits...

My appeal to one and all(really don't want to sound a wannabe). Whoever or whichever group plan an OTR excursion near Mumbai, please do let me know as I am eagerly waiting to savour the experience.

My email is captvicky@yahoo.com
Old 12th September 2011, 11:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getting started

The Mumbai Offroaders are quite an active lot and I'm sure you'll get many a opportunities. Just keep checking this section or contact any of the BAAP Offroaders
Old 12th September 2011, 11:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dear Captvicky,
we go for OTR twice or thrice in a month. Infact we did an awesome trail yesterday with 4 vehicle from Pune and 5 Vehicles from Mumbai. will let you know when we will go out next. BTW what tyres you have in your 550.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 12th September 2011, 20:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vicky, welcome to the offroaders community. Yes, we are an active lot especially this time of the year and as Shubhendra has mentioned, we will inform you the next time we plan.

Please share with us, pics of your ride and some special mods if carried out..

Also to offroad with us, Mud terrains are a pre requisite. No, not sounding snooty but we do a lot of terrain where you will not be able to continue until your jeep has MT tyres really, you dont want to get stuck and rescued every few meters right?

If you have army tyres ( MRF Sand grips) or NDMS also they will do but no highway tyres please.

Awaiting your pics and details of your ride.
Old 19th September 2011, 19:37   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra
Dear Captvicky,
we go for OTR twice or thrice in a month. Infact we did an awesome trail yesterday with 4 vehicle from Pune and 5 Vehicles from Mumbai. will let you know when we will go out next. BTW what tyres you have in your 550.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Dear Shubendra,
I am glad you showed interest.I ve MRF Wanderer all terrain tires on my jeep. The previous owner had put them brand new. I am open to change them to a more suitable Tires if need be. Please do inform me about your next OTR. I will try to upload some pictures soon. Thanks .
Old 19th September 2011, 19:42   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
Hi Vicky, welcome to the offroaders community. Yes, we are an active lot especially this time of the year and as Shubhendra has mentioned, we will inform you the next time we plan.

Please share with us, pics of your ride and some special mods if carried out..

Also to offroad with us, Mud terrains are a pre requisite. No, not sounding snooty but we do a lot of terrain where you will not be able to continue until your jeep has MT tyres really, you dont want to get stuck and rescued every few meters right?

If you have army tyres ( MRF Sand grips) or NDMS also they will do but no highway tyres please.

Awaiting your pics and details of your ride.
Hello V-16,
Thanks for the reply. I haven't carried out any mods as yet. I have MRF Wanderer all terrain on my jeep and appreciate your suggestion. If need be I can have them changed to a more suitable ones

I will soon upload some pictures of my ride from Delhi to ranthambore.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks