Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2008, 15:37   #16
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That greenery is soul stirring! Its places like these that truly showcase the natural beauty of India. Loved the picture of the ruins. So many stories to tell.
Old 11th July 2008, 11:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice pix Jay. Golden Beige looks great. Where did the alloy cups (? ) go ?
Using OE wipers?
2of the alloy cups fell off somwhere(days before the rajmachi trip). Yes OE wipers.. they do a decent job. The washerfluip pipe detached from the fluid tank recently causing me to have to manually wipe the glass when it got dirty on the road. Got it fixed a 2 days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarvesh View Post
i suggest you not to go alone to rajmachi if you are stuck then god help you
I travel alone to most places if there is no one to accompany.. God hasnt let me down yet. I do feel im stretching my luck though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Where you using stock H/T tyres or have you invested in A/T or M/Ts?

All stock.

Rgds
Old 11th July 2008, 11:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Wow! That greenery is soul stirring! Its places like these that truly showcase the natural beauty of India. Loved the picture of the ruins. So many stories to tell.

It certainly did stir my soul. There wernt many trekkers by the time i reached so i had the place practically to myself. The silence speaks beyond words.. and the natural sounds bring about new meaning to the word music.
Old 11th July 2008, 14:40   #19
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post

It certainly did stir my soul. There wernt many trekkers by the time i reached so i had the place practically to myself. The silence speaks beyond words.. and the natural sounds bring about new meaning to the word music.
I think western Karnataka too has loads of stunning places to visit. To me going offroad becomes all the more precious when I am exploring pristine country like this. And the monsoon season makes it all so spectacular.
Old 11th July 2009, 19:29   #20
BHPian

Hi Jay,
You post re: Rajmachi inspired me and my friend to try it out yesterday. It was raining and we started pretty late in the day because of other commitments. One fall out was that we didn't quite make it all the way to the base village, but we did try out that hillock of yours. I am putting up the pics - you might be able to verify if that was indeed the right place. Incidentally this is my first post and this was also my first attempt at 4x4. Thanks for the pointers in your post and the previous one re: Rajmachi revisited. Big help.
Attached Thumbnails
Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-1.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-7.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-8.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-9.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-2.jpg  

Old 11th July 2009, 22:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Thanks for reviving this old thread. Enjoyed going through it all over again. Nice memories.
You are however refering to this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...iscovered.html

Yes it does llook like almost the same place.
I do recollect that there are 2 different approaches to it.
Anyways, 2 questions:
1. Is the rain full on at Rajmachi ? and how slushy is it ?
2. Did you guys make up that hill ?

Do put up some more pics. Will be well worth it.

Cheers,
J
Old 13th July 2009, 17:59   #22
BHPian

Hi J,
Re your questions: There was a light drizzle some of the time. Slush and water patches in a couple of places. And, no, we didn't make it up the hill - maybe we were going about it the wrong way or maybe just not enough traction. Like I said being the first time I really can't pinpoint the fault! any way here are some more pics enroute. Some of the slushy bits you can judge for yourself. Anyway it was great fun.
Was reading in of the posts put up that off-roading is great 20 kms beyond Igatpuri towards Nashik. Maybe we'll try that next week end!
Attached Thumbnails
Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-1.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-2.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-3.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-4.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-5.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-6.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-7.jpg  

Old 14th July 2009, 21:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

NIce pics.
Do post pics and details of your offroading trip to Igatpuri, if it does happen. Will be great to find out more offroading locales.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:26   #24

Hello,
Though I'v joined the forum for over a couple of months I have been unable to post anything at all.

However this Sunday, a friend of mine and I drove in my Gypsy all the way to Rajmachi, Lonavala.

Since it's way past the paltry monsoon we had this year the road is in a terrible condition. Its completely rocky and a very jarring ride.
However with the onset of winter, the temperature was pleasant throughout the day.
We managed to reach Rajmachi in about an hour and fifteen minutes after getting off the highway- this was my first trip and was amazed at the remoteness of the place.
Towards the end of our ride in we were surprised to find an Indica heading out- the driver looked really unhappy- but the taxi registration probably meant he wasn't driving his own car!!

On the way in I had to engage 4H once because of the many rocks in the stream- I think the Indica might have placed some big ones to help him through.
We trekked up to the fort and on the way down had some tasty Kokam Sarbat and Gauthi chicken cooked by one of the locals.
With our tummies full we set out to the Shiv temple- there were a bunch of people here- they had come on bikes and were surprised to see us drive up in a car.
We found a perfect tree and napped for a good hour before heading back for Bombay. Ont he way we gave a 20 minute life to 2 women heading to a village somewhere in that wilderness.

Theres one stretch near the temple which has caved in and makes it difficult to get through- we slipped a few times and also had my rear left fender guard scraping the ground resulting in it cracking!
However the thrill of being out there alone, with the omnipresent fear of a breakdown made the whole trip a memorable one- but it's definitely deterred me from going back there without a back up car!
Old 8th December 2009, 18:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

caracass, nice you could do it. Can we have some photographs too. Indica doing Rajmachi in dry season can understand. We in Karnataka is remote find it difficult during monsoon, but in dry season M800 will do it with ease. A bit of experience in traversing through the terrrain will be sufficient for these on-roaders.
Old 8th December 2009, 18:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

20 minute life ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcass View Post
... Ont he way we gave a 20 minute life to 2 women heading to a village somewhere in that wilderness....

Hope it is an unintentional typo.
Old 8th December 2009, 19:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

Hope it is an unintentional typo.
ha ha ha. must have typed 'E' instead of 'T'
Old 9th December 2009, 11:59   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
caracass, nice you could do it. Can we have some photographs too. Indica doing Rajmachi in dry season can understand. We in Karnataka is remote find it difficult during monsoon, but in dry season M800 will do it with ease. A bit of experience in traversing through the terrrain will be sufficient for these on-roaders.
My apologies- we gave them a lifT! ha ha
Attached Thumbnails
Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3233.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3246.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3247.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3251.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3262.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3263.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3298.jpg  

Solo offroad trip to Rajmachi > Safari 2.2 4x4 on 6th July 08:-img_3303.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com