Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 16:40   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Boss, you are mistaken. I know many locals Jeepers who spent the whole day helping stuck vehicles out of trouble. I have talked about them in my report. I do agree that many of them got tired of rescuing 2WD Jeeps which were not supposed to be there. And there was local politics simmering under the surface, but such things can't be avoided in such a big mela.

Besides, there was no question of stopping 2WD drives at the last moment since they had come all the way. They would be all up in arms.
ok, i accept, but acknowledge the fact that we were trying to be self sufficient and try to pull up our estranged colleagues too,The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00884-small.jpg

The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00882-small.jpg

The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00850-small.jpg

The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00855-small.jpg
Old 30th October 2008, 16:02   #77
BHPian

HI sarath, wonderful narration and pictorials really makes me feel as if I am a part of the event. So you are one of the canon loyalists eh? but my friend D1s? Is 1DS mark II u are talking about . Whatever it is the pic of the damsel fly is awesome. And last but not the least you are one of the many reasons of my wife getting my Baleno and myself going for a Jeep. Thanks mate for that.
Old 30th October 2008, 20:06   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_sid View Post
So you are one of the canon loyalists eh? but my friend D1s? Is 1DS mark II u are talking about . Whatever it is the pic of the damsel fly is awesome.
Thanks, and cough,cough... my D1s too thanks you.

BTW, where did I mention D1s? In fact, it was shot using Olympus E3 + 50-200mm combo.
Old 31st October 2008, 01:20   #79
BHPian

Excellent,wonderful,mindblowing write-up and photolog Samurai.As everybody has pointed out,the entire narration seems like somebody is actually speaking on the mike and we are looking at a slide show!! Wowie,its really really awesome coverage of the event. Bet Mahindra would love to buy this report from you for advertising future events,if you plan to market it in the right way boss. Do please think it over!

By the way,that dragon fly shot was looking good because of the absolute blur of the background because of the high focal length and narrow depth of field you were using.But IMO,if you had managed a fixed focal length Macro lens,the result would have been fabulous.Just my 2 pence.

The passion with which you have written,the whole day without food or water on foot with heavy camera equipments,the smile of contentment on your face at the end of the day (this we didn't see though!) speaks volumes about your love for real off-roading.Kudos to you Sir.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 31st October 2008 at 01:24.
Old 31st October 2008, 07:49   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Excellent,wonderful,mindblowing write-up and photolog Samurai.As everybody has pointed out,the entire narration seems like somebody is actually speaking on the mike and we are looking at a slide show!! Wowie,its really really awesome coverage of the event. Bet Mahindra would love to buy this report from you for advertising future events,if you plan to market it in the right way boss. Do please think it over!
Thanks boss, but it is pro bono stuff. Besides, even the Mahindra guys have already read it.

Quote:
By the way,that dragon fly shot was looking good because of the absolute blur of the background because of the high focal length and narrow depth of field you were using.But IMO,if you had managed a fixed focal length Macro lens,the result would have been fabulous.Just my 2 pence.
True, but I was not carrying my Zuiko 50mm F/2 macro lens since my purpose was no macrophotography. I shot this from 6-7 ft away. I was actually trying to compose with the blurred Scorpio as part of the bokeh, but that Scorpio got disabled and never came.

Quote:
The passion with which you have written,the whole day without food or water on foot with heavy camera equipments,the smile of contentment on your face at the end of the day (this we didn't see though!) speaks volumes about your love for real off-roading.Kudos to you Sir.
Heh, heh, I think you pictured me correctly eventhough I was behind the camera.
Old 31st October 2008, 20:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, and cough,cough... my D1s too thanks you.

BTW, where did I mention D1s? In fact, it was shot using Olympus E3 + 50-200mm combo.

That was naughty , lolz i misunderstood, but honestly the effort was commendable, the lure to be in control of the steering should have been immense isn't it?? Take care friend and in future would love to see more of your detailed narration
Old 1st November 2008, 01:21   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks boss, but it is pro bono stuff. Besides, even the Mahindra guys have already read it.

True, but I was not carrying my Zuiko 50mm F/2 macro lens since my purpose was no macrophotography. I shot this from 6-7 ft away. I was actually trying to compose with the blurred Scorpio as part of the bokeh, but that Scorpio got disabled and never came.

Heh, heh, I think you pictured me correctly eventhough I was behind the camera.
Voluntary work without remuneration is acceptable when at the end of the day,the heart is so full with vivid memories which even the finest of words can't really explain.
I understand your feeling Sir....wish I was there beside you with my Lowepro full of gears on my back,my Nikon sitting on my Manfrotto,with the added garnish of real offroading in such a fine terrain.

PS: The Olympus Zuiko lens are one of the finest that is there in the business,so far as high quality of the glass is concerned.

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 1st November 2008 at 01:22.
Old 1st November 2008, 10:24   #83
BHPian

thats a Army used MM550 xdp, with 4wd, 4 speed gear and MRF 7.50 x 16 Sand grip tyres
The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00823-small.jpg
The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00825-small.jpg
the Goans going up hill, trying to get a break from the horrid traffic jam on the route
The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00844-small.jpg
the army used MM 550 crossing thr rivulet
The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00874-small.jpg
my mm 550 xdp
The 45th Mahindra Great Escape: Coorg 4x4 Challenge-dsc00894-small.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks