Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Excursions
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2008, 07:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Offroad instructions

"When I got to teach offroading...."The thread(currently placed on page 10) by this title was started by SAMURAI, a respected member of TBHP.
It was fun writing and also honest admissions of how the first offraoder graduated from his "school of offroading".
I am seriously looking at someone from our 4X4 forum who can give valueable tips for beginners in offroading, All guys like me who have done offroading but never in rallys, will improve big time if we armed with 10 tips on how to handle the various situations on this subject.
All can add to the thread but only tried techniques please.
Old 26th November 2008, 08:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

It would have been correct to say, When I got to learn offroading initially...
Old 26th November 2008, 09:27   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
That went over my head like a Yuvraj Sixer! What exactly does that mean in this context?
Old 26th November 2008, 09:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
trammway,
"When I got to teach offroading" is a direct reference to thread (page 10) started by Samurai, which I am referring to. As already mentioned.
Old 26th November 2008, 11:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

@fazalaliadil: You should join us in some of our small OTR and nature photography sessions. I will PM you the next time around. We usually head out on sundays. There is no better way to learn than to drive yourself (An instructor in your passenger seat would be of great help.). Reading about off roading is good to a certain extent but actually experiencing it is completely different.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 26th November 2008 at 11:50.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
@fazalaliadil: You should join us in some of our small OTR and nature photography sessions. I will PM you the next time around. We usually head out on sundays. There is no better way to learn than to drive yourself (An instructor in your passenger seat would be of great help.). Reading about off roading is good to a certain extent but actually experiencing it is completely different.
I completely agree with cooldude. Last Sat was my first OTR ans there is nothing like have a moderator in the passenger seat through some of the very difficult terrains. I read in one of the posts by Khan_sultan which I can also second that - its the driver of the 4x4 which matter and not so much the vehicle. I had learnt so much "on the job" at the last OTR. Reading the same on the web forum may not have had the same impact.
Old 26th November 2008, 15:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
cooldude.. please add me to that list .

Thanks Fazal for starting this thread... i was thinking from a long time to start it... but keeps slipping out of my mind he he
Old 26th November 2008, 19:00   #8
BHPian

I also agree with all my respected Offroader friends that you will only learn when you drive on different terrains.

Every terrain has its own complications
Old 26th November 2008, 20:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
"When I got to teach offroading...."The thread(currently placed on page 10) by this title was started by SAMURAI, a respected member of TBHP.
It was fun writing and also honest admissions of how the first offraoder graduated from his "school of offroading".
I am seriously looking at someone from our 4X4 forum who can give valueable tips for beginners in offroading, All guys like me who have done offroading but never in rallys, will improve big time if we armed with 10 tips on how to handle the various situations on this subject.
All can add to the thread but only tried techniques please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That went over my head like a Yuvraj Sixer! What exactly does that mean in this context?
@Samurai, read the post by fazalaliadil, I thought he is asking the tricks and the how we learnt the offroading at first time.

If my understanding is correct, I posted saying as the explanation starting"It would have been correct to say, When I got to learn offroading initially..."

I know I confused you guys again!
Old 26th November 2008, 20:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cooldude,
Thanks for your invite, I am looking forward and will definately take up your offer with my camera and 400mm zoom.There is no better way of learning practically but at the same time tips from various seasoned offroaders will also be helpful as theory.
Sincerely,
Fazal
Old 26th November 2008, 20:41   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@Samurai, read the post by fazalaliadil, I thought he is asking the tricks and the how we learnt the offroading at first time.

If my understanding is correct, I posted saying as the explanation starting"It would have been correct to say, When I got to learn offroading initially..."
He was refering to this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...ffroading.html
Old 26th November 2008, 21:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Oh.. I gave got mistaken... not knowing of the previous thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks