Team-BHP - Munnar OTR General reports
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   Munnar OTR General reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/52551-munnar-otr-general-reports-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -GT- (Post 1160943)

@Arka: Just curious - don't the Chennai cops bother you about the split registration plate on your Jeep?

Cheers

-GT-

I have given a 5* rating to this thread.

Arka's bigger than the Chennai cops. Doubt they give him any problems. If they do, I think he will just leave the jeep next to them and walk away. The tension of towing that jeep or fixing it will be enough for them to give up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhandle (Post 1160750)
@Samurai: I like the way you write. May be you can churn out a novel on 4x4 and ur experiences!

Thanks man, first let me get more experiences.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by -GT- (Post 1160943)
@Arka: Just curious - don't the Chennai cops bother you about the split registration plate on your Jeep?

When you look at his Jeep, registration is the last thing that comes to mind, even to cops.:D

Dear Team BHPians,
If i am not wrong, i see a Major in one of the pictures posted from Shakir (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...orts-jt105.jpg)
Could some off roading pros here, kindly throw some light on the Major's performance in Munnar?
That would be very helpful.
Cheers,
Deepak

Samurai, Khan n Shakir: Thanks a ton for sharing these eye candies

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 1161188)
Dear Team BHPians,
If i am not wrong, i see a Major in one of the pictures posted from Shakir (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...orts-jt105.jpg)
Could some off roading pros here, kindly throw some light on the Major's performance in Munnar?
That would be very helpful.
Cheers,
Deepak

Samurai, Khan n Shakir: Thanks a ton for sharing these eye candies

Deepak no knowledge about Major I drive Gypsy, About OTR performance of Major it did well. there are many gurus in the forum who can help you. I thnink there is thread about Major jeep just search it.

If you are asking about this particular major- it did well. Except at the end of the 1st climb, where it had to make 3 attempts to get past the sharp bump at the end of the climb. It was let down by its longer wheelbase/lesser breakover angle.

I was told that, it however is a dream(relatively speaking) on the highways. So- You win some, you lose some:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippergeo (Post 1165887)
If you are asking about this particular major- it did well. Except at the end of the 1st climb, where it had to make 3 attempts to get past the sharp bump at the end of the climb. It was let down by its longer wheelbase/lesser breakover angle.

I was told that, it however is a dream(relatively speaking) on the highways. So- You win some, you lose some:)

Hey rippergeo, Thank you very much for your reply. At the moment, for me, it is a choice between Major and Gypsy because these are the only 2 vehicles available in the market as brand new. Things i dislike in a Major, i like in a Gypsy and those i dislike in a Gypsy, i like in a Major. Phew! This ain't an easy job. But, thank you very much for your information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 1165690)
Deepak no knowledge about Major I drive Gypsy, About OTR performance of Major it did well. there are many gurus in the forum who can help you. I thnink there is thread about Major jeep just search it.

Hey Shakir, I know that you drive a Gypsy which you bought a couple of months back. I'd been trying to get an account in Team BHP since months. All that while, i was doing nothing but reading all of your posts. Now i know you guys so well that i can identify most vehicles of the members who post here regularly. I have read this thread of Major from Santosh a thousand times i guess. Thanks to Vinod, Arka, Spitfire, 4X4Addict and many others for writing in clap:. It is so useful to people like me. Every single time i have made my mind to go for a major, Khan would be back with yet another splendid thread about another steroid for his Gypsy. I shall maybe start another thread to discuss about the positives and negatives of Gypsy. I cannot name everybody here but you guys are fantastic!! Keep writing..
Cheers,
Deepak

Hey Samurai San and guys - I'm BAAAAAACK!

It was wonderful reading the JT report. Hopefully, I will be able to join in next time. Till then, dasvidaniya.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

PS - don't worry, next time there will be no chickening out.

@starter- if you plan to mod the gypsy like khan- then there is no real discussion necessary IMO.:)
with petrol prices going south, the gypsy is becoming increasingly tempting.
The Gypsy kings did this trail without any drama at all. made it look too easy.

More photos..
Munnar OTR General reports-jt111.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt112.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt113.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt114.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt115.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt116.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt117.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt118.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt119.jpg

Munnar OTR General reports-jt120.jpg

Final photos.