Team-BHP - PICS from NIOC OTR - 14 March'09
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Excursions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/)
-   -   PICS from NIOC OTR - 14 March'09 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/55044-pics-nioc-otr-14-march09-3.html)

More pics of the Manesar OTR.

Last few pics of the OTR

Awesome is a small word to describe this. Roshun, next time I shall be there...!

Hey Guys,

Here are Videos of the OTR. Please excuse poor quality as the resolution in the camera got to minimum by mistake, but it has all the fun captured.

This is the First video. The experts had no problem and neither did their jeeps.

YouTube - Delhi Offroad-Jeeps Enter

Now as there were many new comers and this being a tricky patch for premium SUVs there was fear of damage, so everyone was cautious. But stars to everyone as they cleared this one very easily.

YouTube - SUVs er the Trail

It was not even 10 minutes past our start, we had first stuck up jeep. So it wasn't going to be all butter and jam. This was serious offroad session.

YouTube - Jeeper got Stuck

Here I come for rescue.. but aa-haan, not so fast buddy-said the trail. Our rescuer did what.. see below:

YouTube - He is coming to rescue

More videos will follow soon..

But before proceeding further, I would like to say that this was one of the best day-outs I had ever had. What would people think for a person starting from Jaipur early morning at 4.00 AM going to attend some group of Jeepers who will go where there aren’t even roads.. No no don’t tell me.

For me the fun started as soon as I was out of the main gate of my house. All alone, nice weather, nice cool air, no traffic, in fact no person on road, my Altis, loud music, drive as you like and target 6.30 to reach RBJi’s house in Gurgaon. WoW..

First thing is NIOC rocks.. The senior members set such a great pace to things that even the newest one feels part of it instantly. It was my pleasure to have a chance to sit with such a cool and experienced person like RB. It was my second OTR and I wanted to clarify lots of doubts from my last visit as well as from my short experience with me new Jeep. I must say that I learned more than expected.

First two jeeps in our convoy are of Sarvinder Ji and RB. I observed not only their driving skills but also the inherent quality these two have to try and explorer newer territory. I was much relaxed in sitting in a jeep this time. I had confidence on a Jeeps capability and on the person I was sitting with so I let my body loose and was enjoying the ups and down of the track and had most of the time my camera rolling to take videos.(You can see in many of the photos by Randeep, me having the camera in front of my face, damn had I known he was taking my picture..lol)

Continue..

Dear Jeepers,

We had a great OTR. Thanks to all the jeepers who were part of this OTR.

Great pics Harjeev, Randeep, Roshun.

Great Video's Yogesh.

We hope you guys had a great time and so did we all.

Cheers

Sarvinder

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ym-enjn (Post 1215016)
@Roshun: I have video of you coming down that steep fall and then doing 1-2-cha-cha-cha. What was the speed of blood in your vains at that time.

@Biker- Hats off to our biker buddy (sorry I missed your name), you were no where behind, in fact ahead at most places.

I will soon upload many videos, but for now keep the pictures rolling guys..

That drop into the pond was a decision that I hesitated on for a bit. I tried walking down that slope to take a pic of the Scorp up on the verge, but couldn't. Anyway, I just decided to let 4-low, 1st gear do its work and just sat back to enjoy the ride down :). What a rush!

The biker guy was Vishwas (vishwaschettri on t-bhp) on a modded RX-100 with mud tyres. He was busy carving circles around all of us - up one slope, down the other, criss-cross, and back again. Vishwas, hope you got your tyre fixed.

Yogesh, waiting to see the videos. I'm sure they are awesome.

Cheers,

Here are more videos

One warning: the sound has not been edited at all so children below 18years are not suggested to view under guidance of elders as there could be usage of foul language.. he he he..

Rescue work started:
YouTube - Pulling Out Jeep

Pulling out the original rescuer:
YouTube - Pulling out the rescuer

Our favorite pitch in the center, there was a steep fall before reaching there.

YouTube - Decending to the pitch

Defender and others coming down one after another:

YouTube - Defender coming down

more to follow..

Now that we all were down the time was to climb up again. Those of you who saw laspics will remember that no one was ableto climb from here even after several attempts. But this time Sarvender ji did it in first shot, but that couldn't come in camera, so I requested him to do again.. and after few more attempts he did it again:

YouTube - Servender the Gr8- He did this twice this time.

This wasn't easy stuff, but our great jeeper Romi ji did it in style too.

YouTube - Romi Ji did it with style

Now how could the BMW stay behind it tried but looked it was too dificult for it. Then the planning started.

YouTube - BMW x5 trial and planning

Now see the rocket fast pickup of BMW and how the fast learning skills of the driver and advice on wheels, brake and gear setup took it flying up the climb:

5 Stars to this one..

YouTube - BMW offroad- thats the way to go

wonderful pictures and videos.

i just noticed something strange. Two vehicles have the same number! :Shockked:. how did that happen?

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun up north.

Firoz

Now we come to climbthe same place where last time Amans safari did great, so calling it safari trail:

YouTube - Safari trail-Romi ji

Our chance and we had to get back once:

YouTube - Our chance to go up safari trail-1

Our climb in second chance:

YouTube - Our chance 2

Again a nice Video, see the others climb it in various styles. This gives a good boost up to every jeeper may it be new or old.

YouTube - Other climb the safari track-Good one.

Simple climb.

YouTube - Climb again

Now this one is another climb where the path is too narrow and there is a 1.5 feet depression just on the top end, so most can't make it in first shot except experienced ones.

BMW tried once but realised that its too narrow.

YouTube - BMW won't go too big

Others try:

YouTube - Thats the way to climb this one

Our explorers found this open patch of land and it was a delight or spinners:

YouTube - Open land found by explorers

Mandeep's roaring beauty and Sanjeevs 550 did some great stuff. At the end see Sarvinder ji our great explorer) finding the water pond:

YouTube - Mandeeps beauty shows its power

And who else than Shyam ji will do the honors to dive in first:

YouTube - Finding the pond-first goes Shyam ji.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fk7 (Post 1215802)
wonderful pictures and videos.

i just noticed something strange. Two vehicles have the same number! :Shockked:. how did that happen?

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun up north.

Firoz

:Shockked:AHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSS !!! Just to be seen not to be discussed :-)

Cheers

@ Yogesh,

Nice Video's man awesome. Well captured I must say.

Yeah Firoz, that is a total hush hush topic.

Cheers !!!!!!!

i hope randeep felt the tyres spinning while drifting and had fun:D

@ Roshun, your scorp performed excellently.
On the safari climb you approached it too slow (or atleast that is what I thought and told my friend then) But the way your scorp made it up on sheer raw power chugging up slowly like a train on rails made me put my foot in mouth next second.
I had a blast on my bike. So much that I drove my jeep for less than 15 minutes in the whole OTR.
This being my first full blown OTR on bike and work on my bike still half way through I played it sedate this time. Infact my bike had done just 150kms after the engine rebuid. And the rear suspension has to be still raised. Next time I'll try to push the envelope higher.
This reminds me my bikes still lying with the front flat at my garage :Frustrati.

cheers
vishwas
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshun (Post 1215641)
That drop into the pond was a decision that I hesitated on for a bit. I tried walking down that slope to take a pic of the Scorp up on the verge, but couldn't. Anyway, I just decided to let 4-low, 1st gear do its work and just sat back to enjoy the ride down :). What a rush!

The biker guy was Vishwas (vishwaschettri on t-bhp) on a modded RX-100 with mud tyres. He was busy carving circles around all of us - up one slope, down the other, criss-cross, and back again. Vishwas, hope you got your tyre fixed.

Yogesh, waiting to see the videos. I'm sure they are awesome.

Cheers,

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 1215132)
Awesome is a small word to describe this. Roshun, next time I shall be there...!

You are most welcome to join!! Be careful its too addictive..

@ Ankit: Arjun should give few surprise visits, to see how much we miss him.. Nothing comes close to the efforts he takes. But on serious note he deserves few trouble free OTRs. Few haan not all..