Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 12:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
Hi folks,

Good news!

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., is sponsoring the event with Service Support and Thar on display at the end of First day OTR- Evening. Thank you Mr. Anand Mahindra, if you are hearing.

Bangalore Offroaders
Dwarka,

The THAR on Static display? I think that will be after it completes the trail in 2WD.

Regards,

Arka

PS - 5 JEEPs & 12 Persons confirmed.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:49   #77
Team-BHP Support

Now that is a great news. Hope this won't be the customised version. Too bad I can't be in Bangalore for this event.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:51   #78
Team-BHP Support

Not to worry Samusan let us know what you would like to see and we shall do our best to capture and post

@arka: You are too funny he he
Old 18th January 2010, 13:15   #79
Senior - BHPian

Sponsorship

Quote:
Hi folks,

Good news!

Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., is sponsoring the event with Service Support and Thar on display at the end of First day OTR- Evening. Thank you Mr. Anand Mahindra, if you are hearing.

Bangalore Offroaders
Hi Dwarka, Vinay & HBVivek,

Make sure M&M is willing to sponsor at least the following per participant.

1) First Aid Kit.
2) Hats & T-Shirts with M&M and JEEPTHRILLS Logo
3) Tool-Kit. (3-7 spanners)

Their OTR Service & Support is a JOKE, we have seen, them at MUNNAR MGE48.

They will use this opportunity, to market the THAR, with out even acknowledging the support and events from JEEPTHRILLS or TeamBHP.

For all you know, we will see pics on their website claiming it to be another Great Escape or a special edition for "THAR" enthusiasts.

They read out the "JEEPers Prayer" in MGE48 without even acknowledging it to Anjan Cariappa, that is how, they function.

Get the most out of them or tell them to take a hike. They need JEEPTHRILLS, TeamBHP and the Off-Road community, not the other way around.

Regards,

Arka

PS - You are offering them an extreme off-road photo shoot, they likes of which, M&M cannot organize, then the no. of vehicles do the maths i.e 1.5-3Lakhs, sponsorship should be at least 1Lakh up in goodies and forget the yellow JKTyre Caps.

Last edited by ex670c : 18th January 2010 at 13:22.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:06   #80
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thar on display at the end of First day OTR- Evening
That is indeed excellent news. From Auto Expo to display at an offroad event - M&M is obviously serious about getting the vehicle to the Indian market.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex670c View Post
Hi Dwarka, Vinay & HBVivek,

Make sure M&M is willing to sponsor at least the following per participant.

1) First Aid Kit.
2) Hats & T-Shirts with M&M and JEEPTHRILLS Logo
3) Tool-Kit. (3-7 spanners)

Their OTR Service & Support is a JOKE, we have seen, them at MUNNAR MGE48.

They will use this opportunity, to market the THAR, with out even acknowledging the support and events from JEEPTHRILLS or TeamBHP.

For all you know, we will see pics on their website claiming it to be another Great Escape or a special edition for "THAR" enthusiasts.

They read out the "JEEPers Prayer" in MGE48 without even acknowledging it to Anjan Cariappa, that is how, they function.

Get the most out of them or tell them to take a hike. They need JEEPTHRILLS, TeamBHP and the Off-Road community, not the other way around.

Regards,

Arka

PS - You are offering them an extreme off-road photo shoot, they likes of which, M&M cannot organize, then the no. of vehicles do the maths i.e 1.5-3Lakhs, sponsorship should be at least 1Lakh up in goodies and forget the yellow JKTyre Caps.
Dear Arka,

We WROTE to Anand Mahindra inviting him for the event. We ASKED for a Thar which can take part in the event. We DIDNT ask for a sponsorship. Mr. Anand was kind enough to reply to the mail, and has clearly mentioned that the Thar cant participate due to the Regulatory Approvals not being in place. We left it at that.

Today morning Mr. Arif called up saying that Mr. Anand had forwarded that mail to him. He asked "What Can Mahindra Do for You?". Truly it came as a surprise. He said we can offer you Service / Support Backup. IF JEEP THRILLS wanted, then he can showcase a THAR at the venue. We told him that it would be great if Mahindra can provide the same. I also asked him for hats for which he readily agreed.

They are not marketing the THAR at the event. Its because we wanted it they are showing it to us. Its a big commitment considering that they have to ship a THAR to Bangalore and bring it to the Venue at their cost. Needless to say the Service / Support team is also at their cost. Of course one may have to pay for the spares consumed (if any).

If and when they do what you claim "For all you know, we will see pics on their website claiming it to be another Great Escape or a special edition for "THAR" enthusiasts". We will take it up with them and sort the issue out.

"Get the most out of them or tell them to take a hike. They need JEEPTHRILLS, TeamBHP and the Off-Road community, not the other way around." If not for a full sponsorship I have asked for a 50% sponsorship on the T-Shirts. They wiill come back to us on this. I am trying to see what else they can offer considering the very short time period which we have.

Contrary to your statement, we need Mahindra's support for as long as the Off-Roading community (particularly Mahindra Jeeps in this case) is alive. Please keep the bigger picture in mind, when we really need them to pitch in. If we dont involve them now, then in the future they will opt out saying that "When we offered you help, you didnt take it". The 4x4 community is growing bigger and bigger. More & more people are getting into it. Its just a matter of time when the Mahindra team themselves would like to be involved big time.

I believe many from the Off-Road Community will share the same sentiments.

Vivek
Old 18th January 2010, 16:50   #82
Senior - BHPian

Support & Sponsorship

Hi HBVivek,

Do you know their official line after "With You Hamesha" & "What can M&M Do for you" ?

"You are using a M&M Vehicle, that is publicity for the company, wrt. to M&M providing Stickers and Goodies (sponsorship) for JEEPTHRILLS events."

JEEPTHRILLS is their walking-talking museum, their culture, their history, hell most of the pics in the new M&M Coffee Table Book are JEEPTHRILLs pics from members, I sent the pics to the contracted agency, in August 2008.

Expertise & Experience.

Ask yourself why are they ALWAYS ready to provide their Technical Support team? Get Experience at our expense.....valuable Feedback, again at our expense.

Sir, the standard of JEEPTHRILLS, TeamBHP and the OTR community is way higher in expertise & experience individually, forget the collective expertise and experience.

Also you want a Tech Support Team, which does not now how to use the Winches safely, even worse will not take suggestions regarding safety.

Who will co-ordinate and LEAD them i.e COMMAND them? What if they want to back out mid-way cause the trail is too difficult.

Why would they want to truck down a vehicle at their expense if they did not have anything to gain.

The trail you guys are doing it pretty tough, technical, what better place to
showcase the THAR.

Sponsorship and Future Events.

Sponsorship is important, but it need not be M&M or any Auto Giant.

What has M&M done in the past 5 years, I guess they were checking out if the Indian OTR community can be reaped?

Sudhir Kashyap got Vinay and Sibi to organize a route for the Coorg MGE, what happened after that? I guess the answer is Sudhir Kashyap moved onto a different division.

The call and answers Arif Rizwy gave you are the Official Line, I got that for
TPC07 & TPC08 ask him for more goodies and mention, JEEPTHRILLS on the T-Shirt and lets see if he agrees.

If you want M&M to sponsor tell them what we want and and what we can give.

And see if you can negotiate and win-win deal.

Its convenient for M&M to underplay the role of JEEPTHRILLS & TeamBHP wrt regard to the OFF-ROAD Scenario in INDIA, the reasons.

1) What will happen to the MGE, follow the history of MGE and you will see a new surge after the JEEPTHRILLS events came around. 2002 onwards people were cribbing and bitching about the cabaret and free booze, infact the principal founder of the MGE Srikant Karani left the organizing team.

2) If they accept our abilities, then, why are they not teaming up with us?
So its better to deny our capabilities, enthusiam & expertise because we will not make their Scorpio ooooops (this is 2010) THAR DANCE!!!!!! or even worse HURT her, that my friend is not friendly PR and unfriendly to the Cash Register.

3) They have realised the horrors of the vehicles which they have sold to the general public under the, License Raj and don't want to associate with them any more, You know the socio-economic profile of an INDIAN JEEP owner, the ones who built INDIA with their hands, after they got out of their JEEPs.

Bottom Line - Best of Luck and spare us the yellow JKTyre Caps.

Its your event and your call.

Regards,

Arka

PS - I will be in tears if someone from M&M call me up.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:55   #83
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Its important to forge a positive working relationship with a manufacturer as important to the sport as Mahindra. Its a great initiative to have written to Anand Mahindra. You never know, if he can take part in a marathon, chances are he will participate in the next OTR in a Thar!

Good work guys and thanks for giving us an opportunity to see the Thar upclose.
Old 18th January 2010, 17:43   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Its important to forge a positive working relationship with a manufacturer as important to the sport as Mahindra. Its a great initiative to have written to Anand Mahindra. You never know, if he can take part in a marathon, chances are he will participate in the next OTR in a Thar!

Good work guys and thanks for giving us an opportunity to see the Thar upclose.
I am sure some top brass will show up for OTRs, but certainly not for THIS event. I think the next MGE will feature quite a few Thars (also 4x4 Boleros and Scorps) driven by some top MM brass to help promote and boost its sales.

Quote:
Hi HBVivek,

Do you know their official line after "With You Hamesha" & "What can M&M Do for you" ?

"You are using a M&M Vehicle, that is publicity for the company, wrt. to M&M providing Stickers and Goodies (sponsorship) for JEEPTHRILLS events."

JEEPTHRILLS is their walking-talking museum, their culture, their history, hell most of the pics in the new M&M Coffee Table Book are JEEPTHRILLs pics from members, I sent the pics to the contracted agency, in August 2008.

If you want M&M to sponsor tell them what we want and and what we can give.

And see if you can negotiate and win-win deal.

Its convenient for M&M to underplay the role of JEEPTHRILLS & TeamBHP wrt regard to the OFF-ROAD Scenario in INDIA, the reasons.

Bottom Line - Best of Luck and spare us the yellow JKTyre Caps.

Its your event and your call.

Regards,

Arka

PS - I will be in tears if someone from M&M call me up.
Arka/DKG/Vivek,

Nice discussion we have going here. While I agree it has to be a win win situation. MMs only reason to wake up for this event so enthusiastically is undoubtely because of the launch of the Thar. They want all the mileage they can get.

They will act like any corporate, look at the bottom line - how much can get from how little.

As for the attitude of their Support Staff, hope Senior TeamBhpians and JeepThrillers would be able to work with (read control) them.

Bottom line I hope MM is watching and will provide the best support / merchandise etc. Esp cause this is going to be one crowded event with many potential buyers for the Thar. Lots of online mileage in terms of post OTR reports on the two forums, MyFaces, blogs, Tubes etc.

Quote:
The THAR on Static display? I think that will be after it completes the trail in 2WD.
Nice one Arka!
I seriously doubt if they will send the 2WD one for the trail, also am sure the 4WD will not have the 'fancy' Electric shift TC.

As for its capabilities - debatable. I'm eager to see it in action.

P.S looking forward to meeting you and seeing your spruced 550.

Last edited by IronWolf : 18th January 2010 at 17:51. Reason: Typo
Old 18th January 2010, 18:02   #85
Team-BHP Support

Its a great initiative from you guys to have sent the invite across!

Sure M&M will use the experience for their business needs, but as long as due credits are given and as long as the Indian offroad community gets a decent vehicle from their stables, i personally wouldn't have an issue with this. At the end of the day we have to co-exist instead of getting on each others nerves.

One way its great to have them watching and NOT interfering with the event. Even things like support is a nice gesture, who knows we might want to borrow some tools and helping hands

How many manufacturer's have shown such interest? I think its a step in the right direction and kudos to Mr Anand Mahindra, as far as i know he also shares the passion for 4x4 vehicles. Hope all this works out to something bigger at the end, for the offroad community!

ps: I dont know of the history or back ground politics (if any) about this whole M&M thing. But as an automobile enthusiast i would love to see each and every manufacturer work with us (the end users) to bring out better products for our needs, at affordable price point. Hence the post, forgive me if i sound clueless otherwise
Old 18th January 2010, 18:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

I know its too late to ask considering that registration is closed. Yet, can I participate for the event?
2 members only.

Last edited by beejay : 18th January 2010 at 18:30.
Old 19th January 2010, 08:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Too bad I can't be in Bangalore for this event.
Oh No, Sharat, I was looking forward to meet you [in my "Thar"]

OK guys, so we are all set to witness a great 4x4 outing i hope.

BTW, interesting to read all the posts w.r.t M&M eyeing this piece of cake [read OTRs this side of country]

I had a different impression.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:23   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Tejas, please just land up. There is plenty of space and we will all share food with you.
Hey Red Liner, is there a seat for me as well??
Would love to participate if it is possible to be accommodated??
Old 19th January 2010, 14:29   #89
BHPian

me too?!

Can I too join you guys? I will not be staying back but will come only for a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Boy View Post
Dwarak sir,
I am hopefully in for this OTR.
Dont think I'll be able to stay overnight, but will try n make it for the 24th event
Cheers
GB
Hey GB,

Can I join in case Dwarak sir agrees and if you are planning on getting back the same day? I am very sure, I can't get my truck there more because of my wife as she needs it and from the previous OTR's snaps, I don't think it can make it there anyways.

Tejas
Old 19th January 2010, 15:55   #90
BHPian

HI Dwarak,

Do we get a drive in THAR or is it just for watching

propeller
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks