Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2021, 21:19   #1

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point

Trip Route: https://goo.gl/maps/BPVYLPWQ9oQtMC3F8

Vehicles: 8 THAR - 6 new & 2 old

Total Time: 12 Hours - 6 AM to 6 PM

Highlights:

• One Hill - The main trail
  • One River Crossing - For some fun
  • One Allowed Forest Trail - To cool down
  • One Rock - view point - To Relax

Preface

I bought the THAR in April 2021 and there was just one goal, off-roading.

But we formally never planned an OTR, this time we decided let's do a planned OTR.

Back to Plan

The plan was to assemble at 7 am at MTR near Art of Living on Kanakapura Road.

I started at 6 AM from my house and then headed to MTR, reached by about 6.45 AM itself and I was the first one to reach the place.

Everyone assembled by 7.15 AM but MTR only started by 7.30 AM.

We had our breakfast and then headed for the trail.

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-1.jpeg

Gangadhareshwara Hill

Our first location was Gangadhareshwara Hill - https://maps.app.goo.gl/orWHa99k6S1uhXCA7

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-2.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-3.jpeg

The fun is that you feel like you are driving inside the living room of the house.

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-4.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-5.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-6.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-7.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-8.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-9.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-10.jpg

This old thar’s 4x4 isn't working for some reason and it got stuck here. Took us about 20 minutes to get it out of this, it was fun, it was the first rescue that I had seen, and I also realised how important it is to have towing ropes.

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-11.jpg

The final spot on the hill top.

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-12.jpeg

There is a beautiful view on top of the hill.

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-13.jpeg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-14.jpeg

Safety Tip: Drive slow, don't touch any cows, pets or people on the road.

River Crossing

Then we came back and headed to River Crossing - https://maps.app.goo.gl/zasD9mqksbZ3g613A

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-15.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-16.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-17.jpg

The splash was Savagery. The water splash was so much fun that two of us went into the river again and for both of us, the number plates flew away.

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-18.jpg

Ragihalli State Forest

Then we headed to our final spot from forest trail - Ragihalli State Forest - https://goo.gl/maps/iXmvY72Z4rHepf7z8

Rock view point

And we reached our final Rock view point - https://goo.gl/maps/s7u8FzU3aJENCWg49

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-19.jpg

8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-20.jpeg

All of us disassembled, a couple of us went for lunch and then returned back to our homes.

A big credit goes to Antony (another group member), he has been finding trails around bangalore from last one year and has found a lot of them.

Misc Info:

Equipment that we carried: Couple of walkie talkies, towing ropes.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th November 2021 at 10:01. Reason: No discussion about car brand specific WhatsApp groups please. Thank You!
ishanvyas is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 12:52   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: 8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point

Nice pictures of the excursion. Good to see the Mahindra Thar being bought and used for what it excels at - off-roading. Nice of you to have provided the Google Map links of the places you went off-roading. It will help others as well.

It's important to check before embarking on an excursion that the vehicles are in proper working condition. Else you can lose time retrieving them.
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 09:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: 8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point

Nice spot for off-roading. Loved the pic of old Thar climbing broken trail.
And great to see Thar AX for a change. It has become a rarity with majority opting for LX models!
Also 6 new and 2 old. Just proves how mainstream the brand has gone in one year from being a niche, hard vehicle that found little appeal with the masses.
amol4184 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 12:12   #4

Its nice to see the newer Thar's off-roading. I have a group of friends off-roading occasionally in Kerala. So if you guys ever plan to come here let me know. Watch the video below posted by my friend who has a youtube channel for off-roading in malayalam.

Attached Thumbnails
8 Mahindra Thars offroading | Gangadhareshwara Hill, Rivers, a Forest & Rock View Point-20210709_144439.jpg  

Mi2un is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 17:23   #5

Yeah, completely agree with Kapany. I've been on this route a few times, but never discovered the river crossing junction. Great post / pics Ishan.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th November 2021 at 10:02. Reason: No discussion about car brand specific WhatsApp groups please. Thank You!
Old 23rd November 2021, 21:58   #6
BHPian

Hi Ishan, Enjoyed your post thoroughly. I believe you were driving the AX Thar. Can you please let me know what was your reason for picking up the AX even when there is a paltry 60k difference between AX and LX and there are loads of extra features in LX?

Does the AX offer any real Off-road advantages?
Old 28th December 2021, 12:45   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
Hi Ishan, Enjoyed your post thoroughly. I believe you were driving the AX Thar. Can you please let me know what was your reason for picking up the AX even when there is a paltry 60k difference between AX and LX and there are loads of extra features in LX?

Does the AX offer any real Off-road advantages?
Hi @RoadAtlas I will write a detailed post on AX V/S other models, mostly will publish it by this weekend.
ishanvyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 15:33   #8
BHPian

Saw the limb risers installed in one of the new Thars in this post. Does it require drilling?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks