Team-BHP - Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/113401-hyderabad-hard-top-thar-22.html)

That's cool SubramoniamAB,

Is this facelifted Thar in 2015 or the older version?

Also, may I request you to post some pics of hard top from the inside?

Did you also go for the front facing Innova 3rd row foldable seats?

I was also looking for a hard top, do you mind if I contact you? If ok, request your contact as a PM pls.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by aithalsandy (Post 4267838)
That's cool SubramoniamAB,

Is this facelifted Thar in 2015 or the older version?

SubramoniamAB -> Mine is a 2014 model. The HHT can be put on any model.

Also, may I request you to post some pics of hard top from the inside?

SubramoniamAB -> Sure. I will post some interior picture later today. please note that I went with a fully sealed one among the 3 offers they have.

Did you also go for the front facing Innova 3rd row foldable seats?

SubramoniamAB -> Nop. I retained the existing seats. I had them install a central locking as it is more useful after you did the HHT conversion.

I was also looking for a hard top, do you mind if I contact you? If ok, request your contact as a PM pls.

SubramoniamAB -> Anytime. Will PM the contact details. Need to check how to do that in the first place!

Thanks,
Sandeep

Hello Sandeep,

My comments inline

Hello Sandeep.

Here are few pictures of my Thar interior. Let me know if you have any more questions?

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170913_141040.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170913_141048.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170913_141104.jpeg

Hyderabad Hard Top (Thar)-20170913_141117.jpeg

This is my 25th post and with this I will be promoted to BHPian :). PM is available only after this elevation.

The cabin does look extremely airy with the large windows. Thanks for sharing this.

Does it have a sunroof over the front seats too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi (Post 4278665)
The cabin does look extremely airy with the large windows. Thanks for sharing this.

Does it have a sunroof over the front seats too?

Yes. They do have one for front as well as for the rear. you can check the new mars website for details. I opted for the completely sealed one.

Hi Subramaniyam

I am based at Chennai & looking for hardtop for my 2014 Thar.

Can you suggest any garage based out of chennai...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varun7227 (Post 4333157)
Hi Subramaniyam

I am based at Chennai & looking for hardtop for my 2014 Thar.

Can you suggest any garage based out of chennai...

Hello Varun,

As far as I know, no one in Chennai does hardtop. I heard from few that some on in Coimbatore does it. But I never explored that.

Other option is you can reach out to Tini (4x4addict) who posted few photos of one of his design.

Alternately, you can check with Mahindra ASC in Chennai if they can get a HT from Mahindra.

If you would like to see my HHT come over this weekend. This will give you an idea of what to expect.

Appreciate your reply..
Traveling this weekend..
would catchup the following weekend..
kindly ping me at veerark@gmail.com, for sharing the contact details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB (Post 4333219)
Other option is you can reach out to Tini (4x4addict) who posted few photos of one of his design.

Alternately, you can check with Mahindra ASC in Chennai if they can get a HT from Mahindra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varun7227 (Post 4333231)
kindly ping me at for sharing the contact details.

Sending pictures of the top developed by us. You can all Rohan on +919367723234 for techical and costing details.

A normal lock can be fixed to the tailgate and the vehicle is completely safe. I do have it in my Thar with the HHT.

It opens manually although with a seperate key.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB (Post 4269120)
Hello Sandeep.

Here are few pictures of my Thar interior. Let me know if you have any more questions?

Attachment 1675861

Attachment 1675862

Attachment 1675863

Attachment 1675864

This is my 25th post and with this I will be promoted to BHPian :). PM is available only after this elevation.

Hi Subramoniam,

I see that the rollbar has been taken off. So fitting the HT is not possible with the rollbar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghu4222 (Post 4393840)
Hi Subramoniam,

I see that the rollbar has been taken off. So fitting the HT is not possible with the rollbar?

Yes Raghu. The current design is such that, you cannot have the internal roll bar. However, if you wish you can add an external one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubramoniamAB (Post 4254194)
okay. Thanks for the above link. This was quite informative.

This cost me 20K. I think there is a slight increase in the GC part because of this.

Hi SubramoniamAB,
Would you be kind to connect me to the right person to buy the Janniah Springs? I have been hitting pillar to post for the same.
Thanks in advance :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mads2849 (Post 4489940)
Hi SubramoniamAB,
Would you be kind to connect me to the right person to buy the Janniah Springs? I have been hitting pillar to post for the same.
Thanks in advance :-)

Hello mads2849,

I had this installed from http://www.newmars.co.in/. You can reach out to Prabhu in the number given in the website. I think he will even ship this.

Subramoniam AB

My rear glass panel of the HHT has completely separated from the frame.:Frustrati Luckily it did not crash to the ground. It seems to be attached to the frame by some sort of sealant . Can anyone confirm what type of sealant is it?.
Ideally a clamp/brackets should have been in place to further secure it. Wind can easily push the glass panel outwards and could result in a serious accident