Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Any particular reason? Very hard to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Hi Addict,

Himachal Pradesh will not let MM sell Majors here, would you believe.
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:36   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi Addict,

My understanding is that MM no longer sells new Invaders. I do not see them on their web site.
I know MM doesn't display the Invader on their web-site, but you can get them. I saw a few new one's with a dealer in Kottayam, Kerala and he said the he could organize a 4x4 version, if I could wait for a month.

Ofcourse he said that the 2WD version will go *anywhere* and offered me a 30,000 rupee discount for the 2WD versions they had in stock. He offered to send their sales staff to prove that 2WD was sufficient. I had half a mind to take them to my estate in the the Kumaly moutain ranges and let them get stuck as a punishment for trying to sell me the 2WD version. Just didn't want to waste my time, else I would have made them eat their words.

My estate is only about 15 kilometers from the main road, but in the peak monsoon season, it takes over an hour to cover the distance and lot of it is done in low range and you definitely need the NDMS tires.
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Dan, why not first TRY the vehicle in stock form?
For the routes you have mentioned, I don't really think you're looking for a hard core off-roader.
Unless you plan on getting increasingly more adventurous and start doing Spangmik - Hanle, Marsimik La and suchlike. Or doing the route outside of the 'officially open' periods.
Old 23rd August 2008, 21:49   #19
BANNED

Saw at least 20 brand new Sumo Turbo 4x4s being driven near Sriperumbudur today. All with red light on the roof, red cross (ambulance not the org.) markings and driven by factory drivers. Not sure if Sumo Turbo 4x4 is on your watchlist and how one goes about obtaining one in this day and age.
Old 24th August 2008, 08:22   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Dan, why not first TRY the vehicle in stock form?
For the routes you have mentioned, I don't really think you're looking for a hard core off-roader.
Unless you plan on getting increasingly more adventurous and start doing Spangmik - Hanle, Marsimik La and suchlike. Or doing the route outside of the 'officially open' periods.
Scorpio ground clearance is also a little lower than I like, there are narrow, narrow trails I would like to try....I do not intend to do WILD off-roading but I want the competence in the vehicle to be pretty Darn good off-roading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
Saw at least 20 brand new Sumo Turbo 4x4s being driven near Sriperumbudur today. All with red light on the roof, red cross (ambulance not the org.) markings and driven by factory drivers. Not sure if Sumo Turbo 4x4 is on your watchlist and how one goes about obtaining one in this day and age.
Checked with Tata a number of times. They say these are not available to the public.

For now I am being patient. I feel no great urge to just jump into something. 2009 is not far away and there are rumors that new things will be on the market in the 4x4 arena. Also, I will continue to search for a good MM540/550. This vehicle kind of fits me.

Invader? I will check it out again.
Old 24th August 2008, 09:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, I will continue to search for a good MM540/550. This vehicle kind of fits me.

Invader? I will check it out again.
If MM550 is in the running, surely the Invader and the SWB Bolero merit checking out.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey,

FWIW, this June, a 2WD scorpio made its way to marsimek top. so nothing's impossible
Old 25th August 2008, 12:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
, this June, a 2WD scorpio made its way to marsimek top. so nothing's impossible
Hey, just one of those lucky days!
Don't we all know how much difference day-to-day weather changes can make!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks