Team-BHP - Gypsy on Steroids: Lockers installed and tested now
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   4x4 Technical (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/)
-   -   Gypsy on Steroids: Lockers installed and tested now (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-technical/43857-gypsy-steroids-lockers-installed-tested-now-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu (Post 2044965)
@khan: service kits are available right? if one needs to service the lockers?

I remember a kit available that contains the 4 pins + springs, these are the things that wear out faster in a locker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 2045220)
I remember a kit available that contains the 4 pins + springs, these are the things that wear out faster in a locker.

Any link to the kit please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsantosh (Post 2045220)

The pins are solid build -- bullet proof. I don't think it is easy to break those or damage those while running. It is more easy to lose those as they are so small. Many a times, you drop them and you lose them:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 2045429)

Here you go. Costs $15
Powertrax Lockright Lockers - Axles - 86-95 Samurai - Suzuki

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 2045464)

Thank you my friend :D

Quote:

The pins are solid build -- bullet proof. I don't think it is easy to break those or damage those while running. It is more easy to lose those as they are so small. Many a times, you drop them and you lose them:)

Here you go. Costs $15
Powertrax Lockright Lockers - Axles - 86-95 Samurai - Suzuki

Hey Shan,
Another question in relation to Vikram's.
The website lists India and also provides a quote for shipping it to India.
But, would you have any information if they would really ship it to India?
Also, say, if i purchase 1530, would there be some custom duties involved too?
Sorry, if this question is too stupid stupid:
Thanks a lot for this information.
Cheers,
Deepak

Quote:

The pins are solid build -- bullet proof.

yes, but if the springs loose their tension, then would it lead to a lot of clatter? Also, once Arka said me to put a extra 'washer/shim' to tighten the locker. May be that would solve your excess clatter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 2045429)

one more... good to know these tiny but important parts are available for $20.

LockRight Spring and Pin Kit

Edit - Forgot to mention this is for the jeep guys :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2045564)
The website lists India and also provides a quote for shipping it to India.

Some companies ship to INdia. One will have to pay delivery charges which depend on the company shipping as well as 35% duty on top of that and wait ..wait and wait.

But yes, the answer is YES.

Quote:

Originally Posted by starter (Post 2045564)

Try iccworld.com for sourcing & shipping. They have a "shop from abroad" option. Give the URL of the product you want to buy and they will deliver it to your doorstep. MAX 3-4 days (after the goods reach their warehouse in US from the local merchant). I have sourced LOT's of stuff from them and never had delays/issues.

1530 will cost anywhere between 275 - 320 USD. Add 50% more atleast for shipping & custom duties.

So, your landing cost would be in the region ~420 - 480 USD

Hi Shanawaz, I am getting my Gypsy ready for TPC and want to install lockers. Need some advice in terms of getting the correct Lock Right gear from the states. Raghav from IgNite will be doing the install. Please advise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amardeepmd (Post 3177003)
Hi Shanawaz, I am getting my Gypsy ready for TPC and want to install lockers. Need some advice in terms of getting the correct Lock Right gear from the states. Raghav from IgNite will be doing the install. Please advise.

1530 Lockright for the rear.

BTW, now in India we have LAMBDA mechanical-cable operated lockers available in Bangalore. Do think of those as an option also. If they were available when I did my lockers, I would have tried them out as they give the option of engaging lockers when you want and having an open-diff during normal use.

Thanks, Shanawaz. That's really helpful. Are you coming for TPC this year?

Dear All,

Is this the right model for Gypsy King Carb?

ARB AIR LOCKER SUZUKI 10 BOLT RING GEAR 26 SPLINE ALL RATIOS (RD208)

Thanks,
Krishna

Hi. Any recent inputs on disconnecting the sway bar? Has any disconnecting mechanism been fabricated of lately? I would like to try this mod for better articulation but I am sceptical of onroad stability.

@khan_sultan - please let me know if ARB AIR LOCKERS RD208 for rear differential, suits Gypsy King 413W. Mine is 2018 model and in bone stock state. Full specs - (RD208) Rear Locker - 84 On 1.3L Models Only, 26 Spline, All Ratio & Air Compressor - Air Locker Activation Only.

I checked with ARB dealer in Brisbane, Australia and it works for SJ413! He said that apart from Air locker & air compressor, I should get pair of carrier bearings & ring + pinion per locker. I am tempted to get it but need some guidance so that i do not land with parts which wont fit MG 413W.