Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 13:35   #1
BHPian

Carburetter blacking for gypsy

Has anyone faced this problem of carburetter blacking.Well i sent my Gypsy to RNS for cleanig of spark plug and the carburetter and i get a call from them that it is not possible to clean my cab because of blacking as i was running on lpg for some time and then changed to petrol.So i asked them what to do ,so they told me to replace my cab(are they taking me for a ride) and the amount was 25000+lab+tax,so i told them not to do anything and send the car back.So they just replaced the plugs and sent the car back
Experts on the forum pls advice what is the next step,should i go in for a second opinion(where)if i have to change my cab which other cab(model) can fit on my car,or where else can i get my cab cleaned?i am from bangalore
Old 28th July 2009, 13:58   #2
BHPian

Hey nikhil
Post some pics of the carb with the air filter removed
Cheers
GB
Old 28th July 2009, 16:53   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil1300 View Post
Has anyone faced this problem of carburetter blacking.Well i sent my Gypsy to RNS for cleanig of spark plug and the carburetter and i get a call from them that it is not possible to clean my cab because of blacking as i was running on lpg for some time and then changed to petrol.So i asked them what to do ,so they told me to replace my cab(are they taking me for a ride) and the amount was 25000+lab+tax,so i told them not to do anything and send the car back.So they just replaced the plugs and sent the car back
Experts on the forum pls advice what is the next step,should i go in for a second opinion(where)if i have to change my cab which other cab(model) can fit on my car,or where else can i get my cab cleaned?i am from bangalore
Hi Nikhil.

The original Aisin carb costs you 22K Never go for it ,almost all gypsy's from 97 to 99 has carb problem ok.
Old 28th July 2009, 17:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Soak the carb in DOT3 brake oil for sometime and then try cleaning with the brake oil itself.
Old 30th July 2009, 08:39   #5
BHPian

thanks alot gd1418 and swastikviji will try it out and get back and in the mean time will try and post the snaps
Old 30th July 2009, 12:48   #6
BHPian

waxed out?

Bro,
I think that your carb. has accumulated a lot of wax that comes along with LPG.
Its a common problem associated with prolonged LPG.
You might be one of the experts who would even do cold start in LPG itself.
My cousin brother was one of the kind and he landed with a crank shaft stuffed with wax, blocking the lube oil flow.

Solution for your carb. issue
Get 2-3 cans of WD-40 and Bath your carb. with it, force the cleaner though every holes in the carb. and finish off with brush scrub. A local mechanic will be the suitable person to do this labour intensive task.

Make sure that its done in a well ventilated area. WD-40 fumes are not worth inhaling.

Pickling the same in brake fluid or kerosene also might serve as a cost effective solution.
Old 30th July 2009, 14:33   #7
BHPian

hey thanks guys i just got the carb cleaned from a local mech he socked the whole carb in pegasoil(white petrol)for about 30min ,drained out the white petrol and pressure washed it with normal petrol brush few parts with plastic brush stuff like the jet etc fit it back and whoola ready to go zoom,zoom, zoom thank you all for the lovely inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks