Team-BHP > 4x4 & Off-Roading > 4x4 Technical
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 19:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Gypsys have morphed over the years. They have changed widths, engines and other things. Make sure you know the history of changes and in what year they occured so you know what you are getting. A good bit of that history can be found on this site. Look around here. Also, there are some quite competent folk who own Gypsys who are active members on this forum. One guy is "Headers" and one of the moderators whose threads here you will appreciate, "khan_sultan".
I appritiate the heads up sir, I have done a lot of research on them, I know their chronicles completly. I think i need to get a vehicle fast to change perceptions about me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Wouldnt registration be an issue if you get an old gypsy from Delhi and register it in Kerela?
If its hassle free, I would love to get one from Delhi myself though KA registration fees itself would kill me
An ex army gypsy is usually regestered in punjab (pb) when it is for sale in Mayapuri, i have absolutly no issues with out of station vehicles in kerala, My lancer is AP registered cops just dont bother here much. Not only KA AP also a lot of registration hassles. The workarround would be to get a pb reg gypsy and pay the road tax in KA, simple.

Mods: Please merge this to a thread where 4x4 conversions are discussed in details.

Pramod
Old 18th September 2009, 21:40   #17
BHPian

Dontuuu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Unfortunately in my side of the countries most of the Bhpians dont have a 4x4 and hence no OTRs, so i thought let me take a small step. I have been a regular in this side of Team Bhp and i know how hard and how difficult off roading can get, Thanks for the sugestions

Pramod
Pramod,

There is one budding 4x4 club in TVM. 6 or 7 vehicles at present. They meet every satudray at shanghumugham or Kowdiar Park.
they have started the off-roading trend in THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY.
You may get in touch with them to feel Offroading.

Congrats for attempting to do the impossible.
My advice - STAY OFF.
You could find even cheaper BLING sierras in Chennai
Better stick with Jeep or Gypsy.

Do you remember one Blue Sierra Turbo 2wd owned by one of our lecturers in Civil Dept.?
that was a neat vehicle. Try your luck with him.
OR
Wait for some time and get a seconds Pajero.
Old 18th September 2009, 21:50   #18
BHPian

Hi pramod,
If you are seriously looking for 4*4, my suggestion will be go ahead with mm 540, mm cj340 or cj3B as this jeeps have no problem in terms of spares and cost wise they will work cheaper for you.
regards,
Old 18th September 2009, 22:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexXxentric View Post
Pramod,

There is one budding 4x4 club in TVM. 6 or 7 vehicles at present. They meet every satudray at shanghumugham or Kowdiar Park.
they have started the off-roading trend in THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY.
You may get in touch with them to feel Offroading.

Congrats for attempting to do the impossible.
My advice - STAY OFF.
You could find even cheaper BLING sierras in Chennai
Better stick with Jeep or Gypsy.

Do you remember one Blue Sierra Turbo 2wd owned by one of our lecturers in Civil Dept.?
that was a neat vehicle. Try your luck with him.
OR
Wait for some time and get a seconds Pajero.

Sree,

Introduce me to them. I was just intrested as i really like the sierra. If you remember enough my friend Renjith had one and we used to drive it down to the college ground to do some stunts , Thats when mr Chetu Rasheed took notice of me and had that issue . Today when i went to see my Lancer's WIP, there was a 4x2 cutchase jeep there (looked like a cj3b) Upon enquiring he said that was getting done up for sale. Then i saw this really innocent sierra standing in a corner and the service advisor said even that is for sale. My question was not wether i pickup that vehicle but is it a vice idea to go converting the 4x4 route, but obviously i understood the answer is no. Dude was Shibu Varghese also in our college? some how his name sounds very familiar i am not able to place him. Regarding the Pajero, i wish whatever u said is just heard by the one above and granted :-).

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 18th September 2009 at 22:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks